Hey friends! Great job last week on the observation posts! You all are so insightful.
If you aren’t getting too bored with this game (I don’t seem to ever tire of it!), let’s try another room and share our thoughts on things that we notice about this space! No right or wrong, just any random thoughts that strike you as you look at this photo.
Here are some ideas to jump start the conversation, but feel free to share on anything about the room:
- What kind of mood does this room put you in? Why?
- How would you describe this style?
- Describe the personality of people who might live in a room like this and what must their life be like there (based on what you see)?
- What are the main things you notice when you first look at this photo?
- What are some subtle features that you notice when you look more closely?
- Notice things like the shapes, the textures, the colors, the proportions, patterns, etc.
- What is something you can learn from this style or how the room is put together?
- What role does the architecture play in this room?
- If someone wanted to create a room like this, what are some of the significant things they should incorporate?
Enjoy observing, and don’t forget to share with us what you noticed.
“Observation” is a new series of posts where we will all share our observations on the day’s photo. There is no expected, right or wrong comment. Just share what you see, what you notice, what is unique, what you love, what strikes you, or what is something you might have learned about design from this photo.
You don’t have to love the room to observe things about it. We’ll study all kinds of rooms (don’t worry, we’ll do other posts too, not only these!)
This exercise is both to stretch our own creativity and to help ourselves and others see from a new perspective.
Need more help with what to look for? Read the explanation post here. Have fun observing!
Coastal Living photo by Alec Hemer