7 Year Blogging Anniversary {And a Huge Announcement!}

Find Something You are Passionate About and Keep Tremendeously Interested In It

A few weeks ago, this blog turned seven and I began my eighth year as a blogger. I’m sitting here in awe of how much has happened since that first day I plopped myself down at my computer and said hello to the unknown faces of the internet. Who could have imagined? Not me!

While much has changed on the internet and with the increasing social media avenues, much here on the blog has stayed the same. It’s still me as the author and creator of this space, sharing my home, my ideas, thoughts and heart.

While I remain faithful to my one blogger personal format, I’ve been blessed to also be able to share with you the journeys of my sweet daughters Kylee and Courtney (and their friend Michaela!) who are just launching their own lives at home. I love that we can see the world through their eye for beauty and be reminded through the newness of their experiences to embrace the simple blessings of home.

It’s a family blog, a family business. I’m beyond grateful to be able to share this adventure with my girls as well as my husband who helps me behind the scenes with painting and hanging light fixtures and all the ways he supports what I do. My fourteen-year-old son is slowly but surely becoming my strong blog assistant, helping with lifting and carrying furniture around for me even when he thought it was fine where it was.

Last year on my sixth anniversary I mentioned that I was writing a real live book. I don’t believe I have uttered a word about it since, so I’m sure it has been long forgotten. At the time, I was in the process of finishing a proposal. I’ll be honest, it was hard for me. Very hard.

But through the gentle encouragement of my literary agents (Ruth Samsel and Bill Jensen) who pursued me and convinced me I could and in fact should write a book, and friends like the amazing author Ann Voskamp who assured me she would buy my book (one reader, yay!) and my long time blogging cheerleader Holly Mathis, I took the plunge and last spring I agreed to at least write a proposal for a book I would want to read.

What If I Fall - What If You Fly - Free Downloadable PrintFree Downloadable Print!

Blog writing became so rewarding over the years that sharing here day after day was enough for me, I didn’t have that inner drive that many authors do, that I must have a published book. I was content to just continue doing what I was doing! Last summer, book writing felt very much like it would be a scary turn of events, one that would launch me into a vulnerable new world. But I kept on working on the proposal, not convinced it would ever be a book.

I procrastinated, was distracted, and held back that proposal as long as I could. Finally I told myself to just give it to my agent, Ruth, and move on. In January of this year, my proposal was sent out by Ruth to probably a dozen publishers. I was fully prepared (and actually maybe even secretly hoping for) the thanks, but no thanks messages, ha! But no. That’s not what happened. Within two days, we had positive emails and offers coming in. By the next week I was invited to phone meetings with a half dozen publishers. It was terrifying. Not only was my book idea well-received and wanted, now I had options of who would publish it. All of the publishers were so encouraging and their confidence and excitement about the proposal was pretty amazing. I would have been thrilled to sign with any of them, they were all great.

Yet one publisher went beyond the wonderful phone encouragement and actually invited my husband and me to visit them in person. I was so nervous as we sat in their beautiful conference room many months ago, but they immediately put me at ease. Surrounded by maybe ten of their staff at a big round table, each one shared a bit of their vision and excitement about the possibilities.

The Inspired Room

They communicated a vision for my future and books that was beyond anything I had ever even imagined. Their designers created a powerpoint presentation that brought their vision to life and my husband and I were seriously blown away. It was surreal. I couldn’t have made something like that up!

Seven years of blogging (basically just me, by myself!) flashed before my eyes. How did a blog turn into this vision other people could see in a way I hadn’t even dreamed of? I was surrounded by a team of people who believed in what I had created (and it wasn’t my own family!) They believed in me. They believed the words I had written and the encouragement I had poured out all these years on the blog should be shared with a wider audience and with my readers in printed form.

Not only did they inspire me with what could be, but I could fully imagine them being a part of my team. I believed they could bring my blog to life where it could be held in real hands, set on real bookshelves and read from real pages.

They said my proposal for the book I had in mind was great, except they wanted eight. Eight books. Not eight copies. Eight TITLES. SAY WHAT? I nearly fainted dead away. Being asked to do EIGHT books when I barely had the courage for ONE? Y’all. That’s crazy. I know it even shocked my agents, I mean this apparently isn’t the norm (but of course, I’m grateful for everything Ruth did to represent me so well!). The publisher (Harvest House Publishers in Eugene, Oregon) had such an exciting vision and beautiful ideas for the future that I took the leap and said yes. I knew it was the right fit.

