Get Organized: Command Centers

by | Jan 17, 2015 | Decorating Inspiration, DIY, Gather, Organization | 10 comments

Theme Builder LayoutShabby Creek Cottage (DIY)

Working on organization this year? Today I’ve rounded up some great inspiration from fellow bloggers and my own home to inspire you! Click the links to their blogs for more details on how to create your own command center.

Theme Builder LayoutThe Handmade Home (DIY)

My own family command center. On ours, we use magnetic canisters like these to hold paperclips and push pins, day-of-the-week clothespins for important weekly reminders, clips similar to these for holding papers and calendars, and magnetic cups for pens and markers. My chalkboard was from Costco a few years ago, but I found a similar one here!

Theme Builder LayoutHi Sugarplum (using pieces from Martha Stewart’s Wall Manager)

Theme Builder LayoutGirl Loves Glam (DIY)

Theme Builder Layout4 Men 1 Lady (DIY)

Theme Builder LayoutDomestic Imperfection (DIY)

Theme Builder Layout1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

*Some links are affiliates, see my advertising and blog policies here.

Related Posts:

How to Get Organized in a Small House

5 Things Every Small Bedroom Needs (with round-ups of great small space furniture, accessories, and organization)

The Secrets to Getting Organized

Other organization posts on The Inspired Room

Order my book Simple Organizing at Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

I’m currently learning the tricks to being organised and I have spo sone helpful diys here.
    Very helpful post.

A well-packed post! Full of different configurations! I don’t think I shall ever really transform all the paper “stuff” as well as the mental into a visual, practical set-up. It seems by the time I’ve reached a point where things are condensed and rational, some new input in our lives calls for different organizing needs! But the variety of ways of presenting the “stuff” in this collection does give rise to “a way in.” Thanks, Melissa!

I’ve got a similar organization area in our mudroom set up just for the kids. I would be lost without it! It’s also nice to put all of the calendar dates in one place so my husband and I can sync our phones to it. I’m not sure what took me so long to get organized!

Those are all so handy! I totally need something like that though I think I need a mirror with it instead of a chalk board for last looks before leaving. I’m not vain but I have a terrible habit of applying lipstick while walking and not checking it once I get in the car!

Hello, Great ideas, I also find by paper clipping my different dr. appointment cards to my calendar always makes it easy for me to remember my dates & time. Looking forward to reading all your books. keep up the great work. Cindy

I love that magnetized wall… wouldn’t be that expensive and provides a lot of storage instantly!

These are great ideas and it just goes to show that Command Centers don’t have to be complicated. :)

where can I buy all these things you have posted??