Cozy and Inviting (Get the Look!) is a fun periodic “mini-series” on The Inspired Room!
To get that “cozy and inviting” mood many of us crave for our home, in this series I share a variety of inspiration rooms that feel cozy and inviting to me (for a variety of reasons!). Then I quickly brainstorm a list of whatever elements I see that I think help create that mood. We will also feature items or tips to “get the look” into your own home.
Today’s inspiration rooms are all from a beautiful home I found in New England Home Magazine. It is a traditional look with a bit of a coastal vibe, it feels so cozy and collected! Enjoy the inspiration images below and then you’ll find some design observations and get the look sources below.
Here are some of my observations and notes on what stands out to me about this home. At end of this post you’ll find a design mood board and more pieces I would consider including in the design if I was styling a similar space!
- Rattan accent pieces
- Antique looking dining table and bed
- Soothing paint colors
- Fun pops of green
- Accessories and furniture with a collected look
- Fun patterns used in the window treatments, garden stools, wallpaper, artwork, pillows and furniture
- Warm wood in every photo
- Unique accent lighting
- Twisted taper candles
- Natural rugs with subtle patterns
- Books (I have a fun post full of rooms decorated with books here)
- Interesting details on furniture and accessories like fringe, tassels, trim
- Fun pattern lampshades (gingham, scalloped woven, pleated with pattern)
- Landscape paintings and chinoiserie botanical artwork
- Decorating with collections (blue and white pottery, books, baskets, the green cabbage dishes, books etc)
- Inviting seating areas (window seat, plenty of dining seating, conversation area in living room)
- Lively plants and flowers
See more photos of this home here: New England Home Magazine
Mood board sources (click links below):
More similar sources below (click thumbnails for details):
You can find other posts in the Cozy & Inviting Get the Look series below!