They shared their vision of preserving my brand and creating something more than I ever imagined. I started to see what I’ve created as something bigger than a blog. Not in a sell your soul kind of way, it’s still just me and my heart for what I do is not changing. This is still my heart, it is just beating a little bit bigger outside my chest. I’m still terrified, maybe even more so now, but so grateful that others with such great vision have come alongside to nudge me along and take risks this big!

All Life is An Experiment - The More Experiments You Make The Better

Mostly I’m grateful for you, the readers who have been here encouraging me all along. I cannot tell you how many messages I’ve received from people over the years, and increasingly lately, encouraging me to write a book. Your gentle nudgings and confidence in me means the world.

I wasn’t sure how to announce that I was writing eight books over the next two years. It’s not something you just casually blurt out, I guess, ha! I just wasn’t sure how to say it. But finally I just decided it was better to just say it and have you along for the journey than to try and do this quietly on my own. Without you, this journey wouldn’t be the same.

I will admit I was worried that somehow my blog would suffer because of all the focus that is required for creating books and I just didn’t want that to happen. After several months of juggling how my new life as a book writer and my main life as a blogger will work together, I think I’ve found my rhythm. It’s been busy but wonderful. I am still fully engaged with all that I’m doing and grateful for all the opportunities to share my heart and passion for the home. Thank you for how you’ve always supported my new endeavors!

It’s a learning process (and I of course fear failure and falling flat on my face), but it’s worth the risk to try.

Love the Home You Have - The Inspired Room Book

My original book proposal over a year ago was for a book called Love The Home You Have. And that very book will finally be published in April of next year! It is a book that outlines my philosophy of the home and offers lots of encouragement and inspiration to find contentment and love for the home you have. I’m very excited about it!

It will be followed by three more books published in 2015, which I will share about in more detail soon! Phew. There. I said it. I’m going to have eight books. #faints

Sources:

Julia Childs Print: Unraveled Design

“What If I Fall” Print: Paperfelt Paper Goods

Ralph Waldo Emerson Print: Neue Graphic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. YAY!

Showers of blessings …

;-}
    Linda recently posted..Sharing Their Gorgeous ManesMy Profile

2. Wow! Congratulations on EIGHT books!
    Southern Gal recently posted..Multitude MondayMy Profile

3. Christi {Jealous Hands} says:

Melissa, that is awesome! Congratulations!

4. Hi there, I’ve only just discovered your blog (obviously I’m about 7 years late jumping on that bandwagon) but I’ve been really enjoying reading it. Congratulations on the book(S!!)

5. LaNelle
    Twitter:
    says:

Amazing! So deserved, enjoy your new adventure as author of books….many blessings to you!

6. …how wonderful!…yours was the very first blog i ever read…and the very first one i commented upon…about a pair of little shoes…of course you can fly!…for you know Who holds you aloft…blessings laney

7. FANTASTIC!! What a dream come true for you – what a blessing for us, your readers! It’s good all around! Let the Lord be praised!

8. Melissa this is the best news! Love Harvest House – they are the kindest people and will champion your books! I have loved working with them. So excited for you. Praying God’s blessing and words to flow as your write!

I’m excited to read every single one!

Stacey
    Stacey Thacker recently posted..What I WoreMy Profile

9. Suzanne says:

I just recently found your blog after seeing it in BHG. I am a 30-year-old wife and mom of two and my hobby is working on making my home better little by little to become the perfect place for our family. I have loved going through your old posts and love your ideas about being content with the home you have! I am so excited to hear this news even though I haven’t been following your blog for too long yet. Good luck and I look forward to following along!
    -Suzanne

10. Congratulations!! That is wonderful news and I’ll look forward to reading every single one of your books. You are going to be sooo busy — but that is fantastic. You’ve worked hard and you deserve the good news.
    Marisa Franca recently posted..Basil Vinaigrette Salad DressingMy Profile

11. Jackey nevel
    Twitter:
    says:

What a wonderful affirmation for all your shared creativity. Thank you for sharing all this with your readers.
    You go, girl!

12. Great!!! I can hardly wait :-)
    I love your blog, but real books are very close to my heart and I promise you here – in writing – that Ann Voskamp will not be your only reader ;-)

13. Eight you say?! Well, my dear, that is wonderful! All good things to you. You’ve worked hard and you know your stuff! I’m going to start saving my pennies now so I can buy the first book.

