Shingled House Tour {If I Lived Here}

Shingled House Tour Exterior

If I Lived Here Series by The Inspired Room

What do you think of this big rambling family house? I just love the gray shingles and white trim, and it doesn’t hurt that it’s overlooking the water. Such a charming house inside and out! Every once in awhile on The Inspired Room, we just like to dream a little. Sometimes our dreams inspire us to make simple changes to the mood of our own home so we can be content and inspired to love the home we already have. I love the feel of this house!

Shingled House Tour Front Porch

Shingled House Tour Entry

Shingled House Tour Fireplace

Shingled House Tour - BHG

sunroom

Shingled House Tour BHG

House Tour - White Kitchen

Shingled House Tour Kitchen

House Tour - Staircase

Shingled House Tour Bedroom

Shingled House Tour Bathroom Sinks

Shingled House Tour Garden Room

Gray Shingled House Tour

I could picture myself living here…could you?

See the rest of this house over at BHG.

Happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. … that potting table … I am drooling ;-)

2. Yep, just my kind of house! On the water, lots of white woodwork, wood floors, nuetral walls, lots of blue and white. Love it!
    Jann from Newton Custom Interiors recently posted..Quick And Easy Essential Oils Travel CarrierMy Profile

3. What isn’t to love about this house? The potting room! The woodwork! The pastel colors on the walls! It is so nice to be able to dream, isn’t it?
    Chloe Crabtree recently posted..A Neutral Easter TablescapeMy Profile

4. Wouldn’t it be nice to live here! ? This home has so much character and warmth. I could snuggle into that blue striped chair real easy. Beautiful location as well. Thanks for the tour! We just had over three feet of snow dumped on us in the past 5 days so those flowers and shrubs keep my spirits up. :)

5. Absolutely!! I love it!! And yes… the water just makes it even better!
    Diane recently posted..When did you last make time for a good friend?My Profile

6. Sheran Steading says:

I could move right in! Love everything about it, especially that potting room. It’s so luxurious!

7. Wow – this is gorgeous. I wouldn’t change a single thing!

8. Deb Johns says:

Thanks for sharing. This home is lovely…so why the somber expressions from the family (photos 3, 4 and 5)? Even the kiddos look sad :(

9. Gretchen says:

I am drooling over every single picture! What a dreamhouse this isl!
    The potting room looks very much like the one in the historical Arlington House, the home of Mary Custis and Robert E. Lee.

10. So perfectly coastal around every turn and it looks like a family lives there, not like a perfectly styled model home. Gorgeous!

11. Yes! And the wood floors encouraged me — I just had floors that color installed in our house and I was beginning to second-guess the color because everyone seems to be going real light or real dark now. :) Thanks for settling my anxiety over it. :)

12. I would live there in a heartbeat!
    Kari recently posted..Rustic Southern Wedding – The HistoryMy Profile

13. This house is to die for!! I love the gray and white for a house by the water…it seems nautical without being overly so.
    Peggy recently posted..A pinch of this, a dash of whateverMy Profile

14. Karen on Bainbridge Island says:

What a question? Me? In that house? By the water? Duh….YEAH!!!!!

It’s a spectacularly beautiful home….lucky are the lucky ones who get to live there.

15. Love the smart use of space for those bookcases on the hallway landing. Although space doesn’t seem to be a problem in this dream home!

16. It’s a GORGEOUS home but it’s overwhelmingly big. Maybe if it was 1/3 the size… then I’m totally in. :)

17. Ms Maggie says:

That is a lot of house!

We love shingles and want to add the to the island home in the upper part someday…

But that will have to wait until late fall for such work.

18. Beautiful home! We are building a home much smaller than this to retire very near but not on the water! Love the color schemes. Our home will have a grey and white exterior color pallet. Love that potting area!

19. prgirltoronto says:

I could definitely imagine myself living here!

20. Beautiful home! I love the recessed cabinet and the potting table. This is an amazing home and, yes, I can see myself in it!
    Tammi recently posted..Things I’m LovingMy Profile

21. yes and no. It doesn’t quite fit my less is more philosophy but I can take elements from it and see my own home in this one. Nor does it fit my pocketbook but the element of peace here could be reflected in where we find ourselves right now.

22. I’ll take it!

23. GASP!! Dream home!!!
    Morgan Lewis recently posted..Lessons My Puppy Has Taught MeMy Profile

24. Wow. This is right up my alley. I about fell over when I got to the potting room.
    Good grief!!! I need an iced tea to recove from my summer dreams….
    Sharon
    The House of Hampton

25. Love the coastal feel. I try to fit this feeling into every has I have. Relaxing vibe!