Kitchen Remodel Update: The Round Window Trim

So, I’m tiptoeing in here with a quick peace offering kitchen progress report. I promise I’m not holding out on you. I even got out my real camera this time (rather than my iPhone) to give you this update.

You guys. The 7th time is a charm on the window trim.

It still needs to be painted white, but oh mylanta, I think it’s gonna be cute. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. So pretty & fun & unique!! Rejoicing with you! :)

2. I love it. Cannot wait to see the whole room. You are inspiring me to paint all my rooms white and to redo my home. :>)))
    Sherry recently posted..Rejoicing over what God has doneMy Profile

3. I’m literally chomping at the bit! It looks sooooo cute. Please sir, may I have some more?

4. This is so gorgeous! Love the window, the lights, the single basin apron-front sink, the shiplap… It’s looking amazing!

5. This looks so beautiful and we’ll worth the wait.However,I have decided that in my next life I will not request a round window when remodeling!

6. Oops! That was a typo.I meant well not we’ll!

7. Kudos to you! There is so much character in this one photo of your little kitchen that it gives me hope for my small out dated kitchen. I can’t decide what my favorite thing is, the sconces, the window, or the faucet.

8. Wheeeeeeee! It’s time to do the dance of joy!! I am so excited for you, Melissa! AND… oh my! I’m so loving the brass on the sink fixtures and lighting fixtures. What a lovely homey feeling and wonderful contrast to the other surfaces. And the window! So worth the wait!!
    Diane recently posted..How to become a people-lover. | JoyDay!My Profile

9. Oh my gosh – SOOOO lovely! The lights! The window! The shiplap! The sink!

10. Love that window!!

11. Love it!!! Can’t wait to see the total reveal!!! Love the cabinets! Love the sink! Love the faucet! Love the counter! Love the way you styled it with white pitchers and tulips! And I LOVE THAT window!!!

12. Lauri McIntosh says:

What color are you painting it, contrasting or same as wall?

13. I really love the smooth look of the window trim. Well worth getting it right. I’d keep the color like that but whatever you do to the trim I’m sure it will be just right!

14. Love the trim! This trim looks SO much better than the one being held up in the last progress shot.

15. So pretty! I really love it natural. It warms up the space in a pretty way. I’m sure if you paint it, it will be lovely that way too.

16. The window is just lovely and your kitchen looks gorgeous. So happy for you!

17. Linda Grubbs says:

Wowsa! Loving it. 🤗

18. Melinda Young says:

Very charming!!

19. Hooray!!! It’s stunning!! I’m happy for you.

20. Very pretty. It’s a great detail. The whole thing looks like a zen place to cook.
    Taste of France recently posted..Eating Seasonal Produce: WinterMy Profile

21. Anne-Marie says:

I really look forward to your blog. Your rooms really do inspire!!

22. Joanne Hrycak says:

OMG I love the window love the sink (have the same one) thanks for the update

23. I never would have thought of a round window over the kitchen sink! Genius!
    Kay recently posted..New! Magnolia Wallpaper!My Profile

24. Rebecca Turner says:

Maybe you should leave it natural? White trim will look good too, but I love the contrast. Anxious to see more. Looking good!

25. I was thinking the same thing as a few others – I love the look of the natural trim !!
    I’d suggest just coating it with some matte polyurethane and live with it natural for a while before you paint. You can always come back in with paint, but not so easy to go back to natural after painting !
    Can’t wait to see the whole shebang !
    Can you come out to Maryland and come finish my house next….?

26. Lyzz Pickle says:

Yippee! It is a gorgeous piece of wood. Too bad it’s to be painted out, but I understand it needs to be white. Congrats (finally) and enjoy the absence of hassle. What a big check-off on your punch list!!

27. Denise Kass says:

Melissa you are so cute! Your voice is funny and honest and I adore following your adventures. I feel so connected to you and we have such similar taste!!! Thank you for my favorite blog ever!!!! Love love the kitchen.

28. So charming and blends your cottage style with the MCM. There is a white brick mcm house with a round window in my town. :)

29. Ann Becker says:

Whew. Looks awesome. Wow looks like no seams. We are in the process of looking for a builder to add a garage onto our home. We think we have finally found the right candidate. Since we live on a mountain a simple garage is not so simple plus we want it to compliment our beautiful cottage home. We have interviewed quite a few builders and most of them would not even tackle the challenge. I feel your pain. I hope our end result will be as beautiful as yours. Thank you for sharing.

30. It’s already cute! Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring when you see your vision come to life!

31. I love, love, love the natural wood look. How about you keep it natural for a little while? :)

• I love natural wood, too! But if you were here in person you could see that construction of the frame wasn’t designed to be left as is. Even if it was left as is, once the kitchen is revealed (or if you were here in person and could see the whole room) you’d see how this spot fits in context of the overall design. We added this round window and all the trim around it to be a more subtle focal point. :) I do love natural wood though and in another kitchen it could be beautiful, I agree. We have a really small kitchen, so we couldn’t put every great idea into once space :).
      Melissa recently posted..Kitchen Remodel Update: The Round Window TrimMy Profile

32. Beautiful!

33. Congratulations Melissa! I love that you mixed metals here, really adds another layer and keeps it from being trendy. The round window looks terrific!!

34. What a beautiful view you have from your kitchen! Admiring a view from a thoughtfully designed space, what could be better?? That single basin sink is like whoa!

35. Looking good! I think the white trim will look just right.

36. THAT IS the focal point of this kitchen, in my opinion, and it is just PERFECTION!! franki

37. Absolutely gorgeous! I’m curious if you used real shiplap for the backsplash or something more durable that looks like it. I love everything about this.

38. So beautiful! I love it!