14. Congratulations Melissa! That’s a huge accomplishment. I love the title of the first book, I’m intrigued.

15. Wow what a way to start the day. EIGHT BOOKS OMG!! This is such great news sure you are nervous but you have such a way with story telling. This blog has gotten me thru the worst days with your funny and passion for your home and family and what can I say about Jack and Lily. You will become a wonderful bookseller because of your values. YOU GO GIRL.

16. You give such encouragement with your “CAN DO” attitude! You are a woman on a mission!

17. Congratulations! Enjoy the ride!!! laura
    laura recently posted..Cherry Crumble … Grab a SpoonMy Profile

18. Congrats Melissa! I’ve been reading your blog from the beginning. So happy to hear about the books! Good luck and I’m looking forward to reading them!

19. Congrats! I can’t wait to read your books. I love your blog and your home and you inspire me in many ways! Thanks for sharing with us.

20. That is awesome!!! I can’t wait to read!!!

21. Congratulations !! That is fantastic and it is all down to your hard work!

22. Congrats! That is amazing news! I can’t wait to read your first book — it was your post over a year ago about “How to Fall in Love with Your Home” that inspired my husband and I stop looking for a different home -and to embrace the one we have. It changed our lives and the way we view our home. Thank you for that! So, I will be one of the first to purchase your new book when it’s out!
    Kristen recently posted..Brass MenagerieMy Profile

23. That’s wonderful news! Eight books…. wow! I’m sure they will be amazing and I am looking forward to their releases! :)
    Lana Manis recently posted..Get an Early Start on Your Autumn Decor!My Profile

24. Congratulations!!! I love the theme idea…it’s something God has been impressing upon me more and more often lately. :)
    Amanda recently posted..Gift Basket Birthday Present {plus Theme Ideas for Boys and Girls}My Profile

25. Oh Melissa, that is so awesome! I can’t wait! Congratulations!

26. Congratulations! Can’t wait :)

27. Congratulations! Wow, eight books in two years! You’re one brave lady – best of luck moving forward, and I look forward to seeing them at Barnes & Noble in the near future!
    Laura recently posted..What’s Old is New Again | Affordable Decor and Home Improvement Resources in ChicagolandMy Profile

28. Congratulations Melissa! I have been reading your blog for a few years now and can’t wait to buy your book! Or should I say books! All eight! As an aside, I think you should also devote a volume to Jack and Lily, ’cause they’re my favourites! Just sayin’!

29. Amazing!!! Well deserved!! And a ton of work, I’m sure :) So proud for you, Melissa!

30. Yes! Yes! Yes! Melissa I am so excited for you! I’m jumping up and down in my heart! Thank you Lord!

God’s hand is on you (has been…yes!). I love how he takes humble people to speak into the lives of others and thrusts them into the limelight to shine for him.

I’ve had a sense for some time that you’ve been up to something beyond what you’ve shared and I had totally forgotten about the book thing. :) You are a gifted writer, Melissa. I can’t wait to read your book(s)! Eight!! Gosh girl….eight!

Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration in my life. [hugs]
    P.S. I’ll be praying for you and your time, family, church, balance. ;)
    Diane recently posted..Creating a Coastal Vibe with DIY Paintings | Project Inspire{d} Link Party Week 76My Profile

31. WOW. I’m so happy for you.
    I’ll buy all 8 of them!

32. Michelle Holland says:

Sounds like our God! He always thinks bigger than we do! Congratulations!
    Looking forward to reading! Blessings,
    Michelle

33. Lori
    Twitter:
    says:

So very thrilled for you, Melissa. I know your family is proud of you, and we readers are too! I’ve been following you only the last 2 years, but have read every.single.post on your blog. You have a lovely way of communicating, and I love your casual elegant style. I have learned so much from your writings about decorating my own home. This book deal is fantastic, but it will test your commitment to God, to your family, and to Jack and Lily. I will pray that you’ll find balance. Can one of the books be about Jack? lol.

