Hi friends! As I mentioned last week, I’m working on quite a few updates around the house, as well as planning some upcoming projects that I’m super excited about!
I think my favorite stage of home design (especially in a home that needed some updating) is this one….when at least some of the major projects are crossed off and the overall mood of the home is more defined. Then I get to have fun with more of the refinements or details in each room.
We still have some bigger projects to do, of course, (like our mint and pink bathroom!) but this season will feel far more manageable since some projects are already done or at least further along.
As much as I love coming up with a new vision for a home or the specific plans for a room remodel, for example, I guess I just love the process of evolving and refining spaces in smaller ways the most of all.
Lately I’ve going back and forth between being so content with how far the house has come (like I just want to sit and enjoy it all!) and realizing I still have so many more ideas that I’m too excited about the vision to stop! For me as a creative person, I guess that’s a perfectly happy place to be.
Right now I’m working on a few updates and creative furniture shuffles in order to add more character as I make each room feel cozier and more pulled together. These are the projects that make me the happiest!
Here is a preview of a few happy house projects happening (or soon-to-be happening) around the house:
- I’ve already made a few simple updates to our living room this summer and I love the feel of the changes so far. I’ll be sharing more soon. For starters, I got a new sisal rug and I’m loving having a neutral rug again.
- I also got this statement art (mine wasn’t actually from Amazon, but it was out of stock where I got it, so I found the link there for you guys!).
- Remember our fireplace makeover discussion? We are going to move forward with a fireplace update. I think most of you are going to be happy with our decision, so stay tuned :).
- This summer I am going to be painting a secondhand bookshelf for a built-in effect in our living room. It’s funny how you can shop through your house and discover that you already have what you need, or close enough to it, that you can make it work with very little money to get the look you want. But I love shopping and getting new things, too, so I have my eye on a few new pieces.
- I recently got this laptop table for our living room which has been so handy for working from home!
- I also got this big oversized welcome doormat for our front porch.
- I’ve been working on a few switcheroos in my office, including moving our favorite leather sofa into it! I know you haven’t seen my office or the leather sofa for awhile on the blog but I promise, they both still exist! Ha! I decided I want a faux fiddle leaf fig there (the one I linked to is on sale!) to bring in some greenery. Greenery that will never die. :)
- I just ordered a new cabinet for the living room that I’m super excited about, too, so stay tuned this summer and fall for all of the changes upstairs and down!
There are some great home decor sales going on this week, check them out below!
Anthropologie – Extra 50% off sale items
Pottery Barn – 15% off $100 or more, 20% off $500 or more, 25% off $1,000 or more, 30% off $3,000 or more
Wayfair – Up to 75% off outdoor, lighting, decor and more
World Market – Rewards Members get an extra 20% off in stores and online! Click here to shop and then use code: WMJULY4 ….. Non-Members save 10% off + Free Shipping $75+ . Click here to shop and then use code: HAPPYJULY4