Guest DIY post submitted by
Mrs. Limestone of Brooklyn Limestone
- Take a photo of your subject against a white or contrasting background. You can do this in your pajamas and in your night-time mask if you want…just make sure your hair is reasonably in shape. All you are aiming for is the outside line. (For children or pets, you’ll probably need to hold them for a second to get the profile shot off but that’s okay, no one will know!)
- Print out the photograph and trace along the outside edge of your hair, neck and face. Feel free to add in or take out what you don’t like. (Be gone flyaway hairs or double chin!)
- Now take your iron on transfer paper and print out a big black rectangle large enough to fit your traced head in.
- Place the photograph over the black rectangle and using a sharp scissors, cut along the details carefully. Guess what? You now have your very own head ready to iron on to a pillow.
- Following the directions on the back of the iron on package, affix each head carefully to the pillow cover. Before it completely cooled, I peel the paper off. I know the package says to wait but in my experience, you get better coverage when the ink is still hot.
- Stuff the pillow inside the cover and you are done. Finally a fun project that doesn’t take all afternoon!