• Thank you Lori, it will be a lot of work and we are definitely doing all we can to guard ourselves throughout. Jack will definitely make his appearances and I wouldn’t be surprised if someday he gets his own agent and starts his own series of books. He has plenty of antics to fill the pages already!
      Melissa recently posted..FallMy Profile

34. Congratulations! I’m nearing my 6th blogging anniversary (Blogiversary?) and I truly admire and respect others who have kept with blogging for so long. I’m in awe of people like you who have made their blogs so successful and inspiring to others.
    Heidi recently posted..Summer SurvivalMy Profile

35. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you that this post actually brought tears to my eyes. I’ve been blogging for about 3 years and while I enjoy the journey there isn’t a week that goes by when I don’t question if I’m on the right path. It’s a dream of mine to publish a book, but I have to be honest right now I’m not sure how I would balance it all. Blogging is very time consuming as it is. I wish you the best and I would buy your book. Could one of those eight books be about finding balance in your daily life? I’d love to know your secret :)
    Dawn recently posted..The Secret to Making Mugs Look NewMy Profile

• Dawn, thank you for your kind words and your heartfelt comment. It is hard, isn’t it? Very hard. I’m learning as I go. Three years in I remember feeling the pressure even more than now, I think it’s definitely a balancing act. I do feel I’ve learned a lot. I’m not perfect at it by any means. But I will for sure be sharing many tips for how I balance my life in this first book as well as even more in subsequent ones. I do hope these books will be helpful to bloggers and women who just need that encouragement both in their home and life in general. xo
      Melissa recently posted..FallMy Profile

36. Okay. You rule.
    We’ve never met, of course, but I felt a little breathless, just now — just being happy for you!
    Can’t wait to see the books!
    Perhaps you could post about some of your favorite décor books!
    KAY recently posted..PORCH POSTS!My Profile

37. MELISSA, I am grinning from ear to ear!! This is fantastic for you and for all of the readers of your books. You make decorating or creating a home doable for anyone. It is a down to earth approach that always keeps family first. Can’t wait to see your newly publish book series. Congratulations!!!!:)
    KATHYSUE recently posted..Some NEW This and That’sMy Profile

38. For some reason I got a bit emotional, reading the great news! I guess it is because I could feel your own emotions through your words. I am so looking for having the first book in my hands! Congratulations!

39. Holy cow, 8 books?! That’s amazing. I can’t even wrap my brain around writing that much while keeping up with the blog, too. I’m impressed and so excited for you. Can’t wait to see them on bookshelves near me! :)
    Julia recently posted..A Victorian Summer Cottage on Kennebunk BeachMy Profile

40. Wow, congrats to you Melissa. Well deserved too. You’ve worked for it.

Just think, I’ll be able to say, “I knew you when”.lol

I’ll definitely buy a copy. Hope you’ll autograph it for me.

Enjoy the adventure ahead. I’ll be following and reading.

41. This is not only unbelievably exciting news, but so very inspiring! Congrats!

42. Melissa, I am joyfully “bustin’ my buttons” for you. I wish you great joy and success with this new endeavor.♥
    Beverly recently posted..Blog Shop #82My Profile

43. Wow! Talk about fulfilling our dreams beyond anything we can ask or think!!! Congratulations!
    Sharon Hines recently posted..drowning in cat pee and $70 Target e-Card GiveawayMy Profile

44. Years ago when my sister first discovered blogs (and PW would get maybe 30 comments on her posts) she noticed that some of them went on to write a book (“a” book as in one). Soon she saw that movies were being made from what began as a blog, then a book, then a movie. Who woulda thought? And now this amazing news from you, Melissa. Big congratulations!!! (BTW, when I saw “huge announcement” I thought you were moving).
    Barbara (WA) recently posted..Snail PaceMy Profile

45. First of all, Happy Blogiversary! I’m happy to say that I’ve enjoyed reading your blog for several of those years now. I love your writing style and taste and I always leave inspired and happy. I can only imagine how great your books (Wow, eight books!) will be. Can’t wait! Congratulations Melissa!
    Jill recently posted..What Season Is YOUR House?My Profile

46. Amazing! Congratulations and blessings to you all. and to think, we knew you when … ;-)

47. Maureen says:

What a thrill it must be for you. Congratulations !!

48. Such fantastic news..and EIGHT books!? Holy Moly!! They’ll be great!
    shelly (cookies and cups) recently posted..Burrito LasagnaMy Profile

49. I only “know” you through your blog… but I’m thrilled for you! So glad you took that leap of faith….congrats!

50. I think my heart might explode for the happiness of it!

For this — I have long prayed.
    I set an alarm on my phone to pray for you, Melissa, and words and books.
    And look what God did!!!

Just — Thank You, Lord! Heart fireworks! ((Melissa))
    Your faithful cheerleader!
    Ann

51. Warmest congratulations! I’m excited for your new adventure and it will be fun to follow your,progress here. One selfish request: please don’t forget about this blog and those of us out here once you are published. Sadly, another similar home decorating blogger has pretty much abandoned her blog readers once her recent book came out. It’s felt like a strange mixture of disloyal and sad on the receiving in. Stay with us!

