Theme Builder LayoutBHG

It is time to cozy up that bedroom for fall and winter, girls!

Let’s do a little pre-holiday bedroom nesting.

Theme Builder LayoutBHG

So I was thinking today about how much I enjoy cozy-ing up the bedrooms this time of year. I just love this time of year, period, but I really love the cozy-ing up part.

I change my son’s sheets to flannel, add our quilt as an extra layer to our bed, and switch extra pillows from our more summery versions to warmer fall & winter pillows. I just love that ritual!

Theme Builder LayoutBHG

You might not have a fall or winter style bedroom, but I loved that these Better Homes & Gardens inspiration rooms transitioned to fall effortlessly with simple touches.

Here are some great ways to bring a little fall and winter to your home:

• Fall & winter pillows & pillow covers
  • Layers of quilts
  • Fall & winter duvet covers
  • Warm colors and textures for pillow shams
  • