Style Tips: Live A Beautiful Life

Ideal Home July 2005

Country Homes & Interiors February 2005

Country Homes July 2006

Homes & Gardens January 2005

Country Homes & Interiors March 2005

Homes & Gardens November 2005

STYLE TIP: LIVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE.

It bears repeating.

Style Tips” is a regular feature on The Inspired Room where I share a few ideas on how to create your own authentic style.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Gorgeous! I love the lived in and loved feel of all these photos. Looks like REAL spaces that real people can live in.

2. Alison Gibbs says:

Melissa there are some great looking rooms in this post.
    Love the storage in the 2nd bedroom pic.
    Alison

3. Marie Louise says:

Melissa, this is my first visit to your blog. I’ve checked out your house AND you beach house – just beautiful! What ocean are we looking at? Looks like the Pacific but got a feeling you are on the east coast. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Hope you had a good Mother’s Day. I’ll be checking back to your fabulous blog!

4. Vee~A Haven for Vee says:

Amen! I love that entry hall. It’s so welcoming, attractive, and functional.

5. I’m trying, I’m trying Melissa!

I’m still stuck on that outdoor fireplace you featured in the previous post. I’ve saved in it my “retirement home must-have’s” file.

Keep up the good work. Maybe someday you can feature my home….which will contain many of your suggestions!

- Suzanne, the Farmer’s Wife

6. They are beautiful images! It’s coming up to report writing time here and the weather has turned cooler. The golden yellow and red Autumn leaves are falling and leaving behind skeletal Winter trees. It’s weather for snuggling on the couch and staying in bed late. Oh, if only I didn’t have to work. I’ll have to focus on living my beautiful life in the busy-ness of it all!

7. melissa lewis - off the wall
    Twitter:
    says:

I love the wooden walls in the first pictures. All of these rooms are so pretty and still so inviting and cozy. I see that first picture and I just want to crawl in the bed with pj’s on and a good book in tow.

Loving these:)

8. I would love to have one of these rooms! And your outdoor rooms are beautiful too!!
    Have a great Monday!
    Michelle

9. There is something about a room filled with sunshine that makes my heart happy.

10. Happy day everyone! Noticing when rooms are filled with sunshine, everyday things that are pretty, really living life and finding beauty in the experiences, living on purpose, savoring the moments…THOSE are some of the things that make life beautiful! These pictures all made me happy today for one reason or another. Enjoy your day! Big hugs to all…. {hugs}

11. This is one of my favorite posts from your blog so far!! I love the mix of vintage and new…great examples!

12. Yummm… Love all those nearly-all-white interiors. But never been able to try it. Since my husband loves natural and stained wood. He goes along with everything else, I want. But it ‘hurts’ him, to think of painting wood white. -sigh-

Oh well, he goes along with everything else, as I said. So I can’t really complain much. :-))))

Mari-Nanci

13. The pictures on your blog are always so beautiful – I love looking at them. I especially like the sunshine coming in on all of these pictures.

14. I love white rooms with bright accents. You always have the most gorgeous pics on your blog!

15. Love the feel of all these rooms–the second image from the bottom is really lovely.

16. The Brits sure know how to make a space feel like home. You could just walk in, plop down and enjoy.

Janet

17. What lovely pictures. I love the 4th, 5th, and 6th especially. Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

18. All these rooms are gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

19. I love to see beautiful entry-ways like this. I’m amazed that you know exactly where to find all these wonderful pictures. It’s always so inspiring to pop in here.

Have a great week!

20. My favorite is the next to the last. I just love the look they pulled together.

You’re so good to us. I hope you know how much we appreciate you.

21. As always, gorgeous photos! I just love the kitchen, it feels like it would smell like fresh baked bread, apple cobbler or chocolate chip cookies!

22. Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s day!
    Those are some gorgeous rooms! My fave two are the one with the pictures mounted on the chair rail…wonderful idea for those of us who live with 108+ year old plaster walls…and the colors of the one after that…the little window seat.Beautiful living indeed.
    XO

23. Good evening, Melissa. I enjoyed each and everyone of these spaces. They are indeed beautiful and very livable!

Pat

24. Good evening Melissa,

Each of these spaces is beautiful and very livable! Lovely post.

Pat

25. You always choose the best photos for your blog!

Thanks as always for the inspiration…

26. apriloverall says:

Don’t you just love magazines? They’re so inspiring. I love your blog!

27. Very pretty rooms – so bright and lovely.

28. The little puppy in the picture is MY favorite!!! ;)

29. Stop on over, I’m having a giveaway.
    Hugs,
    Rose

30. These rooms are amazingly lovely and simple.
    Jen R

31. gorgeous! each one is so calm and relaxing…like a house at the beach. >sigh<

32. wow, wow,wow! sigh! gasp!
    Did you have ME in mind when you picked the photos? I love them ! Thank you!!!

33. As a decorator in Australia, I really love looking at what is being done in the States. Your photos are always full of ideas. Thanks

34. Oh Melissa! Food for my heart! These photos express exactly what I was trying to say on my last post about Veranda Magazine – that is, what the houses in this month’s issue do NOT show – personality and soul in the rooms in which we live! thank you thank you – now this is design I love!! Ann

35. What beautiful sun filled rooms! I love that kitchen!
    Hugs,
    Cathie

36. Sweet Cottage Dreams says:

Pardon me while I wipe the drool off of my chin! These rooms are delicious! Love the natural light that floods in through the windows. Gorgeous!

xo
    Becky

PS: I see a little Winston, too!!

37. Awww. I could simply live in all these rooms.

38. Christi from Charm & Grace says:

Catching up on posts, but …. oh. my. goodness. those are beautiful rooms. Now when I am looking through a magazine, I tear out the pages I know I want to keep in my files. I can see I will have to start a computer file as well.

Blessings,
    Christi

39. Oh mIss melissa these are beautiful – what a lovely collection – you certainly have a great eye – tho I’d expect that tho as style coach extrordinaire:-)

40. Today I sat with a dear friend enjoying coffee & conversation on their lovely window seat. The winter sun streamed through the window glass warming us & it was blissful. How amazing to visit your Blog today and see such a similar seat in the photo 6 – the world truly is a wonderful place!

41. I love the first bedroom, beautiful site!

Best,
    Pennie

Pennies last blog post..PS…a Picture and a Purse

42. Angie Ng says:

Its really beautiful. I always dream of having a home like this in the future. Its really lovely….

43. nice design, nice house, nice doggie =)

1ds inspiring blog post..God Loves You, Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, and Always

44. nice design, nice house, nice doggie =)

1ds inspiring blog post..Tips to Overcome Today’s Crisis