52. That’s awesome!!! Congratulations! This is my favorite blog by far, so beautifully presented! Can’t wait until I can buy your book!

53. Congrats, that is such exciting news! Can’t wait to get my hands on the first one. I love the title… it nutshells the sweetest sentiment about home. :)

54. Many congratulations and may your work be fruitful! I’m so glad for you!
    Missy Robinson recently posted..The First YearMy Profile

55. Shannon says:

CONGRATULATIONS, Melissa! I’ve read your blog for years and have found it so real and inspiring (helps that your house looks JUST like my BFF’s & we both live in PNW!) Can’t wait to see it next spring.

56. What awesome news – congratulations! THRILLED for you!
    boomama recently posted..The Big Boo Cast, Episode 37My Profile

57. Allyson Snipes says:

I absolutely cannot wait for your book to come out! I love everything about your blog! It has given me so much inspiration in making my home a beautiful, fun place. Thank you for all of your hard work:)

58. maureen d says:

This could not have happened to a more deserving and talented person. I find your authenticity and beautiful writing style to be far superior to other blogs I follow regularly. I am so happy for you and wish you great success . Secretly hoping you stop here to Mi on your book tour to get a signed copy of your book .

59. Amazing news! Congratulations! I wish you all the best on this exciting journey.

60. Jennifer says:

So A W E S O M E!!! Congrats! Can’t wait to by them all!

61. Omggggg, well deserved!!!♡♡♡

62. I am so amazed at how God uses our fishes and loaves. Blessings to you and I know you will continue to look into His eyes. What God calls us to do he will equip, he promises to give us everything for every good work.

63. How amazingly blessed you are! Jeremiah 29.11 revealed for you. Woo-Hoo!
    Susan Shipe recently posted..summer 2014 soireéMy Profile

64. Excited for you as I’ve been a big fan of your blog for quite awhile!! Happy to see great things happen to talented bloggers, such as yourself. You are very inspirational.
    Dana recently posted..Deck Update for Summer – My House! Finally.My Profile

65. Oh sweet Melissa…I’m overjoyed for you! Put me on the pre order list =) We need women like you writing books that can inspire us! When I’m telling you I’m doing the happy dance for you…I’m not lying!
    Happy Happy Day!
    PS…I’ve been waiting for this announcement ;)
    teresa recently posted..Last Post about our Pie ClassMy Profile

66. Wow..that is quite an announcement! Congratulations and I look forward to buying the book next April (now you have two readers–:) Enjoy the process!
    Diane recently posted..Are you ready for hurricane season?My Profile

67. Melissa, congratulations! That’s very exciting, and I look forward to reading all of them!
    Jann from Newton Custom Interiors recently posted..How To Re-Upholster A Chair SeatMy Profile

68. So thrilled for you Melissa!! Congratulations and blessings to you on this new adventure!! And right now we are where you were a year ago…we have signed with an amazing literary agent and just this week put the finishing touches on our proposal. YIKES! It’s exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time…actually right now terrifying trumps exhilarating. LOL! But we believe that God is opening those doors and we give Him all the glory for it! It is so encouraging to watch others on a similar journey!

• Vanessa,

Congrats on your own adventure! How exciting, I’m so happy for you! Yes, what a blessing it is when God opens these doors for us and we muster up the courage to walk through into the unknown. Happy to be walking along side such lovely women on similar journeys!!!
      Melissa recently posted..FallMy Profile

69. Oh my gosh!!! So happy for you!! What amazing news! Congratulations!!
    Brandie recently posted..Family-Friendly Non Alcoholic Cocktails {VIDEO}My Profile

70. Congrats! That is awesome news!
    Shambray recently posted..Kitchen Pantry OrganizationMy Profile

71. Wow! When God has a plan for our lives, there’s no stopping Him! What exciting news. Congratulations!
    Carol J. Garvin recently posted..Book Review — Jane Eyre: Writer’s Digest Annotated Classic, by K.M. WeilandMy Profile

72. To say congratulations doesn’t even begin to cover it. And it’s more than just the sheer delight that you’ve been asked to write eight (EIGHT!!!) books, it’s that you said YES to the whole thing. I do admire your courage and your willingness to say YES. Incredible. And so very encouraging to us, the masses, to be wisely bold in our own lives. So, congratulations and THANK YOU!!!!

