With the holidays just around the corner, our kitchens are the hub for entertaining once again! And with entertaining at home, comes a fresh look at everything we’ve neglected around the house. Suddenly we notice the peeling paint, the lack of storage, the tired or outdated decor and all the flaws we somehow managed to live with all summer.
I’ve been known to kick into high gear on redecorating or remodeling projects just weeks before holidays (or right before I put a house up for sale!). I get more done under pressure, I guess. I think that is because I start throwing out any notions of perfection and move quickly past all indecision.
I get down to business, solve problems and finish projects in record time. I start hanging pictures that sat on the floor for months. Minor repairs get made. I start touching up paint. I finish a project creatively that had been waiting for the perfect solution.
And really, when I work with a limited budget, using things I already have, and I find creative solutions to solve problems, the end result is a room no one else could duplicate. And I often end up with a room I love all the more because of the creativity that went into the room.
If you are wanting to add a little creative zing to your kitchen before the holidays, enjoy these inspiration photos and tips!
Inspiration for a Creative & Unique Kitchen:
- Bring in a desk or dresser to supplement storage and workspace.
- Punch up the personality with color, stained glass, chandeliers, or checkerboard floors.
- Add fresh new or vintage accessories to liven up a tired kitchen in a hurry.
- Scour “rebuilding” centers for reclaimed items to add character.
- Rethink the need to buy new…your old bookshelves could become your new china cabinet!