Covered Range Hood Ideas: Kitchen Inspiration

by | Jun 23, 2016 | Best of the Best Kitchen Ideas, Decorating Inspiration, Kitchens | 12 comments

Update: my new kitchen with a covered range hood!

If you like to cook, have a gas range or just don’t like to smell food cooking all through the house (raising my hand on #3), you’ll probably love having a quality range hood. When we remodeled our last two kitchens, I installed a new range hood in each. They were definitely game changers in both style and function.

As tedious as it can be, it is important to research all your options before making remodeling decisions. You’ll want to select a ventilation hood that enhances your design, but also one that will offer enough power for your particular range. I found an article at Houzz that might be of help in researching ventilation needs and installation options for your situation. There is definitely a lot to learn and think about! A good contractor can be really helpful, too.

Of course, I think the style is almost as important as the function when you are remodeling a kitchen. And style decisions are definitely more fun. When we bought this house I immediately started gathering and pinning ideas for my kitchen remodel. As I looked at all the possibilities, I found I really loved the look of a covered range hood.

Since I’ve actually never had a covered hood before, it was fun to dream and find inspiration for something new to me. While I haven’t yet decided exactly how my range hood will be designed, these kitchens definitely feature some stunning ideas to inspire!

Best of the Best Kitchen series!

Theme Builder LayoutElle Decor

Black and gold range hood / Domino

Theme Builder LayoutFixer Upper farmhouse kitchen by Chip and Joanna Gaines / HGTV

BHG

Theme Builder LayoutCountry Living (Farmhouse for Four)
 Theme Builder LayoutHouse Beautiful

See more posts in this kitchen design series here!

Related Posts:

6 Tips for a Kitchen You Can Love for a Lifetime

7 Tips for Planning a Kitchen Remodel

Kitchen Remodel Source List (from my previous kitchen)

That gold and black one is my favorite!

LOVE all these. I did a French country style hood but when I see these it’s so hard to stay committed to one style. Thanks for the eye candy!

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the inspiration. All these kitchens feature beautiful (expensive!) ranges- do you think a custom hood would be overkill for your average slide in 4 burner stove top/oven combo? Trying to make decisions for our kitchen… its daunting! Good luck :)

There are some beauties in those photos but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have a covered hood even with a normal stove! I have never had a covered hood before, my last two kitchens had stainless hoods that I thought looked great with my more average range/cooktops. I think the style of the hood should make sense with the style of the range and enhance the kitchen, so probably a less elaborate hood (whether it is covered or not) will look best with a more moderately styled kitchen or range. Thanks :)!

In love the with BHG one

I love these covered hoods! Beautiful, all! I ended up getting a very expensive ( for a microwave) turrbo exhaust fan with 4 settings instead of another covered ( stainless steel)! Oven hood. It was not for the microwave, but for the exhaust put fan from the microwave (?above the stove). It as my husband’s idea because of our open concept kitchen, dining room, living room design. Works great, but I think a covered hood would have been just fine, but the hubby had his hear set on the microwave above the stovetop ( not MY fav) with this ” awesome” exhaust fan. lol. Guess we have to choose our battles…LOL,

I love all the inspiration photos! Our hood is a tiny metal thing attached under a cupboard over our stove. I’ve tried to dream up a way to make it look cute– but I’m not sure it’s possible! Haha! :)

These are some nice ranges and cook tops. I love the one with the calcutta gold. Some great inspiration for kitchens in general. I’ve been seeing more and more of those hoods and places for water.

Stunnin result!

Do you happen to know the size of the white tile above-Fixer Upper farmhouse kitchen by Chip and Joanna Gaines / HGTV? Thank you in advance! Great photos on here as well.