Greetings, friends! It’s been awhile since I’ve shared some of my phone and Instagram pics in a Life Lately post. So today’s the day I will catch up a bit and invite you into our home with some behind the scenes photos.

We had family here over the Thanksgiving holiday so we’ve been totally living life to the full (and loving every minute of the crazy). With our work and projects and family and lots of family pups all gathered under our roof, it’s a little wild around here sometimes.

But savoring that wild and crazy life is what home and holidays are all about.

If there ever was a time of the year to let go of stress and just enjoy the season, it’s this one.

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, if I ever start feeling overwhelmed or Scrooge-like this time of  year, I remind myself to picture Christmas through the eyes of a child. Don’t overthink it. A tree with twinkling lights on the counter may not be practical, but that’s what makes it magical.

My husband makes fun of all my furry blankies in every room, but hey, they make me feel snug and cozy. This is our guest room so we created a little winter retreat for visitors to enjoy.

Theme Builder LayoutKitchen Details

We do a lot of cooking now that we have our fully functioning kitchen! You might remember that last year we didn’t have a kitchen for Thanksgiving, so it was a special time this year.

There’s no where we’d rather be than gathered together in our cozy little home.

We definitely feel blessed to be able to do so much together as a family right here in our home! We work, play, eat and repeat. This is our life and we are grateful for it.

Christmas Houses // Stockings Source // Stool Source

We’re always surrounded by projects in progress! For example, as we were cooking  Thanksgiving dinner we were preparing to pack up these gift boxes for the Dwell Well Collective  (y’all are invited to join us!).

Jack was in his element on Thanksgiving, he loves the activity and commotion of people and pets gathering. He’s very much an extrovert. :)

With friends and family around, there is always a lot of good food!

Goldendoodle Plate (this one may be sold out but hopefully will return soon!)

And of course, we are fans of festive drinks! My sister’s special Spanish coffee has become a tradition. I’ll see if I can get a recipe from her, it was good!

We may have to squeeze in tables, chairs and pups but we always make room for more!

We are grateful for so much, so many blessings and a happy healthy family.

This furry friend is my sister’s dog, Luna. They got to hang out together for a couple of days. Jack and Luna get along great and are good buds.

We had a camera crew here just before Thanksgiving to film videos for my books! I can’t wait to show you once they are complete.

Since our home is also like our studio and our warehouse (haha), rooms sometimes have to change from Christmas to spring or winter all in one day.

It can be a little chaotic at times. Over the years I’ve learned a lot about embracing change and going with the flow.

Speaking of going with the flow, Bella decided this table would make a comfy spot to curl up (on a backpack?!) even though we have a no dogs on the table rule (hahah, apparently I didn’t make that clear enough).

We were just as shocked as you probably are to see here there smiling like she was the most clever dog on the planet. You just never know what might happen when you have dogs. They they bring laughter to our home everyday.

I also have a no TV in the living room rule (well, it’s more of a personal preference), but we set up a TV in our main room over Thanksgiving so our family could play the fun group game I told you about recently (called Drawful on the PS4–you can all play with your phones!).

We pulled up chairs, snuggled up and played for hours! I’m terrible at it, but it’s fun anyway.

All the dogs were exhausted by the end of the day.

But the next day, everyone was up and out for more adventures!

Hope you all are embracing all the simple joys in each season.

You can follow along with all of our Instagrams below:

The Inspired Room // Jack the Goldendoodle // Doodles at Home // Pure & Lovely // Kylee // Courtney

See more of my home here, and sources here.

Hi Melissa! So happy to have found your blog, your home is stunning and love the doggos! I am redesigning a house we just moved into and you are giving me such great ideas! Keep up the great work!

Every picture is so beautiful and inspiring. I love the peace that is represented in your home.

I LOVE every little bit. Thanks for sharing your life in photos, Melissa. Especially Bella on the table. How stinkin’ cute is that adorable pup.
    Your photos are VERY inspiring… Courtney is pretty talented, too. ;)
    And Yes! I always say, “In your neck of the woods.” Heehee
    Happy Christmas Season, my friend!!

This was a fun post to see the behind the scenes look at your home. Thank you for sharing your family with all of us!!
    The dog pics are my fav though 🐶 The Bella pic is super cute. Just when you think they’ve surprised you in every way, then you turn around to find the dog on a backpack, on the table and smiling!!!
    Gotta just smile with her and laugh ❤️
    Looking forward to more Holiday posts!

Oh, I need that plate! Crazy that is the one that is sold out!

I love your site and your books. Thank you for all the beautiful pictures of your house and dogs. I love the tree pillows you have on your guest bed. Can you please post a link to where you purchased them?

I always enjoy seeing the photos of your beautiful rooms, but it was especially fun to see them filled with people and dogs! (The reality beyond the beauty shots, so to speak.) Beautiful AND functional rooms!

Yup….we DO say, “how are things in your neck of the woods…” Why??? Must google…franki

Hi Melissa, thank you for sharing your behind the scenes. I’m interested in your thinking behind the “no TV in the living room” idea – I’m keen to get rid of our TV but having trouble convincing the better half – it feels like it takes up waaaay too much space in our small living room… Many thanks, Gail.

Wonderful post…thank you for sharing. That smiling pup was the highlight!
    Looks like maybe you’ve done some updating/rearranging?? Would love to hear about it!
    Merry Christmas!

Things are quiet in ” my neck of the woods”. Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures of your home. Inspiration abounds!

Loved the behind the scenes tour. It was lovely to see the family all around the table. I always say that those who don’t have doggies are missing out. They are just so much fun and add so much to the family.

This post made me smile! Thanks for sharing! I’ll send you my address so I can join you next time (lol)-it looked like so much fun!

Thank you for sharing your behind the scenes photos of your lovely, cozy home. You’ve proven what I’ve always felt is true…a home is never more beautiful or lovely then when it is “ decorated” with family and friends gathered within. 💕💕💕

Beautiful post Melissa. I always love it when you share your family traditions. 💜 Also the pups looks so happy!