Sweet Escape: Little Glass Houses For You And For Me

by | May 30, 2008 | Sweet Escape | 46 comments

Another super busy week has come and gone! Eek, how time flies! I am always SO READY for my escape on Fridays! So for today, in my dream world I am escaping to a little glass house. Is that a fairytale or what? I’d sit out there every morning, sipping my coffee, feet up on a footstool. BLISS! Ok, who am I fooling with the “every morning” thing. I could LIVE in this house ALL DAY. Who needs a main residence if you have something this adorable in your backyard?

Have a beautiful and relaxing weekend, dear friends!

Oh, and if you have a chance, do a drive by for us so we can see all the loveliness in your world!

photo Tanglewood Conservatories via The House that A-M Built

Oh my goodness. That is the epitome of total bliss. You and I are feeling the same groove.

I’ll have my coffee strong and black. And, maybe a croissant and fresh blackberries.

Is there anything I can get for you? Maybe you would like a chocolate croissant.

I saw this in the magazine yesterday. I was standing in the middle of GagMart and I said OUT LOUD….”Omigosh, I could live in this thing.” It could be my own biosphere!

Love it, love it, love it.

– Suzanne, the Farmer’s Wife

I so need that in my backyard! What a fabulous place to escape to or hang out with some girlfriends!
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Sandy :)

Oh this is beautiful. An escape would really be nice right about now!

Oh goodness, I love this glass house! I have been wanting one of those made of old windows and architectural salvage forever. Maybe someday…:>)

now how did you get around my security gates, to take a picture of my back yard.
    tee hee.
    i wish!!
    outstanding!!!
    oxoxo,
    jessi

That is just about one of the most fabulous little pool houses I’ve ever seen- Thanks for sharing-
    I will have to store that picture away in my wish book :}
    Have a great weekend-

Oh wow, this is Heavenly! Where can I get one!? This is the most amazing retreat ever.

I’m so glad you commented on my give away earlier in the week! I LOVE your site.

Blessings
    steph.

Yeah…I could deal with having a little house like that next to my “regular” house. lol

Kari

i would never come out.
    the problem is that it’s glass and everyone could find me easily.

this house would be awesome!

Wow, I am totally in love with that house!

O.K. Now you have gone too far. This image just kills me. Thanks.

Man I would be so hard pressed to leave that except to stick my toes in the water.

Very nice – I’ll be over in just a minute – ha,ha!

You guys are cracking me up! If ONLY we could hang out by that glass house and the pool this weekend. All we need is the glass house and the pool. Well, and some fruity drinks with umbrellas. UGH, IF ONLY!!!

:-)

xoxoxo

Meliss

Forget the pool…just lemonade and a stack of magazines (and a turned off cell phone!), please! See you in 2 weeks!
    :0)
    Tara

This is it. My absolute favorite post ever. I actually gasped out loud when I saw it. I would do almost (almost) anything to have this glass house. Great find, Melissa!

How wonderful! That would be perfect for star gazing at night. Can you imagine falling asleep under the stars in that lovely glass house?

Have a wonderful weekend Melissa!
    xo
    Penny

is that for real?!!! it has to be photoshopped :))
    i agree that this little fairy tale building would be most difficult to leave once you took up residence, now that is a sweet escape!
    happy weekend Melissa
    xo j

Okay…I am the only pessimist…who is gonna clean all those windows? Boo me!!

Oh Yeah! I could escape into that….but I would tuck it into my woods and make a Hansel and Gretel path to it.

:-) Rosie

Melissa, this little glass house is perfect! I have always wanted one of those – so charming! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hi Melissa – just popping in to say hi. That is really cool and something from dreamland! LOL. I could picture myself, with coffee and a good devotional.
    Happy Weekend.

I want to escape there for the whole summer! Good grief – what a beauty! Oh, by the way I did do a Driveby of the canyon that I have to drive through each time I need food shopping done!

I want to escape there too…it is absolutely devine…we can all dream :-)

Oh!!! A little glass house and little glass slippers. Ahhhhh, I am going to live in there too!! Can you imagine??? 29 of us stuffed in there? hee heeeeeeee xxoxo

Hi my sweet friend! Janet, at Housepeepers, told me that you were doing a drive by feature. I just so happened to do a post today about one of our towns’ oldest neighborhoods with some homes being registered as Historic Homes of our town. So check it out and you can link this post if you’d like. It will be fun to see homes around the world on Tuesday!!

I love this glass house. Dontchaknow I’d have a huge surplus of Windex on hand! Oh, and don’t throw any stones either!

Have a great weekend! Our son is coming home tonight so we will be having a blast for the next three weeks!!!!! yahooooo!!!

xoxo
    Becky

xo and puppie licks to Winston from Doogs

I would really, really like to walk through those doors. I would also like a tour of that little bit of paradise.

Thanks for stopping by and mentioning by little blog! Isn’t it just so divine…. ‘All Things Bright and Beautiful’ has done a post on more ‘glass houses’ from Tanglewood. ….. love those conservatories! A-M xx

What a dream spot to spend an afternoon or two.
    Off to do my drive by in the morning.

Isn’t that the loveliest thing? I am sorry I have been gone so much… I am the principal at summer school and I am going totally nuts. Come visit my blog, I posted a picture of a friend’s garden, complete with a darling potter’s shed!

OOoooooooooh!!!!!!!
    Love your Dream conservatory.
    Can I jump into your dream and visit?

xox
    Constance

OH my GOSH…like, really….what can you even SAY about that?!?!?!??!!! Gush, gush, gush….speechless.

Hi Melissa,

I truly cannot complain about where I am right now, as I gaze out upon the majestic Pacific ocean, but that pool house is gorgeous! Let me know when you will be hanging out there for the day;) I’ll bring the stack of magazines and a box of yummy chocolates, and we can sit and giggle all day long.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and lots of love,
    Debbie

I have always had a fascination with conservatories– the old, English, Victorian kind… and this would do quite nicely, thank-you! My favourite building at WDW is the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. Architectural bliss. (Everyone else loves the Castle, but the CP is where it’s at for me!!)
    Hope you’ve had a restful weekend, Melissa!
    Janet

To think some folks really do live like this!! sigh..dream!

Thank you for visiting my blog, I’m so glad to find yours!
    Just love your glass house post…Magical.
    I’m adding your site to my ‘links to dream by’

Thanks for visiting my blog!
    What a gorgeous site; I’m adding it to my “links to dream by.”
    I just love your glass house post…Magical.

What a doll house, this is so lovely. I like your idea about a worldwide drive-by. I can’t wait to travel around the globe house watching. Karen

Hi M!
    ALWAYS a perfect place to escape when we visit here! How beautiful is the glass house! Yes, build a little one next to the Big house! lol

Happy week!
    xo

Wow, this is beautiful! It really does look like something out of a fairy tale! I’d love to escape there!

Precious!

And it has to come with built in maid service, to keep those window panes spotless. :-) Well, of course it would!

Mari-Nanci