A Beach Cottage: Life By the Sea

by | Jul 16, 2009 | Authentic Living, Decorating Inspiration, Details | 17 comments

A Beach Cottage: Life By the Sea

A Beach Cottage: Life By the Sea

by Sarah of A Beach Cottage

W hen I first started on this Beach Cottage journey I have to admit I was rather disillusioned with things, the realities of renovating the cottage from grot to glam hit home and I was the Whining Queen of Sydney.

Now though, appreciating the little things every day that before I may have passed over as unimportant helps make me see the bigger picture.  You know?  Insignificant little things like the fabulous Camellia tree in the Beach Cottage garden or the fragrance from the laundry drying in the coastal breeze or how finding a piece of junk and painting it chills me out.

Melissa at The Inspired Room continually inspires me in this journey, to stop and smell the roses, and I attribute much to her Beautiful Life series keeping me focused on doing the little things to make it all nice….

And speaking of nice things, do you like my new original Gail McCormack starfish painting?  I love it and enjoyed foofing around with this little vignette.  To me, vignetting is one of the things in life that make this tiny mind happy – a half hour here and there to pretty things make, for me, a beautiful life.

A Beach Cottage: Life By the Sea

special thanks to Sarah of A Beach Cottage for the lovely guest post and photos today
A Beach Cottage: Life By the Sea

Feel free to share beautiful moments from your week or link up a post on MckLinky for inspiration! Please link directly to your Beautiful Life post and link back here from your post!

1. Arleen

Hi Melissa. A beach cottage sounds perfect right about now!

Sarah, what a beautiful post, and I love your photographs. Thank you so much!

~Arleen

2. abeachcottage

G’day lovely Melissa

Thanks so much for having me today, I am honoured!

I am hoping to enjoy the little things tomorrow, Saturday my favourite day – some treasure hunting all morning and a coffee on the beach – making for A Beautiful Life…

Enjoy your weekend

Sarah

abeachcottages inspiring blog post..Tealights, Jars and Vintage Plates Tablescape

3. Jen (The Thrifty Home)

Your blog is such an inspiration to me. I love that you take time to notice what is Beautiful in Life.

4. Janmary, N Ireland

I love Sarah’s blog – I find it so inspiring and challenging and is helping me to add some more character to our holiday cottage near the sea here in N Ireland.

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend.

Janmary, N Irelands inspiring blog post..A beautiful coastal walk in Northern Ireland

5. Gail McCormack

Hi Melissa
    I’ve always loved your blog – for some reason I lost your link – but it will be well and truely linked up again from now on!

Have a wonderful weekend

~ Gail ~

6. Margie

Hi Melissa, I am new to visit you, I followed Sarah over, (Great to see you here too Sarah). Love the pink roses and now I will dream of a beach cottage after reading the story. Margie in Ireland.

7. Suzy Homemaker

I dream of a beach cottage, somewhere to spend summer vacation. I think Rockport, Ma would be my destination. Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip to the beach.

Suzy Homemakers inspiring blog post..Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches

8. edie

Thanks Melissa for making the internet ‘beautiful’! I joined in with a post from earlier this week.

edies inspiring blog post..Grace Notes

9. Pearl Maple

Thank you for sharing the beach cottage with us, have been watching Sarah’s blog develop and it sure is fun.

Pearl Maples inspiring blog post..Festival of Postcards

10. Patricia

Oh! I forgot to make a comment on Friday when I posted my link! I’m so sorry. It turned out to be a beautiful weekend indeed. We had the windows open both Saturday and Sunday to air out the house. It’s rare to have such good weather in July!

Patricias inspiring blog post..Off to the Farmer’s Market