Holiday Decorating: <br>Using What You’ve Got

by | Nov 26, 2008 | Christmas, Christmas Decorating, Holiday DIY, Seasonal Decorating & Entertaining | 35 comments

I thought this was such a clever wreath alternative (found at Country Living)! And easy? You can beat it! Do you guys laugh behind my back at all the simple ideas I find? So many of you are brilliantly creative, I stand in awe of your genius. Me? I would be pleased with myself for stuffing greenery in my shopping tote and hanging it from a nail. My kind of craftiness!

You can find more re-purposing ideas for holiday decorating over at HomeGoods for my last featured blogging post! Come bid me farewell and maybe get inspired for your holiday decorating this weekend!

• Need a last minute centerpiece? Find inspiration at Blissfully Domestic!
  • DaySpring has launched a new personalized holiday card website and is offering The Inspired Room readers 50% off through December 1 with a minimum 50 card order! Code is STAFF50 Check it out!
  • You can still get 25% off your order at DaySpring.com...MWDS25 is the coupon code!

This is a goog idea !
    I very often “what I have” to create my decoration, especially wonderful trees from my mom’s garden !

Have a good day Melissa !

Valerie from Belgium

Valerie @ Leonetlolas inspiring blog post..NOEL 2008 (Part 3) : la décoration de la table

No laughing here…just a smile at the very homeyness of that bag. It won’t work on my house but as you say, we see other homes, rooms and have inspiration or just plain enjoyment.

Maureens inspiring blog post..Amazing Free Images

Necessity is the mother of invention! All the mums I was planning for centerpieces tomorrow succumbed to the cold snap! So, I’m moving the potted herbs from the windowsill to the table for the day! Using what you have can lead to the simplest, but prettiest, arrangements!

I love your ideas.

Jinxs inspiring blog post..A "Charming" Addition to the Table

Laugh?! Pishaw! I think it is a grand idea…perfect!! Use what you got…good to live by!

Linda@Lime in the Coconuts inspiring blog post..Shaken…not stirred

I love that idea, poor dental students need all the inspirations we can get! I am now trying to think if my white with green handles tote would look as cute! Not to mention I am kinda a Tote-aholic!

chantels inspiring blog post..Cute tutorials I am in love with! (Great gift ideas)

Oh I love all your ideas. I read your blog everyday.

How totally fun- love that idea- I think you idea are fabulous- If it weren’t for “re-purposing” my house would be practically empty-
    I brought back a very cute woven pink tote from France that would look so darn cute using your idea- {Only with spring flowers} I can’t believe I’m thinking about spring- silly-
    Happy Thanksgiving.

I’m in awe of your creativity. Great Job!

too bad my tote bags didn’t look that nice though! lol

Amydeannes inspiring blog post..WFW – death

Melissa, I have loved your involvement with HomeGoods and was sad to see it ending. However, it is great to know we can always find you here! You are so busy, I love noticing that so many of your posts go up at 1:30 am. What I love about your posts is that they have such a unique style. I can tell it is yours by the first picture you post. I don’t know what your secret is to posting your photos but it is fabulous. Another thing I really enjoy are your endless ideas. Love all the tips and re-purposing!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the states! :-D
    And thanks as always to each of you for your encouragement. You are the best! {HUGS}

Now I would have never thought to use a tote to decorate with!!

Melissa, wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving Day!! Enjoy!!

xoxo
    Becky

I love simplicity – now why didn’t I make my Thanksgiving meal more simple so I wouldn’t have SO much work to do today and tomorrow?! :)

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, Melissa!

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolatess inspiring blog post..Works-For-Me Wednesday: Take Your Own Family Portrait

I love that idea! I’m going to adapt what I have around the house and garden to decorate inexpensively. Thanks for sharing!

Liz@VioletPosys inspiring blog post..Present Wrapping Ideas

No laughing here…I LOVE that idea! Wreaths, etc. can get very pricey. I need inspiration for ways to decorate with what I have! Thanks for sharing. Hugs…Anita

Anitas inspiring blog post..I love being able to share good things….

That’s just the kind of thing I love, too. Easy and charming!

Vees inspiring blog post..A New Winner

I love to stop by and visit your blog. And invariably, I find some inspiration and ideas. I also wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Debbies inspiring blog post..Weight Loss Perspective

I’m all about use what you have decorating. We buy too many one use things . I am running outside to cut some evergreen branches right now,(in the dark!)

Kathys inspiring blog post..Portable Studio

Hi Melissa,
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    Sandy

Sandys inspiring blog post..

Those are just the kind of ideas I am looking for!

(Probably wouldn’t have the same effect with palm fronds though :( )

I love these simple ideas from Country Living! Thanks for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elizabeths inspiring blog post..Giving My Thanks

I LOVE your simple, easy ideas. I want to see all of them! The Nester’s stuff is pretty doable, but yours are even easier. Off to find a festive tote and some greenery.

aubreys inspiring blog post..A Day in the Life of Mr Destructo

I really like this idea. Different but very cute! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I love that idea…looks great. Nothing says Christmas like greenery to me!

Diane@A Picture is worth….s inspiring blog post..Happy Thanksgiving to You!

May you be surrounded by those you love.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stay tuned for Friday Freebie!

Laura Ingalls Gunns inspiring blog post..Happy Thanksgiving!

…wishing you a blessed and happy thanksgiving…hugs, rebecca

I am trying hard to use what I have also. These are such difficult times for so many. Though we are not suffering much, I feel the obligation to learn to be more frugal and use my imagination instead of my pocketbook!
    Brenda

Brenda Kulas inspiring blog post..Solitude And Thanks

Oh my gosh I love it. Thanks for the super great picture. Happy Thanksgiving!

LuLus inspiring blog post..Moment of Reflection

Hello,
    I am very grateful for my beautiful children, a roof over my head and God never ending love for
    AMEN