73. Congratulations Melissa! It’s amazing – “more than we can ask or think.”
    Lorrie recently posted..Daisy MemoriesMy Profile

74. Congratulations, Melissa! What an incredible and life changing experience. It makes me so happy to see someone making their dreams come true. It is inspiring! Thrilled for you!
    Sharon recently posted..Family Room Update: The Green Wall is Dead! Plus, Furniture and Fireplace ProgressMy Profile

75. Kathie from Ca says:

Congratulations I am sure you will bring Glory to God through your books. Harvest House is one of my favorite publishers. I love their books. I love your blog. I am inspired as I read it not only for decorating ideas but way beyond. May God richly bless you.

76. Kerry Mohondro
    Twitter:
    says:

What? Soooo exciting! Melissa, you will rock this and I for one can’t wait to get my hands on all 8 books! Yay for you!

Kerry

77. Congratulations, Melissa! I found your blog years ago through Nester’s 31 Days. I believe I picked 3 blogs to read, and yours was one of the three. So you are at the very top of my longest-read blogs list.

You deserve everything that is coming to you.

78. Wow! That is so wonderful and exciting. Very happy for you, Melissa! Can’t wait to read them :)
    Carolyn recently posted..Shopping: Franklin, TNMy Profile

79. AWESOME! It was so fun to read your story this morning – so happy for you. What a journey you’ve begun and I am sure it will be a crazy one as you move forward into the unknown! Celebrating with you!
    Susan recently posted..Replacing My Fear with God’s FaithfulnessMy Profile

80. It is wonderful to see this happen to a TRUE veteran of our genre. Congratulations!!!
    Jeannine recently posted..Embroidered Fabric for the Embroidery Studio!My Profile

81. Congratulations! I look forward to reading all 8 of them. Thanks for being such an inspiration!

82. So excited for your 8 books … congratulations!!
    Hilary recently posted..Sweeten Your Summer with Crisps and CobblersMy Profile

83. Hooray! :D
    Kylee recently posted..Minty Watermelon Lime PopsiclesMy Profile

84. Congratulations – a series of 8 is such an amazing blessing for you! Looking forward to the first one and details on the rest. Happy 8th year of blogging : )
    Mindy recently posted..Good intentionsMy Profile

85. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    What awesome news!!!!
    HAVE FUN GIRL!!!

86. So,so very wonderful…So,so very happy for you.I wish you could see my home and how your blog has helped me to love the changes I make and love my home. Thanks so much…

87. As a first a first-time visitor to your blog I am thrilled to drop in a just the right time. Very thrilled for your opportunity.

I am able to coach writers and I tell them all to blog, to blog consistently, and to blog well. Most will never be published like you, but if you do those three you will be fulfilled creatively.

Blessings and congratulations
    David Rupert recently posted..“What were you thinking?” Overcoming the pains of regretMy Profile

88. I have just discovered your blog, and really enjoy it! I’m definitely looking forward to reading your books as well!

89. Oh my gosh, Melissa this is great! I’m so happy got you right now! I’ve been quite a silent reader for a few months now, but I had to congratulate you on this achievement. Your blog is one of my favourites and I really hope I’ll find your books here in Europe as well.

90. Congratulations! I can’t wait to read your books! ~~Ang
    Angela recently posted..Tips & Ideas–Thinking Outside the BoxMy Profile

91. Woo Hoo ! Melissa, way to go you!
    Congratulations. Eeeeehhh. how exciting is this?!
    Hugs, Gee

92. Wonderful! Congratulations. :)

93. Donnamae says:

Congratulations! That hardly seems adequate…eight books! Wow! Again…congratulations! ;)

94. Wow! Can’t wait to read them!
    Alexandra recently posted..Inspiration Series | Amanda Genther, Branding ExtraordinaireMy Profile

95. Congratulations! That is so awesome! I love my tablet and the relationship I have with digital media. But honestly, there is nothing like getting your hands on a book when it comes to design! I’m very excited for you and I am sure your books will be best sellers!

