Welcome to Day Two of my 31 Days of Falling For Fall series!
From time to time during this series, I’ll be sharing various beautiful rooms, displays or tablescapes that I find cozy or inspiring for Fall. Some of the spaces may not even be what you would typically think of as a “cozy style or color.” But because the designer had a great eye for detail, they pulled together elements that brought in just the right amount of texture or warmth. This room by designer Katie Rosenfeld was a great example!
In spite of the fact that it is a white room with pretty blue accents, it feels cozy and comfortable.
How did she achieve that balance?
Here are are five take aways that caught my eye!
1. While the chairs are peacock or teal blue, they are a beautiful soft velvet that feels cozy and comfy. It is that same exact combination I fell in love with for my new ottoman!
2. The light fixture is a warm gold tone. Yes, if you missed the memo, beautiful warm gold and brass is back in vogue in a big way, but a classic metal never really goes out of style. Brass and gold addd a touch of sophistication and with a warm glow you don’t get from silver.
3. The fabric lampshades on the chandelier soften the bare lightbulbs for a warmer ambience.
4. The designer added carpet runners to the stairs and an area rug to the dining room. While wood floors alone can be warm and beautiful, the added comfort and layer of texture brought another cozy element to the space.
5. The wood table and stair rail brought a sophisticated touch but still warm natural contrast to all the painted white wood work and green chest.
What caught your eye in this room?
Link up a Fall post at the Fall Nesting party link up!