{Weekend Dreaming} Castle By The Sea

by | Mar 1, 2013 | exteriors, If I lived here... | 21 comments

Theme Builder LayoutTheme Builder Layout
…I’d be lounging on the back patio gazing out at the sea, awaiting my butler who was preparing my lunch
(on a silver platter, of course).
Now it’s your turn!

Lounging on a chaise lounge, sipping some iced tea, relaxing staring at the water.

Sigh, that would be so relaxing!!!

Standing in the turret with my very long hair cascading over the side so that my prince could climb up!

Hahaha, of course! ;-)

I would be in my master bedroom looking through my Oscar gowns, brought to me by my personal stylist, and trying to decide which one to choose, the Louis Vitton, the Gucci? Tough decisions!

So many options…how could one ever decide? :-)

Too funny! Just today, my 3 year old granddaughter asked my husband to find a ‘castle by the sea’ instead of the ‘cottage by the sea’ that I’ve coached her to ask for!

And … she wants polka dots on it.

;-}

I’d be working over time to try to pay for the thing while I stared out over our little swimming pool and into the golf course that surrounds my home. I live in Oklahoma City and I’m sure this house must be in Gallardia. No sea anywhere around…Oklahoma City is landlocked. This house is not even on a lake…that’s a golf course and their pool. This development was built on prime farmland. Which means there were no trees….there are no mature trees in the gated neighborhood – only trees planted by the homeowners. Personally, this is the last place in Oklahoma City I would live. I live within the city in a historic city neighborhood surrounded by hundred year old trees and a park with a natural creek running through it. My house is not huge…but to me and many others it is much nicer than this huge faux castle.

Love your blog…I was just shocked to see this house here today.

Aw come on don’t burst the bubble, we are just having fun. It’s weekend dreaming! Not real life! :-)

Hi Melissa,

I would be barefoot, with long beach wavy blond hair,wearing lovely loose clothes from Soft Surroundings. Pouring coffee in my beautiful, giant, but cozy kitchen I would take it to my studio on the top floor overlooking the ocean. There I woud sit down at my lovely white writing desk, gather inspiration from the quiet of the house, and continue writing my fifth book…the last four have been on the best sellers list, so there is a bit of pressure! I have three more hours to write before the four children are home, filling it with laughter and wet swimsuits. Oh dear, I could go on and on…does this mean I have no real life?

I love your vivid imagination! :-)

If I lived here I would be searching for a frog to kiss! Marianne, I think you really should be writing that book!

I would be helping my daughter get ready for her wedding. Being the Disney fanatic that she is, She wants to be married in a castle, and being married at home in a “castle” surrounded by her family would be wonderful. I’d be checking with the caterers in the kitchen to see if everything was ready and assisting the florist with the last minute touches. It looks like the weather would be perfect for it too. (Oh yes, we are dreaming today aren’t we?!)
    Thanks for the fun, Melissa!
    Kelly
    p.s. I agree with Helene, Marianne should be writing her novel!

I’d be broke!!! But if I wasn’t, I’d be playing the best game of hide and seek EVER with my kiddos.

Got sand-bagged while catching up on emails! I just spent over an hour revisiting your old posts. What inspiration!
    I always look forward to seeing you in my inbox!!!

I would having breakfast in bed, with my french doors wide open feeling the sea breeze wafting into my room.

I would be inviting everyone I know over to play croquet and have a picnic on the lawn with champagne and hot dogs!

I would be outside on the patio having a Yoga class with a group of lovely woman.

I would have Bon Jovi feeding me grapes while I was planning an outrageous tea party for the upcoming weekend!