Hey friends! Well, I didn’t do an official Christmas tour or get this post out before Christmas. I thought I might get to it, but alas, I didn’t quite make that happen. Yet, we had a wonderful and relaxed holiday with our family! And that’s what matters most!

Just focusing on being present made the past few days so memorable.

I made lots of good food (including gluten-free and vegan Sweet Potato and Kale Enchiladas, yum!).

The cousins and grandpa played board games (this one and this one).

Our lil’ family watched home movies from when our kids were little.

We went to a Christmas Eve church service and drove through Candy Cane Lane in Seattle to see festive Christmas lights.

We all curled up on our sectional downstairs and watched the Christopher Robin movie! It was the sweetest, we just loved it. Jack loved it, too.

We still have family here, so we will be spending a little more time being present and hanging out for the next couple of days. But tomorrow I’ll be back here to show you a super simple change in our home that made me happy! And I cannot wait to hop back into sharing more about my new book, sharing my plans and house goals for this year, and some other things I’ve had on my list to talk about at the start of the year!

Enjoy these peeks at our family Christmas, and I’ll see you tomorrow, friends!

Sisal Rug / Similar Chandelier

Chevron Cabinet / Ceiling Lights: Barn Light Electric

Chandelier / Curtains / Similar Mirrors one, two, three / Window Shutters

Kitchen Sources and Details / Mug Rack

Oat Milk Lattes

Leo (follow Leo and our other pups here on Instagram!)

My kids, Courtney, Kylee and Luke (plus Jack, Leo, Bella, and Lily hiding back there!)

Rug / Sofa (details) / Stool / Mirror / Fireplace Paint Details

Pillows

Sofa (details)

Rug One / Rug Two / Chair: Ballard Designs

Rattan Daybed (or similar)

Lamp / Similar Houses

Rattan Mirror / Bench: Ballard Designs

Diffuser Details / Kitchen Sources and Details / Paper Snowflakes: World Market

Lily…ha!

Bella started casually walking on the windowsill…we don’t know why :)

“Sleigh All Day”Theme Builder LayoutTheme Builder Layout

Find all sources in my shop here

Take my house tour here

Find books by The Inspired Room here

Follow along with The Inspired Room on Instagram

Follow the dogs on Instagram on Jack’s and Doodles at Home

Beautiful, fun family photos! Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

Thank you, Linda. It’s been a lovely holiday so far, thank you for stopping by to visit! Happy new year!

Melissa,
    Your pictures are so wonderful with the dogs looking so at home everywhere. Makes me smile.
    Love your Christmas look. Thanks!!!

I love the way you’ve made your small house work for your family – and I’m sure it hasn’t been easy with two large dogs as well. You are an inspiration to those of us also living casually in a small house and pets that are family. Your photos are so real and fun.

I’m so glad, thank you Pat! I love to share our home and life through photos. It’s a cozy casual house and we are very comfy, content and happy with it! Thank you for coming by to visit with us here 💗.

Your home is beautiful. Too bad no time to decorate for Christmas but looks very wintery. All the best for The New Year.

Thank you! We do decorate pretty simply for holidays but we still it feels quite festive to us! ❤️

Your home is delightful ,warm and inviting. The fur babies are making themselves at home. I love it. Happy New Year.

I just want to pet and play with your dogs.

I love your home — the rugs, the dogs, the kids and the view out your kitchen window! Truly a house full of love. It doesn’t matter that you didn’t get everything done. You spent time with your family — and that’s the most important thing!

Wow wow and wow,🍒🍒you have a fabulous home,just looking trough your photos here with your gardens. Stunning.your have beautifull taste in decor,love your family cosy photos and your dogs are adorable.🎀Happy New Year from Ireland.🍀🍀🍀

Happy New Year, Debbie!! Thank you so very much for your kind words! Waving at you all the way to Ireland.

You are such an inspiration with making your home such a beautiful sancutary!!! I can relate to your posts so well as I am in introvert of christian faith too who loves to nest….Thank you so much for all you do.
    P.S. Love your books! Happy New Year!!

Oh, goodness, thank you so much! I appreciate your comment and it’s nice to have kindred spirits to share my home with! Happy New Year!