Good-bye Swine, Hello Tobacco Leaf.

by | Mar 18, 2010 | Decorating Inspiration, Details | 45 comments

Good-bye, Swine.

Hello, Tobacco Leaf.

Oh, how beautiful you are.

Thank you, Martha.

Too light. Too bright. Too icy. Too dark. Too lime. Too icky. Too mint.

38 samples from other paint lines,  and I think I am finally in love.

If so, we’ve got 2500 square feet of swine to, um, slaughter?

We’ll be back.

Paint: Martha Stewart Tobacco Leaf, Home Depot

Wow! A great ending to a looooong journey! Beautiful!
    .-= Connie´s last blog ..AMAZING!! =-.

A great colour and one I would certainly go for.

Oh yes I have lots of Swine to get rid of.. :-(
    .-= anne´s last blog ..More photos of Port Isaac…. =-.

can’t wait to see it!

I love the colour! I can just imagine it as the background to flashes of rusty red at Christmas time. It’s one of my favourite contrasts. Power to your painting arm!
    .-= janice | Sharing the Journey´s last blog ..Mothering Sunday – Why We All Need One =-.

Morning Melissa!
    So glad you are able to finally paint. I know you are probably doing the happy dance as you are rolling that paint roller.
    I know how you feel. We bought a house years ago that had pepto bismol pink in the master bedroom. It was awful.
    .-= Cheryl´s last blog ..It’s GIVEAWAT time again…. =-.

Can’t wait to see it, Melissa! Isn’t it a great feeling when you find the paint color you know is “it”!

it’s beautiful!!! i’m so glad martha’s paints are back…i jumped through hoops trying to have her old Everyday Green matched..

nanne

Hi Nanne! We just came from Home Depot… looking for martha Stewart’s Everyday Green! I am in a panick because her paint names have changed… Do you still have the info from when you had it matched? We had it in our last house and can’t imagine living without it!

thanks!
      Ronda

Can’t wait to see it!!! I love Martha! Good Luck! You need to host another procrastinator party there are things I need to get done around here too!

I want a play by play of how it is to work with! Coverage? Consistency? Splatter? I’m so excited by the colors I’m seeing online, I just hope the consistency is good, too.
    .-= Jeannine @ Small and Chic´s last blog ..The Big Reveal, Day 1 (The Living Room) =-.

We are in the process of re-doing our bathroom! How fun. I will be back to see the “after”….

2500 square feet of swine. That’s a lot of slaughtering to do. Hope the killing goes well!
    .-= Richella´s last blog ..English teacher =-.

What a great name for a paint color. We actually grew tobacco leaves last year and I was surprised at how pretty they actually were! Tobacco. Who knew? Have fun painting!
    .-= Ashley´s last blog ..Mead and Mud =-.

I love the new Martha colors! I also love that she has a coordinating accent color and ceiling color on the back. That Martha is such a smartie!

Post lots and lots of after pics! I am excited to see how it turns out! =-D

I love the color! Can’t wait to see the end result!
    .-= Laura @ PARING DOWN´s last blog ..Paring Down Old Photos =-.

I love the new color!

Ahh!!! She’s at your Home Depot? Mine don’t have her yet (believe me, I’ve been checking (12 times) er…once a week :).

Love that color. Can’t wait to see it on the walls!
    .-= AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage´s last blog ..A Few of My Favorite Greens =-.

Melissa, you make me laugh! Just got done painting with “Gossamer Blue” in my daughter’s room. Fortunately, it was already partially painted with that color, so I didn’t have to go through the process of finding a color she liked. She was getting what she already had! We were doing a simple “re-do” of a color she was ready to move on from. :o) Happy painting!

I have got to go check out her line of paints! Thanks for sharing, can’t wait to see the “new” look!

I’m going to be the lone voice of dissent.

Tobacco leaf?!

That is the colour the interior of my house was when I bought it. It wasn’t paint. It was tobacco/marijuana residue and it was on everything.
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Window Decor =-.

Believe me I stopped in my tracks when I saw the color name, but guess what it is BEAUTIFUL!

I have it on my wall and it is really pretty. I have purposely not told people the name. :o)

I saw Marthas stuff at HD and I am actually really excited to get painting! The hubby…not so much… Good for you sticking it out and not settling!
    .-= Molly´s last blog ..Photos of Claire =-.

Oh how I hate “fleshy” colored paints. I’m so glad you recognize your swinish walls and are taking care of business!!!!!!!! I don’t know Tobacco Leaf… but everyone else in blogworld loves it! We will stay tuned to see the after pics!
    .-= The Magic Brush´s last blog ..When life hands you lemons…. =-.

OHH… it is *pretty*. I can’t wait to see the finished area with it! Makes me want to paint… almost! ;)

~Jennifer
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..winner has chosen… but wait… =-.

Thirty-eight? Oh this is exactly why painting scares me to death. Can’t wait to see what it looks like in the end, if this is the end!
    .-= Vee´s last blog ..I Won a Tassel! =-.

Oooh, how fun! What a pretty color, I know you’re excited to see those swine walls go bye-bye!! :) Can’t wait to see the finished walls!
    Blessings,
    Stacey
    .-= Stacey @ The Blessed Nest´s last blog ..Decorating to EnLIVEn Your Home! =-.

By far the best blog post I have seen in a long while! Love the color!

Looking good. I am loving Prarie Dust by Porter Paint. I don’t use Porter but I color match it. It is lovely!

Can’t wait to see the final outcome.
    .-= Melanie´s last blog ..Today =-.

Very exciting, Melissa! It’s going to feel like a totally different space! I love the color you chose.
    .-= Emily@remodelingthislife´s last blog ..Painting Ikea Step Stools =-.

Melissa,

I am so happy for you!!!! What a relief to finally have the right color and to be rid of swine!!! At least in one room. Even more impressive is that you and your hubby agree on the color. Cool beans!!!

Hope you love the outcome!!!
    .-= Mary Joy @ Life Moments´s last blog ..A beautiful yet humbling experience—picking up our wedding bands =-.

I just painted my bedroom in Martha Stewart Rainwater and did my bathroom in Spring Melt. They are the most beautiful, soothing colors and look great with my all white bed (Yay, finally!). Besides her gorgeous colors, I thought the paint quality was great!

Ok So I have tried EVERYTHING including Diana Vreeland Red in my Brooklyn Apartment — then I went to Home Depot and found the Martha Stewart Color Deck — picked Tobacco Leaf and it looks AMAZING! My things look beautiful with it!

AHHHHH!!!!!! SO happy!

I must admit, the first time I saw this color in the store (I bought some oops paint). My smell memory awoke. If the paint had been Cinnamon Roll I might have smelled Cinnamon, but alas my smell memory smelled well, smoke.
    It took me looking at the color for a moment and realizing it was a beautiful color.

Cheryl

I am in desperate need of the formula for Martha Stewart’s ‘Tobacco Leaf’ color. Damaged wall in breakfast nook where it is painted Tobacco leaf. How would I go about getting the formular? I know they are on cards, but home depot doesn’t carry it anymore. Desperate!!!!
    Mary