Do you all decorate every room in your house for the holidays? I do think there is something so enchanting and cozy about seeing a touch of holiday decor in bedrooms, bathrooms, hallways and the kitchen as well as the traditional living room and dining room. I am definitely a romantic about the holidays.
Decorating each room doesn’t mean you have to go crazy with excessive effort and expense. It is the simple and subtle ideas that make the most beautiful statements.
Even on a budget, as most of us are this year, there are ways to keep our holidays beautiful, warm and happy. A little time and thought with a dose of creativity can bring Christmas cheer to every room of your home:
- Sprigs of greenery from the yard tucked in vases or jars
- Homemade wreaths & ornaments hanging from beds, mirrors and windows
- Wrapped boxes piled on nightstands and end tables
- Christmas stockings on mantles and doors (make your own stocking instructions here)
- Shiny ornaments in bowls and trays set in unexpected places
- Ribbons tied around stacks of towels
- Garland strung over bookshelves and bedframes
- Mini trees in hallways and bedrooms
Enjoy this lovely photo inspiration from the ever beautiful magazine, Country Living. The images have got my wheels spinning and now I am really looking forward to the holidays!
All photos: Country Living online