96. Hi Melissa! Congratulations on your upcoming books! I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to purchase a copy! xo
    Lynda recently posted..More peoniesMy Profile

97. So thrilled for you Melissa and the next step on your journey of building your business and team. I enjoy your posts very much. Each blog has it’s own personality and yours I truly feel relaxed and calm – like I’m reading a book – so I’m not surprised at all that a book is in your future. I think it will be a huge success and I wish you the best of it. And I look forward to reading much more from you and maybe even having coffee someday – since I always wish I had coffee while reading your posts (I often do my reading at night).
    Holly recently posted..Framed Photos in Our Living RoomMy Profile

98. So, so happy to read this today. You have shared your heart in ways that we need to hear. Thank you, Melissa! What a great ride this is going to be for you!
    Blessings as you continue this journey.
    Elaine recently posted..After the stormMy Profile

99. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you. I know you’ll do just great with this new adventure!!

100. Pat Selman says:

Congratulations on so many successes . I look forward to your blog every day and have for many years.
    Followed you from house to house and also looked forward to your trips through the cameras eye as you
    checked out many lovely homes in your near and far areas. You have truly been an inspiration as your
    family has grown . Jack was so much fun and now your girls adding to it all . Thank you so very much
    for following your dream. It will be great to see your young son as he grows with the success you and your husband have given all of the children such great examples. It is good to have you in our daily lives.

101. Congratulations Melissa! I am so happy for you. Can’t wait to get my hands on book #1!
    Kimm at Reinvented recently posted..Den Decor: A Fun Gallery WallMy Profile

102. That is so awesome Melissa!!! Congrats and way to go for sticking with your passion and taking a leap! Way to fly. :)
    Rebecca recently posted..Container Gardener Wanna-beMy Profile

103. Wowza and congratulations!!!! I could be more excited for you…..and for us! I have followed you forever (I know….I hardly even comment…sorry)…..but now I can’t wait to read your books. Lot of pretty pictures too please!!!

104. May the force be with you!!

105. Amazing! Congrats Melissa. I can’t wait to buy my copy of your first book.
    Happy writing!
    Nat
    xx
    Nat recently posted..Pretty new crossoverMy Profile

106. Sue Malizia says:

I’ll say this is a huge announcement! You are so creative, Melissa…and so deserving. Yours was the first blog I found I could relate to style-wise and the first one I started following. I’ve noticed the bloggers I really like have such a way with words. I’m sure your book(s) will be very successful. :-)

107. Oh, congratulations! I’m so thrilled for you! :)
    Denise J. Hughes recently posted..A Podcast Interview on Writing with Heather MacFadyenMy Profile

108. Can’t wait! I’m sure it’s a book I will love.
    Kimberly Montgomery recently posted..I’ve Been Busy…My Profile

109. Melissa, that is absolutely AWESOME! Congratulations!
    I cannot wait to begin reading the first book! I have only recently found you in the blog world and you are the first one I open when I receive emails. May God bless you on this fantastic journey, as you will surely bless others with your written words. So happy for you!! :)

110. LOL, congratulations on your 8 book deal! You’re octoauthor. Thanks for the great post (My efriend Nester pointed me over here) it is very timely for me. :) ~ karen
    karen recently posted..Moving Day.The chicks get sent to the big house.My Profile

111. Congrats Melissa,

That is extremely exciting news and well deserved.

Best Wishes,

Penny

112. So proud of you! Congrats on this well-deserved opportunity!!
    Beth recently posted..My Home Story: How We Flipped Our HouseMy Profile

113. Centsational Girl says:

So excited for your new adventure and your bright future as an author! I’ve loved your blog for years and this is a natural expansion of your talent, bravo my friend!
    xo
    Kate

114. What exciting news…EIGHT books!! Congratulations!! :D
    Cheryl recently posted..House-y Inspiration {Nora Murphy Country House}My Profile

115. Congratulations Melissa! You truly are an inspiration! I so enjoy your blogs!

116. Wow! I am genuinely excited and thrilled for you! Seriously, this is some awesome and positive energy coming your way. Woo-Hoo! Melissa, I wish you much continued success and happiness. :D

117. Well! I joined in the readership about three (maybe four) years ago. I loved your style and your attitude. Never once have I felt talked down to, and I have always enjoyed what you have to say. I have also, every once in a while envied your furniture. OK, I own up, it’s that console table on casters which I cannot buy in the UK!!!! But now, I write from over the pond to say Enjoy the ride! It’s going to be fun, a bit worrying sometimes, but I wish you so much enjoyment from your new (ad)venture!

