Fall Nesting Tips: #12

by | Oct 4, 2009 | Decorating Inspiration, Fall Decorating | 31 comments

Create a warm focal point for cool Fall nights! You can create the mood even if you do not have a fireplace. Group candles together in an old metal pot to rev up the ambience! Add some twinkling lights for extra sparkle.

If you have small children and are worried about the flames, the new battery operated candles work quite well to give you the look of a real candle.

Scour antique stores or flea markets or Craigslist for old mantles to use as a focal point in any room. I know I am thinking about getting for one for my bedroom!

photo inspiration: My Home Ideas

I love my gas fireplace, but this sort of makes me wish I had one that I could put candles in. I love this warm, cozy idea. Hope you’re having a great Sunday!
    pk @ room remix
    .-= pk´s last blog ..Fall Decorating with the Daisykin =-.

Seriously consider an electric fireplace. Today’s models are vastly superior to the tacky ones from the past. They are very realistic looking, some have blowers for added heat, and there is a wide variety of mantles available.

WOW. I LOVE that photo! Everything from the wide, painted floor boards, to the stitching on that floor cushion, to the color of the painted paneling around the fireplace…..and don’t even get me started on that chair….GORGEOUS!

Layla
    .-= Layla´s last blog ..Reading Room Rarities =-.

I adore everything about this photo! I feel so cozy just looking at it! Thanks for all the super tips. I am totally going to try them out!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..Phoebe Howard =-.

I love the idea. I have a fireplace that isn’t functional as well so it’s great to see creative ways to use it. Thanks!

What a gorgeous setting! Cool but warm at the same time.
    .-= Marsha´s last blog ..A Pumpkin Patch =-.

I’ve been following along with your nesting ideas, you’ve inspired me to get going on some projects. Thank-you for the great ideas, and have an awesome week!

I adore my real wood burning rock faced fireplace, but I’ll admit, some days it seems abit too much hassle to actually light it. I’m going to be looking for some scrumptious candles. Great inspiration!

Donna
    .-= Funky Junk Interiors´s last blog ..Quirky decorating =-.

Gorgeous ideas! You made me inspired to look for a mantel for my apartment, even though that is very unrealistic – it sounds so pretty, though!
    .-= Sarah @ In A Dream´s last blog ..I’m Moving On Up! =-.

i want to curl up there right now…well, as long as i’m somewhere cold. no need for a fire here in 90 degree florida.
    .-= Emily@remodelingthislife´s last blog ..Halloween Candle Jar =-.

Awesome! I love a wood burning fireplace, too! And now we are using a wood burning stove, so we actually don’t get to see the charming flames in the fireplace anymore…but it FEELS so warm and SMELLS so charming! =-D

I think the antique mantel idea is a fab one. Several years ago, I acquired one of those from a good friend’s mother – who frequents estate sales and got it very, very cheap. It is now installed in our girls’ room and I am thinking about doing something creative with the “fireplace” part of it. We shall see~! ;-)
    .-= Amber´s last blog ..Gotsa Lotsa Corn Husks? =-.

That photo makes me not mind that it’s in the 30s at night…I’d love to have a cozy area like that. Love it. :)
    .-= Roeshel´s last blog ..Fall Festival – Week #5 =-.

THIS WILL BE THE FIRST WINTER IN YEARS THAT WE DON’T HAVE “FIRE” GOING IN OUR HOUSE. I’M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BECAUSE I’VE REALIZED THAT IS WHY I ENJOY THE MAINE WINTERS SO MUCH. IM ALL COZY INSIDE!

I WILL HAVE TO TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

HUGS FROM MAINE
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..WE STILL LOVE JESUS! =-.

We dont have a fireplace but I have always wanted one and I have always wanted to put some candles in them like this. Lovely.
    .-= Beach Vintage´s last blog ..Happy Monday & Coastal Living =-.

Hi Melissa!
    I am new kind of new to your blog. I’ve visited a few times but have never left a comment (I don’t think). I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy you style and tips. You always have “do-able decor” and your photography is great. I started blogging about 1 year ago although I find myself so pressed for time that I don’t always post everyday. I really like the look and feel of your site. Very clean and streamlined.
    I love the tips for Fall Nesting! Hope to see more :-) It’s really nice to meet you. Have a blessed day!
    Warmly,
    Alisa
    .-= Alisa´s last blog .. =-.

yes I’m loving those blues right now! Def will be putting some of that in my new home.
    .-= Annie@A View On Design´s last blog .."Figtree House" Waterfront, NSW =-.

Love the candles in the fireplace. I should try something like this since fireplaces don’t come in handy until December here in the south. :)
    .-= Kristen @ Beautifully Imperfect´s last blog ..A Little Fall Nesting =-.

Great ideas! I love the candles and the cool pillow. It sure doesn’t have to be difficult to create great atmosphere!
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..Back to School Pictures =-.

So love it- I’m going to do this in the Hamlet- because the fireplace doesn’t work in that home- thanks for another fabulous idea.
    Happy Day
    .-= teresa´s last blog ..Owls, train, conference & crafts- =-.

love these colors – soft soothing – gives me peace….Jennifer

jennsthreegraces@blogspot

Beautiful soothing site – one of my favorite color schemes – brings me peace. Jennifer

I wish this was my house! Love how the cool blue contrasts with the warm faux fire place – makes it seem warmer!
    .-= Sonya´s last blog ..Custom Photo Enlargements =-.

What a great idea! Even an Hawaii-dwelling gal such as myself can get the inspired-feel of fall by doing this! Awesome!
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Survey says…. =-.

Oooooh…I love that cozy floor pillow. I want to be by THAT fire on THAT floor pillow…sipping THAT tea! I need to find that pillow!

Yup, I can do this. And I will sometime today. We need a bit of pizazz around here. Thanks!