Help Me Design a Dash & Albert Rug!

by | Jun 6, 2017 | blogging, Decorating Inspiration, My Life | 34 comments

Theme Builder Layoutvia my previous remodeled kitchen / striped runner

Hey friends! I have some exciting news. I’ve been selected for an opportunity to be a part of a rug design challenge for Annie Selke of Dash & Albert! I have loved Dash & Albert rugs as long as I can remember, so of course my heart did a flip flop at the chance to design a rug for one of my all time favorite companies.

Me? Design a rug? Is this real life? I couldn’t say yes fast enough.

Theme Builder LayoutGray and White Rug

I’ve actually never designed a product like this before (let alone a rug!). So of course, as soon as I said yes, I got a little nervous! That’s where you come in. Would you come along with me as I enter this challenge? I will need your help to make this happen!

Theme Builder Layoutvia my new remodeled kitchen / Plaid Rug

Here’s what the rug challenge is about:

15 digital influencers within the design and home décor space will be submitting rug designs that are reflective of their personal design aesthetic for a chance to have their rug come to life by Annie and her team.

The designs will be posted on the Annie Selke Instagram page (@AnnieSelke), where the public will cast their vote as to which designs they would like to see made available for purchase.

The 10 designs that receive the most votes between July 6 and July 20 will be entered into production, and then sold online by Dash & Albert, an Annie Selke Company!

Theme Builder LayoutGray and White Rug

EEK! YOU GUYS! I can’t even imagine what it would feel like to see a crazy dream like this come true. My rug design, sold by Dash & Albert? Jack would jump at the chance to be a dog model on a new rug.

So, will you help me do this?!? The other participating design bloggers are AMAZING so I’ll definitely need all the help I can get.

Once the competition gets underway, I’d love your support and votes!

Theme Builder LayoutStriped Runner

I don’t love design competitions (I’m not very competitive naturally), but I’m going to just think of it as a fun opportunity to try something new. After all, in just a few weeks I’m celebrating my official 10th year blogging anniversary! What better time to bust out of my comfort zone and try something I’ve never done before? I’m so excited to design a rug. I’m just glad I don’t have to do this alone, it will be great to have you along for the adventure! :-D

What would your dream rug look like? Let’s dream together!

Be sure to follow @AnnieSelke and The Inspired Room on Instagram so you won’t miss the design process and the chance to vote :)

Below you can see all the wonderful participants. Their rugs will all be gorgeous, so no matter who wins, get ready to be inspired!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Both excited and happy for you and looking forward to seeing your ideas! This opportunity could not have been presented to a more deserving or talented designer — you’ve got this! :)

This is so exciting, Melissa. I will share that I have always wanted a rug with a dot within a grid. Kind of like a windowpane grid with each grid containing a dot. Two tones of neutral color combinations.

You asked. haha

Wow Melissa! What an awesome opportunity for you and a chance for Jack to be “discovered” as a rug model! You have my vote!

Maybe the design should include a repeating image that is the shape of a golden doodle ! :)

Anything with Jack modeling it will win! Good luck, and can’t wait to see the ideas.
    Simple is best, with lines, geometries, and not much busy pattern is appealing to me. I like Beverly’s idea above!

Congratulations on the opportunity! I am in progress of buying a townhome with scraped dark hardwood floors, so I have started looking at rugs to define areas and to bring in a beachy, coastal, nautical esthetic to mix with my Mid-Century vintage pieces and some new furniture. Your new home has been a great inspiration for me. I have been looking at rugs that are made from Sunbrella or similar materials for durability and sustainability with a new neutral pallet of grey, greige, or navy with potentially a subtle pop of color. My accent colors will be coastal colors – turquoise, sea foam green and sand.

Follow up to my comment above, I saw a sisal rug with a band of color fabric that was reminiscent of a lovely blue and white china pattern that nearly made my heart leap for joy. Isn’t it amazing when we find things that remind us of vintage or a memory that come back to us in fresh ways.

Thank you so much Sherry! Congrats on your new home, so happy for you.

Yes, I have that happen, too, and it is amazing how our mind holds onto those little snippets of joy. I love your idea, too!

So cool!! You will have my vote for sure. I am hoping to see Jack as the rug model for sure. :)

Whoo-hoo! What a great opportunity! We’re behind you!

Congratulations!! So exciting!! I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Melissa, what super fun! Just looked through the Dash & Albert catalog online and am swooning over the CRYSTAL SPROUT/IVORY INDOOR/OUTDOOR RUG for somewhere in my home. How great if would be if later I could get the 3 feline furballs their own rug inspired by Jack. Great luck!

That is a beautiful rug! Thank you, I’d love to see a rug I designed in some of my readers homes! That would be fun :).

How exciting! My vote is for a fabulous new twist on a classic herringbone pattern… whatever that means to you! I know whatever you come up with will be gorgeous!

Wow…. this is exciting!!!! Will be following you Melissa. Congrats on being selected to participate!!

Thank you so much, Linda! :) I can’t wait to be a part of this, so thank you for being excited along with me. XOXO

something that looks vintage but holds up like new!

What a great opportunity for you, Melissa! I look forward to seeing your design ideas and weighing in as you’ve requested! 😀

I can hardly wait to see yours. I know it will be wonderful, just like everything you do….you’ll get my vote!!!!!

I’m currently looking for a dining room rug. My room doesn’t get much natural light and I would love a light rug, but I’m scared of stains. I’d love a forgiving pattern, in a lighter color, that would blend easily in my house.

Such a fun opportunity for you! I’d love to see a rug inspired by the beautiful Moroccan/cement tiles that are popular now.

What a phenomenal opportunity! Dash & Albert have such beautiful, classic rugs so what a wonderful chance to be able to add to that collection. Good luck!!

Oh, my goodness, Melissa… some of my favorite bloggers are joining in the fun, too!! I will keep my eyes peeled for your designs… I’m sure they will be amazing!! xo

You have a beautiful home. I can’t wait to steal some of your design ideas for my own home. thanks for sharing.

I am simply burning with envy, I live in a tiny apartment the city and this right here is like my dream house. Also, I am also very fond of pets and would someday love to have a home with this decorated in the manner you have laid out here.