“It was one of those perfect English autumnal days
which occur more frequently in memory than in life…”
Author P.D. James
Oh, may it not be so!
Autumn gives us every opportunity to live an authentic life. Yet how easy it is to miss the little things in the never ending pursuit of a “perfect” life! An authentic life is made up of recognizing beautiful moments in an imperfect world. We must discipline ourselves to linger even for a moment on those things so they will become emblazoned in our memory like a snapshot in a tattered scrapbook. What do you treasure in Autumn?
20 Little Things To Treasure in Autumn
- Quiet dinners by the fire
- Reading mystery novels in darkened rooms
- Flannel sheets at the end of a long day
- Candles Flickering
- Smelling cinnamon, oranges & cloves
- Roasts, Potatoes & Carrots
- Fluffy feather beds on a cold night
- Watching movies snuggled in soft blankets
- Cozy socks
- Pie in the oven
- Warm crackling wood stoves
- Squash with buttered brown sugar
- Chili and corn bread smothered in honey
- Wind blowing through leaves
- Glow of lamps through windows
- Laughter filling a room
- Scrabble and popcorn
- Caramel apples
Autumn is the most wonderful season, but if you don’t take a few moments to SAVOR it, it will be over before you know it! I mean, really, we are already on day 21 already of Autumn Bliss! Only 10 more to go (I promise it will end!)! See how fast time travels? If you haven’t savored autumn yet, now’s the time! Slow down and embrace it.
What is on your 20 little things to treasure in Autumn list?
Those moments are what Autumn is all about.
a portion of this post was originally featured in 2008.
For the entire series links, click the 31 Days Button below!
Find the rest of the 31 Day girls here.