It is time to cozy up that bedroom for fall and winter, girls!
Let’s do a little pre-holiday bedroom nesting.
So I was thinking today about how much I enjoy cozy-ing up the bedrooms this time of year. I just love this time of year, period, but I really love the cozy-ing up part.
I change my son’s sheets to flannel, add our quilt as an extra layer to our bed, and switch extra pillows from our more summery versions to warmer fall & winter pillows. I just love that ritual!
You might not have a fall or winter style bedroom, but I loved that these Better Homes & Gardens inspiration rooms transitioned to fall effortlessly with simple touches.
Here are some great ways to bring a little fall and winter to your home:
- Fall & winter pillows & pillow covers
- Layers of quilts
- Fall & winter duvet covers
- Warm colors and textures for pillow shams
- Match stick blinds (inexpensive & always chic)
- Throw rugs, even if they are small rugs you can put them at the side of your bed for cozy toes!)
- Cozy art or tapestries to walls for added layers of warmth.
- Lamps keep a room from feeling cold and dreary in the winter months.
- Change or embellish lampshades for warmer look.
- Curtains always add so much warmth. Drop cloth or sheets work great for inexpensive alternatives to drapery! Here are a bunch of DIY curtains and ideas.
For more bedroom decorating ideas, check out these bloggers amazing bedrooms!!