A beautiful life is right in front of us!

by | Jul 2, 2009 | Authentic Living, Decorating Inspiration | 34 comments

I like the simple, homey look of that quilted round tablecloth!
{House Beautiful}

Wishing you all a wonderful 4th of July weekend! I had a busy week (ha, as usual!) and am looking forward to some family fun and fireworks this weekend! How about you?

We are trying out the new MckLinky today, let’s see if we like it better than that squirrely Mr. Linky! Thanks MckMama and the creator of MckLinky for finally giving us a nifty new option!

Beautiful Life Fridays is our chance at The Inspired Room to share how we found a beautiful life this week! It is good to be reminded that beauty and contentment are really right in front of us every day, whether we are working on a DIY project, folding a quilt over the back of a chair, polishing our sink, counting our blessings or pausing to notice our children laughing outside.

Don’t let a beautiful life pass by without notice! Share what beauty you found this week! Please please please link directly to your beautiful life post and link back here, it is WAY more fun for everyone that way.

Visit my tumblr for some inspiring ideas! Be sure to check out the link on tumblr to Kimba’s sale too! Also check out Hooked On Houses for Hooked on Fridays!

This MckLinky is new to me–hadn’t heard about it yet. It’s great to have another option!

Love that blue staircase. Beautiful! Makes me want to paint my stairwell that color. (But since we just finished re-painting it, maybe I won’t mention that to my husband right now. Ha.)

Have a wonderful holiday weekend with your family!! :-)

Julia @ Hooked on Housess inspiring blog post..Hooked on Red, White, & Blue

Ha, smart lady. You need to pace yourself, for hubby’s sake!

Me too, it is LOVELY!

Hi Melissa. So glad to see a competitor for other linky! I love the photo you chose for today. And I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend! ~Arleen

Love the blue and white, the shutters are so quaint and the runner going up the stairs really adds. Thanks for hosting the party! And Happy 4th!

Angela @ ImagineCozys inspiring blog post..Add Chairs to the Mix

I love your site and the blue in that room is amazing.

Love the hallway – and such a beautiful shade of blue.

Wishing you a wonderful 4th July weekend from N Ireland.

You hit the right spot, Lady! I am enjoying the simple and beautiful life.

Thank you for sharing and informing us, specially me how to live an easy & simple life.

Have a fab w/end.
    xoxo

Chies inspiring blog post..Goes FRUTIY on my FREAKY FRIDAY & LIVING A BEAUTIFUL LIFE

Lovely! What a beautiful shade of blue…and I love the tablecloth! The whole feel of the photo reminds me of my life in Greece. On my blog right now is a glimpse of my summer tablecloth which is identical to one of the pieces of this patchwork one!

Happy 4th of July weekend from Scotland!

janice | Sharing the Journeys inspiring blog post..Holidaying at Home

Hi!

Wow! I love your blog!!! It is beautiful! So many lovely photos and lots and lots of inspiration! Thank you!

Anette from Norway:)

ANETTESHUS.COMs inspiring blog post..THE SECRET

Yes, it looks nice indeed, but very American. I don’t mean it negative, it’s just that the houses there are built all in a certain way. It is how it’s supposed to be for every nation actually. You should come to Europe and see how we build houses here. The decoration here would look slightly different.

I love the colors in this room. I love the new link guy. Where did you find him?

Joan@anythinggoesheres inspiring blog post..How to: A Picture Easel

What a great use of color in this room.

It is so very hard to get just the right shade of blue.
    This is it.

I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July!

Becky K.s inspiring blog post..More Longwood Garden Photos

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged since I’ve been on vacation. I hope you don’t mind but I added my morning in Waikiki link. Hawaii is how I would live a beautiful life…

Punas inspiring blog post..Monstera

Love the blue in this room and the pictures going up the stairs!

I’m with just about everyone else – I love the pictures and the wall color. And thank you for so regularly allowing folks to share the beauty in life. I look forward to my reading time on Fridays because of it.

Kristen @ Beautifully Imperfects inspiring blog post..Something New

That blue and white combination is gorgeous!

Have a great weekend with the family, Melissa.

Saturday here we come….
    :-)

Jasmine @ The Suburban Sentiments inspiring blog post..Hooked on: Stationery

Happy 4th to you too- Have a wonderful day and thanks for all you do.
    Be safe and have fun.

Hello Melissa – I hope it was okay for me to link up my little town tour. Hubby and I took the kids yesterday and drove around our town snapping photos of our favorite spots. It really reminded me of how much we love it here – surrounded by beautiful beachy-ness!

Blessings,
    Marie

Maries inspiring blog post..great American town tour

Lovely photo. My favorite part about this post is the title. If we look, a beautiful life is right in front of us. What a wonderful concept.

Taking a Big Breath every morning — No longer setting goals but intentions (goals that arent achieved suggest failure for me) so my intentions, along with YOUR inspirations have helped me appreciate my beautiful life so much more.

Amazing how simple conscience efforts really bring about greater joy and life changes.

Have the best 4th — enjoy your family.

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

Claudia @ DipityRoads inspiring blog post..Utah Arts Festival

What a BEAUTIFUL post! It just might be the ‘beautiful life’ part of MY day! Thank you so much!

Hi!
    I’m glad to visit a great blog. Smart posts and beautiful photos. I like to contact people, all over the world, by his blogs.Would you follow me,because I’m afraid to lost your blog?I’m waiting your visit. Thank’s

Melissa, just stopping by to wish you a happy 4th of July! I hope to spend more time on your site later today. It’s always such a blessing and a lovely escape for me. I’m thinking of doing a virtual vacation some time this week on Heart Choices. You’ve given me that idea. And I participated in the MckLinky blog hop which was fun. I’m going to use this linky on Tuesday as I host “In Other Words Tuesdays”. A big cyberhug to you!

Debbies inspiring blog post..Happy 4th of July!

I love a quilt for a tablecloth! We do that often in the summer in our backyard-we’ve got one old quilt that works hard all summer for picnics and tablecloths and tents.

Missed linking up this week because we were out of town-but I always to love the inspiration gained from everyone else!

Ginas inspiring blog post..Where’d we go?

Hi Melissa,
    How pretty! Gonna have to go and check out the links.
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th of July.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

Sandys inspiring blog post..

Happy 4th of July! Hope you and your family are having a fun time:-) I love that blue room.

Amy @ Living Locurtos inspiring blog post..Happy 4th of July!

Oh, that photo speaks pure magic to me! Especially the quilted table cloth!
    Brenda

Brenda Kulas inspiring blog post..

That blue and white is gorgeous!

I’m glad you mentioned McLinky because I hadn’t heard of it yet. :) May have to try it this Friday with Fingerprint Friday.

PamperingBekis inspiring blog post..Back to life, back to reality…

Oh I am guilty of passing something special. On first glance the image was pretty, and the quilt you pointed out is really lovely, the paint/colour combo is nice and fresh but only on the 2nd look did i see the beautiful shell pictures hanging in the stair well, now they are really nice!

Pearl Maples inspiring blog post..Sky Watch Friday