Inspired Holidays {Day 28}:: ‘Tis the Season for Cozy Drinks

by | Oct 28, 2011 | Recipes, Seasonal Decorating & Entertaining | 25 comments

Southern Living

Festive Hot Seasonal Drinks

I shared my recipe for cranberry spiced cider awhile back and I am happy some of you tried it! My husband and I love having our cozy hot drinks when it is cold outside. Another thing we really love is to get the Bailey’s Irish Creme from Costco and make hot drinks with it! YUM!

The photo of the Hot Cider Nog in the new Southern Living caught my eye while I was on the plane to Relevant and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since yesterday, so you know I’m going to be trying it out when I get home.

I don’t know about you, but Hot Cider Nog with a good book by the fire? That sounds like fall and holiday PERFECTION to me!

Find the Hot Cider Nog and other cozy drink recipes at Southern Living!

Three more days of this series! Can I make it until the end? We’ll see!

Now I’m wondering if a hot drink is less expensive in calories than many other choices and more satisfying. It sounds so satisfying.

Definitely trying this! Thanks for the recipes. :)

Hot cider nog? Mmmmm…but I’m afraid the last thing I need is another kind of “nog” drink. I can’t control myself and end up gaining pounds because of egg nog! I think I need to stick to your hot cranberry cider. :)

Okay, seriously, I’m swooning over here looking at the hot cider nog.

Your hot pear/apple cider from a few weeks ago was amazing. (And, leftovers kept well in a pitcher in the fridge. It was good cold, too.) Speaking of cold, the McD’s around here have candy cane, pumpkin pie, and egg nog shakes out already. I’m…oaky with that :)

Off to find some Bailiey’s…

Glad you liked it!!! :-)

Pinning away- =)
    Happy Day- Thanks

That…”leetle bit” of Bailey’s in hot chocolate…my night time ritual through Autumn and Winter! franki

I saw that also and it does look great. We like to have russian tea. I’ll post the recipe for that on my blog. It’s great.

I love hot beverages…my new fav is a rip-off of Starbucks Spiced Apple. Also…enjoyed your e-book!

Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed the ebook!!

MMM…I love Bailey’s Irish Cream in my hot chocolate. Warm drinks are probably one of my favorite things about this season. And your spiced cranberry cider was soooo good!

I’ve loved doing my own 31 days series, but I am so glad it’s almost over. I need a nap, lol.!

Have a super time at Relevant. I so wish I could be there. I asked my husband last night if I can go next year and after I explained it he was like “so it’s like summer camp for Christian Women Bloggers?” LOL.

This sounds intriguing, I would leave out the rum but the thought of this just warms me up!! I love to have fun hot drinks for drop in guest this would be a fun one to whip up!! You always have the best ideas, I bet you are the hostess with the mostest!! Happy Halloween weekend,
    kathysue

Melissa,
    Perfect timing…I’m making at least one of these recipes this weekend. Yay…love fall!
    Karen

Yummy! I definitely will be checking out this recipe. It will pair well with the cookies I posted on my blog today!

No recipes for your Bailey’s drinks?

I don’t really have a recipe, just pour some Bailey’s in hot milk or soy milk! That is all we do! But I’m sure there are fancier recipes than that!

Baileys in hot chocolate for game 7 of the World Series, but I will definitely be trying your Cranberry Spiced Cider! GO RANGERS!! :)

Yum!! I want some, kinda on a diet though. I would totally take the fire and book too. Thanks for sharing.

Mmm, hot cider nog sounds good. I’m a recent tea-addict. I do love my huge Canucks mug full of Irish Breakfast in the morning and Roobis at night. Even through the summer, but I do look forward to curling up on the couch with a blanket and my tea and a book or Netflix. And it’s also almost time for rum and egg nog! …I think this post has made me thirsty :) Love that picture!

That photo of Hot Cider Nog looks soooo good! I went to Southern Living and wrote down the recipe-Thanks! Sometimes I enjoy just a warm cup of milk with honey or a spoonful of sugar…so many recipes, so little time!