6 Take Away Tips: A Beautiful New England Home

by | Mar 30, 2017 | Coastal, Color, Decorating Inspiration, Details, Home Tours | 16 comments

There is just so much to love about this house in New England Home! I could move right in. :)

Here are a few of my favorite elements and takeaways from this home:

1. All the blue and white is so classic and cheery!
  2. The industrial lights. I love how they mixed in some industrial lights which keeps this home feeling casual and kind of beachy–not too stuffy or glamorous.
  3. The patterns. I felt so inspired by the interesting patterns on everything from the fireplace tile to the blue and white accessories to the pillows, rugs and those chairs!
  4. A truly lived in space. Some houses can seem so stuffy that it’s hard to imagine living in them. But not this one! I love all the books in the built-ins and sitting on tables, a cute dog lounging in the entry, the spaces to sit at the island for breakfast and the nice big dining table for gatherings.
  5. Wood tones bring such warmth and texture.
  6. Interesting architectural features. The gray exterior shingles, blue shutters, the fence and arbor, the interior woodwork, built-ins, arches and staircase, oh my!

GET THE LOOK:

Chances of moving into that house are probably pretty slim, but here are some ways to get a similar look right where we are (scroll with the arrows above, or you can see sources below the mood board, too!).

Sources for above: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13

PS. I just discovered that my past few posts have not been going out to email subscribers! If you’re already subscriber and you got an old welcome email, or if you get all the posts at once or a few days late, I’m sorry about all the chaos! :) Ah, technology. If you aren’t subscribed yet, you are probably feeling left out about now. So, why not join us and subscribe now! :)

Photography by Michael Partenio, Architect: Thomas Catalano and Kerri Byrne, Catalano Architects, Interior design: Nancy Serafini, Builder: Les Fey and Will Gorman, Les Fey Millwork, Landscape design: Patricia Dunn, Sabrina Design

I am loving that blue + thinking it’s time to perk up my red + navy interiors with it. Betcha that driveway is paved with crushed clam shells, which is a ‘thing’ in New England.

oh … that blue and yellow in the kitchen livens up the whole scene!

love it.

Love all the blue and white pottery!! I liked the house, but it felt a little too perfect. I wanted to see a half full cup of coffee with a folded up newspaper on the coffee table to let me know real people live here. :)

Thanks for sharing. One of my fave posts from you. Any clue where she got the black coffee table? Love it too!

LLD

Lynne… My friend’s furniture company makes the coffee table and the kitchen stools. They are called O & G Studio and their stuff is amazing.

Oh gasp! This is such a pretty house. It’s even pretty on the outside. Thanks for sharing.

I am with you on this one, could move right in!!

I am loving the indigo color for home decor. It is amazing for spring and summer, brings in beach vibes, but it also works well in the winter with a few more cozy accessories!

What a beautiful house! I’m loving the kitchen with the lighting selection.

I am so glad to hear from you! I hadn’t received your emails for 5 days. I was praying that nothing bad had happened to you or your family. So glad it was only technical difficulties! xx

Thanks for sharing these inspiring photos of this gorgeous New England home! My favorite color scheme is blue & white! And Coastal!

No matter how many homes we have lived in or how I choose to decorate each home. I alway, always come back to the classic of Blue and White deco. I love the freshness of this colour combinations.
    Thank you for these posts.

Love all the blues. I am still poring over your new book which has all my favorite colors in it!