Is it really only 2 weeks until Thanksgiving and a little over 6 weeks until Christmas? Gahhhh. I need to get in the festive holiday spirit. Here is what I’m going to do to start getting myself in the mood:
1. Start listening to the holiday tunes. This one never fails to put me in the holiday mood.
2. Start an advent calendar. I usually think of this idea too late!
3. Put on the holiday bedding. My son has red flannel sheets that will be going on this weekend! They signal the beginning of the holidays!
4. Cram in one more house project … so I’ll have a built in holiday deadline.
5. Start dreaming up some cute holiday projects. I’m on the lookout for a new holiday garland for this year!
6. Spend some time drooling over photos of Christmas rooms.
7. Start preparing some festive holiday treats.
8. Hang our Christmas lights before it gets any colder out!
a lovely home from one of my drive bys!
9. Light up the fireplace in the evenings and use candles and twinkly lights for a warm glow.
10. Plan a game night to discuss with the kids the holiday plans. I’m already talking to my son about the best gift he can receive this year — time with his family.
Christmas is coming! Are you ready? Or not?
This week’s posts on The Inspired Room are sponsored by Red Letter Words.