The One in Which a Dream Comes True {Maison Luxe Seattle}

by | Jun 13, 2012 | Decorating Inspiration, My Life | 20 comments

If you’ve been following this blog for awhile, you probably have noticed my daughter Courtney is an interior design major. She has done a couple of posts on The Inspired Room for me and will be doing some really cool regular columns here in the future. For the past year she has been looking for an interior design internship. She is entering into her last year of college and it is time for getting some real world experience! Such an exciting time for her, and of course, for me as her proud mama!

She has been telling me of her dream to work in a beautiful design firm with a designer that has similar taste to her own so she could not only love where she worked, but she could learn from someone she would relate to on a design level.

While that was the ideal and I’m all about supporting her dreams, most of the opportunities she came across didn’t really match the dream. Ha, isn’t that how it goes so much of the time? But she was OK with that, she would’ve been happy to have any experience at all. You have to start somewhere, right?

Until her dream came true and she was offered a design internship with Kelie Grosso at Maison Luxe in Seattle. Be still my heart!

This is something she pursued all on her own, I don’t know Kelie and didn’t pull a single string to get her a dream opportunity. Dream chasing is something she did all on her own, with me cheering her on from the sidelines! I’m so proud of her (and grateful to Kelie from giving her this opportunity!)

How could any one NOT be inspired by working in this gorgeous place? Courtney is truly my daughter, in our minds a beautiful environment makes life SO much better.

Is this just the most lovely dream come true EVER for a young aspiring interior designer?

I’m so excited for Courtney and so proud of her! I cannot wait to feature more of her own great design ideas and have her share more of her experiences as a design intern at Maison Luxe! You can read her exciting announcement and see more pictures on her blog!

That’s amazing!! I’m getting inspired just by looking at the pictures of that gorgeous space! What a wonderful experience for your daughter, and such a proud moment for you as a mom! I’m going to go check out her blog now.

How wonderful! Congratulations to Courtney, and to you, proud mama! What a gorgeous space she will be working in – love all the light.

That’s fantastic!

Thanks so much, Jillian!!! xo

Amazing! I follow Courtney’s blog and she has amazing taste. I know she’ll do well with this internship. Lucky girl!

Thanks Heather!!! xo

Congratulations to Courtney! What a great opportunity for her. I know you’re so proud of her. Isn’t it amazing

1. how close the apples fall to the tree and
    2. how very proud we are when our kids do well?

Such an amazing thing is parenthood.

Congrats to your daughter!! What a great start to her beautiful career, I remember those days. She is lucky to have a great mama to support her!

Congratulations to your daughter! Those achievements feel so rewarding! And what a beautiful work environment!

That’s really AWESOME! Sounds like she has a lot of gumption and knows how to follow her dreams…

:-) Thank you Gina, we are pretty proud of that girl!

How truly wonderful for her and you too! Looks like a gorgeous place to be in. She is sooo very lucky to get this experience. I know she is going to do great things (just like her momma. :)
    kelly

Thank you Kelly! :-)

Congrats and everything looks wonderful!

You are so lucky to have a daughter with the same interests. Not only that but she can share her enthusiasm with you about her work. I don’t think I am going to be so lucky with my boys, but then again you never know. I love seeing parents truly enjoying their grown up kids-It really makes for such a wonderful relationship. I look forward to seeing and hearing more- she is so blessed to have such an awesome opportunity- Good Luck!!

Hurray for Courtney! Well done! I look forward to reading all about her adventures.

Hi I love your blog!!!! It is one of my favorites. I am not sure if I am doing this right but I hope I just entered to win the home goods gift card. Have a great weekend. I love the pic. how to clean up your house in 5 min.

That’s such amazing news! Congratulations to your daughter! I totally agree, go after your dreams, while you’re still young! Keep us posted with your daughter’s work! Any decorating plans for this fathers day weekend?

We are *thrilled* to have Courtney on board – she is a gem!

xo, Kelie