118. Awesome! Put St. Louis on your book signing tour!

119. Congratulations Melissa!! That is such fantastic news.. looking forward to next April when your first of eight books is on the shelves!
    christine mcveigh recently posted..Cheryl and Jane’s 30A Adventure – The Final FrontierMy Profile

120. Taberah Carter says:

For years I’ve resisted the idea of all things blog, that is, until I recently found yours. I’ll save the sentimentality to simply wish you an amazing amount of continued growth and success and a huge, homespun ‘pen to paper, heart to God’ blessing!

121. Jeanette Keath says:

Wonderful news! So excited Harvest House shares your vision and look forward to your books being published! Bravo to you and your family!!!

122. This is awesome news! I’m so happy for you and all God has blessed you with.
    Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy soon!
    Melanie recently posted..3 Simple Ways to Make Him #1My Profile

123. Wow! Congratulations! That is way beyond exciting. I love the Title of your first book and can’t wait for it to be published. I want one! Woohoo! I am so thrilled for you. :oD
    Cecilia
    Cecilia recently posted..Memory Shadow Box MakeoverMy Profile

124. Wow!! What an amazing and overwhelming blessing! :) Can’t wait to hear all about your wonderful works!
    amzech recently posted..Let’s Get Lost Blitz and Giveaway!My Profile

125. Congratulations! Melissa, I am so excited for you! I can’t wait to set each and every book that you write on top of my library table. Congrats again!

126. Congratulations! Good things come to good people!

127. Karen on Bainbridge Island says:

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

128. I am so happy for you and will be purchasing your book in April.

129. Lisa in Seattle says:

I am a long-time lurker but today I am going to say congratulations, and I look forward to buying your books! For me, your most inspirational post was about “destinations in the home.” It really made me think about how I use and move through the spaces in my own house, and the best way to say “thanks” is to support you in your exciting new venture!

130. Ohhhh I’m so very excited to hear this!! I will be purchasing all your books! Love love your blog.

131. Wow.Za.
    krys72599 recently posted..Summer Reading, Had Me a Bla-ast…My Profile

132. Jenifer Chase says:

Amazing. Wonderful. Beautful. Congratulations!

133. Melissa, I’m so excited for you and the doors God has opened for you and your writing. Believe it or not, I just learned about blogging around 2 1/2 years ago. : ) Your blog and Jen from Beauty And Bedlam were the first blogs to which I subscribed. Both of you write and share from your heart which has encouraged me over and over.
    I will be waiting to hear how to order your book(s) and definitely look forward to reading them. Just think, I can say I knew you when…. : )
    Continued blessings!
    ….a California friend!

134. Super huge congratulations! What an amazing opportunity, although if I were you I’d be feeling the exact same trepidation mixed with the excitement. Can’t wait to read your books though! :)
    Lydia recently posted..Why I Always Open Department Store “Junk” MailMy Profile

135. Congratulations! I discovered your beautiful blog about a year ago and now I have to check-in everyday! Your approach and style are both inspirational and refreshingly doable — that’s why I keep coming back. Looking forward to your books :) All the best!!

136. Melissa, this is so exciting! Congratulations!
    Nicole recently posted..Nothing stays the sameMy Profile

137. So proud and happy for you! Amazing news@

138. So so so happy for you! Congratulations and I can’t wait to read it.
    Sharon recently posted..An Artist For God’s GloryMy Profile

139. Congratulations that is fantastic. What a wonderful opportunity.

140. That is amazing! Congratulations!

141. Wow! I just started following your blog this summer. I’m a teacher and I wish I could read 100 more decorating blogs a day, but alas…summer is over. But I get your blogposts emailed to me and I love to read them. It’s like a treat. I LOVE decorating and am saving money to take some decorating/staging classes. So we’ll see what happens with that. Anyway, congratulations on the book. I will buy it when it comes out. Let us know about pre-ordering when you get to that point. Sorry about this very long comment!
    God’s blessings to you!

142. What?? What!!! How on EARTH did I miss this big announcement? Where have I been? (Oh, right…swim meets). I am (belatedly) SO excited for you! This is a huge undertaking that I’m sure you’ll handle very well. Can’t wait to read the first book. We’re all going to be cheering you on.
    <3 Maggie

143. What incredible news! Congratulations!! So inspiring.

144. Wow! I am absolutely THRILLED for you!!! I can’t imagine the feelings when this all came through. Congrats and looking foward to reading them!

145. I’m a blog newbie! I’m so glad I found you! Best wishes with the books. I look forward to them.

146. Such exciting news! I love your blog and your style. Can’t wait to buy the first book.

147. I have just now found your blog. You have inspired me so much! Thank you.