1. Hang a pinecone garland around a door.

Theme Builder LayoutSimilar Taper CandlesSimilar Silver Twig Candleholders

2. Find unique candle holders and snazzy candles to jazz up your mantel.

3. Make DIY placecards with small vases and sprigs of greenery for your table.

Find more placecard ideas and sources here!

4. Add fur blankets to warm up chilly corners.

5. Add vintage winter charm with an old sled or ice skates (we found ours at a flea market or second hand store).

6. Tie twine and a bit of evergreen to make a stack of old books feel festive.

7. Put tiny trees in metal buckets.

Easy DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes (video tutorial here!)

8. Create a winter scene on a shelf.

Theme Builder LayoutCopper Lantern

9. Hang wreaths in doubles for twice the impact.

10. Fill a mason jar with jingle bells.

11. Hang a boxwood wreath with a pretty ribbon on a mirror.

12. Spell out your favorite holiday word with cardboard letters.

Theme Builder LayoutDIY Bottle Lamp // Dipped Stool // Gather Together Pillow // Linen Settee

13. Create a cozy spot for Christmas Eve snuggling.

similar wood tablet recipe holder

14. Dress up the kitchen sink with festive towels, wreaths and small trees.

similar wood bowl

15. Use a wooden bowl to create a charming centerpiece filled with ornaments, greenery and a mason jar candle filled with epsom salts.

Related:

My Favorite Christmas Decor, Ornaments, Garland and more

Shop My House: Furniture, Accessories, Lighting and more

My Gift Guides: Gifts for Everyone!

Simple Whimsical Christmas Decor Inspiration

Cozy Natural Christmas Decor Inspiration

25 Ideas for Christmas Decorating and Crafting

Use What You Have: Winter Centerpiece and Family Game Nights

38 DIY Garlands

Beautiful ideas. I love all of the greenery — my favorite part about decorating during this season!

The candles on the mantle would be so easy to do with a cheap pair of candles and some washi tape or decorative tape. Loved all of the ideas and the simplicity of them.

Love all the simple, natural elements…so beautiful.
    P.S. Your book is on my Christmas list :)

I love that your ideas are not just for Christmas but can be carried through the winter season. so cozy, warm and inviting.

Very inspiring! Now I’m ready to make something cute and Christmasy!

I like to wrap wall pictures like presents, with wrapping paper and tied with a ribbon, and hang them back on the wall. I have lots of wall art around the house, so I just choose key pieces to wrap to insert a festive look. I had a large artwork over the fireplace mantel that I wrapped with paper and ribbon, and then on top of it I hung a wreath with wide glittery ribbon. Decorating the mantel with holiday candles and greenery, it was very much a focal point of the room.

can you tell me where that cute alarm clock is from?

Love these ideas!

Yes! I am also interested in where you purchased the alarm clock. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

It came from a little second hand store, sorry I don’t know more :)! You are welcome, thanks for stopping by!

Target quite often has similar reproductions.

Beautiful ideas! I think I will try the pine cone garland today!

Enjoyed reading about your holiday decorating! New to your blog, looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for sharing so many beautiful and simple Christmas decorating ideas! I love your book and I’m crossing my fingers that you are planning another book soon – The Inspired Room Simple Ideas for Holiday Decorating!!

Hi Melissa, I have had a hard time finding mini or small boxwood wreaths like you showed on the mirror. Please let me know where I might find them. Thank You, Janet
    PS anticipation for your reveals are exciting! ???

I really wish I could do something like the cute little wreaths and small trees above the kitchen sink. Unfortunately, my kitchen sink does not face a window… it faces a wall into the living room, and I love the pass-through window in the wall. But my cats are always knocking off anything I put on that little ledge, so they can jump through and get to the kitchen. Instead of, you know, walking in through the hall and not knocking my unique and expensive glass decor into the sink. I’ve got the itch to decorate though, and I really want to find something I can put there!