Inspiration: 10 Lovely Window Seats

by | Jun 2, 2011 | Decorating Inspiration, Details, Summer Decorating, Window Seats | 39 comments

Theme Builder LayoutHouse Beautiful

Window Seats

Winter, spring, summer, or fall …. how could you not love a window seat?

They are perfect in every season.

Theme Builder LayoutSarah Richardson, Sarah’s House

Dining room window seats!

Theme Builder LayoutHouse to Home

Double window seats!

Theme Builder LayoutHouse Beautiful

Perfect kitchen window seat!

Theme Builder LayoutCountry Living

Window seat banquette!

Theme Builder LayoutArchitectural Digest

This is more of a window-bed!

Theme Builder LayoutCountry Living

Perfect Sunny Kitchen Window Seat!

Theme Builder LayoutHGTV dream house 2008

Daybed window seat!

Theme Builder LayoutSouthern Living

Our family’s beach house window seat overlooking the ocean…
its the best seat in the house!

Do you have a windowseat? I’d love to see it!

I’ve always wanted a window seat but never had the right sort of room/window combination. But on the top floor of our house, which used to be an attic and is a lovely bedroom now, I made a reading nook on the landing area, with bookshelf and a Moroccan floor cushion under a bright skylight. That was 8 years ago and one day soon I’m going to get time to sit there!

Other than sitting on the beach under an umbrella, I can think of no better place to relax and read a book than in one of these window seats.

Love window seats! Any chance you can share the link to the 9th photo on the Southern Living website? I love that white cushion with the orange-red flower (poppy?)!

There isn’t a thing I don’t love about the window bed… In my fantasy world I have a sleeping porch, open up the window there and you are as close as you can get. They are all fantastic!

Oh how I would love a window seat. To curl up and read a book and watch the snow fall or the rain fall. *Sigh* I wish I had a room where I could put one!

I love my window seat, although I think I could make it even better! I don’t have a blog (yet) are you taking pics of window seats for more ideas? Love your blog!!

I want a window seat, too. My mother-in-law has one in her family room and I sewed the cushions for it. Does that count?

Window seats are such perfect spots for reading. Love your window seat overlooking the ocean!!

No, I don’t have a window seat always wished I did. Love them!

I DO have a window seat but no pix currently…I’m thinking of updating it too. This is just what I needed to see :) I’ll post them soon and link back to you. Thanks for some inspirations today.

oh I LOVE window seats!! so totally have window seat envy. When I was a little girl I use to daydream about having a window seat with big pink fluffy pillows and wispy white sheers and I would sit in it all day reading books! *sigh* oh wait! maybe thats my daydream NOW. LOL

When we bought this house we saw the potential in one room to add windows and a window seat flanked with bookcases to mimic the same thing in the house we built but had sold. I was determined to have my window seat again and will never be without one. Love it and so do my cats!

Love that perfect window seat from House Beautiful. If the window seat was even longer, I could lie there while the water boiled for ravioli.

What a beautiful post!

I love window seats! I may have liked the 2008 HGTV dream house a little too much – I knew where that window seat was before I saw the caption!

I LOVE window seats so much…if i had a window seat, i would read my books there every day!

Nope–but I love ’em. I’m still trying to figure out how to add one to our small home. I’m definitely bookmarking this post!

Thanks and blessing, Melissa,
    Marilyn

I have a kitchen window seat that is in serious need of decor. I think I will add that to my summer to-do list and get started!

No, unfortunately I do not have a window seat – but I would LOVE one! The first one in the red really caught my eye and I have always been obsessed with the striped HGTV dream house one! Great inspiration!

I love window seats too! Mine is full of soft pillows…I love curling up here with a good book. Even the dog loves it!

I’m totally envious about this because I don’t have enough spaces to add some window seats in my house.But this could be arranged. I’m thinking of moving some furniture sets and transferring our old living room cabinet back to the kitchen or dining area.

If this will push through, I will try to copy the sixth photo’s window seat. It looks classy enough.

I have a nook in the dining room that would be perfect. Not done tho. Have an antique twin 4poster be perfect in enclosed porch aka ofc,that will happen first for sleeping porch this summer. :) have always wanted window seat/banquette,will think of something.

My someday dream home will have a great big window seat for curling up with books, and afternoon naps. Beautiful images! Thanks for sharing.

oh that window bed is TO DIE FOR!!!!! ever since i was a little girl i’ve wanted a window seat, and i’ve yet to give up on that dream! ;) thanks for sharing!

I want a window bed!

oh, I wish I had a window seat!
    Perfect spot for soaking up the sun… not many new builds have them any more :(

I adore window seats. To me, there is something just so comfortable and home-y about them. I’ve always wanted to have one in my kitchen or a bedroom. Hopefully, in my future home! Love all the collections here, Melissa.

they are ALL soooo gorgeous! I would die to have one in my house!

Love this post!! I have 2 spots that would be prime locations for window seats – and I’ve got hubby convinced he can build them. One spot is the living room and it has the double windows like in pic 5 above (a window on each wall but there is less space in the corner). Hopefully soon. I’m collecting pics for inspiration :)

A WINDOW BED!

I have long dreamed of a window seat in my house, but am switching gears now to dream of window beds. I can’t imagine a better place to nap!

They’re all perfect – I could just curl up with a cup of coffee (or glass of wine) and a magazine!

I think all my new homes window will be having window seats

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Trend-Tracker: Window Seats « How-To Home - [...] Window seat. Pinned by Smith & Bailey’s How-To Home from The Inspired Room [...]