How are you doing, friends? We are doing well here, making the most of this situation! It will take some time to find a new rhythm, that’s for sure. I’ve been an online entrepreneur working from home forever, so being home every day is a fairly normal way of life for me. But these circumstances are anything but normal. It will take some getting used to!
Right now it helps to be doing normal things. Focusing on simple joys, making lists of activities we have always said we wanted to do and trying to get settled into some new routines. Making our home feel as healthy, cozy and comforting as possible is something positive we can do for ourselves and our family. It makes a difference.
Here are a few things we’ve been doing at home:
- Planning my garden. I can’t think of anything that sounds more therapeutic right now than being out among plants!
- Organizing areas around the house that we’ve been meaning to get to. With four of us living here again, we are figuring out what works for us.
- Doing puzzles with my husband for date nights. This cozy retreat puzzle is the one we are starting now!
- Going on family walks with the dogs in quiet uncrowded nearby neighborhoods.
- Sipping tea. I am working on being a tea person. We have been liking this Chamomile, Vanilla and Manuka Honey tea, blueberry chamomile tea from Whole Foods, and this Vanilla Maple Jade matcha (so good with Oatly oat milk!).
- Curling up by the fire wrapped up in my new blanket (it’s more of a pretty taupe color in real life than it looks online).
- Looking at inspiration in decor books and dreaming up projects for my house. Here are a few coffee table books I love: A Place to Call Home, Beautiful, and One Man’s Folly.
- Reading books I’ve been meaning to dive into! What are you reading lately? My mom gave me a book about Heaven that I’ve been really enjoying. If you need some book ideas…I have written a few you can find here!
- Cooking creative comfort meals. We set up a “baked potato bar” for family dinner a few nights this month and that was fun! I’ve been pinning some gluten-free and dairy-free recipe ideas to this Pinterest board! Staying home has definitely caused me to think more about the benefit of meal planning, since running to a restaurant is no longer an option.
- Ordering groceries and household supplies online. I love ordering household supplies online for convenience but now it’s a must for all the things. I’m ordering groceries mostly from Whole Foods/Amazon Fresh (although items go out of stock regularly so getting everything I need hasn’t been easy). We have ordered our supplements and household products from Young Living for over four years. Now more than ever the need to stay well is critical!
- Diffusers going all over the house with favorite blends (I just ordered the newest model of the wood + glass diffuser I love, it has the new candle flicker feature/power button and longer run time, so excited!)
- Listening to music (see my two newest playlists below).
Here is the uplifting music I’ve been listening to around the house:
This song in particular has been a go-to, very fitting for the season: Rest In You by All Sons and Daughters.
Here is my ‘Uplift’ playlist of Christian worship songs I’ve been listening to.
Here is my ‘Happy Homebody’ Playlist.
Sources for the graphic above:
- Tassel Pillow
- A Place to Call Home book
- Blue and White Rug
- Faux Mohair Striped Throw Blanket
- Blue and White Mug
- Chamomile Vanilla + Manuka Honey Tea
- Echo Dot
- Candle Flickering Diffuser ($25 off right now or a free Healthy Home Bundle with purchase)
- Flickering Copper Fairy Lights with Remote
- Cookbook Stand
- Cozy Retreat Puzzle
- Furry Slippers
What does life look like at your house right now?
PS…Thank you for joining my new free group The HomeBody Gathering Place! I’m excited for how we can use this as a positive and inspiring space to gather! If you to want to share photos of your home or share your love of home decor with others, be sure to join The Inspired Room Community!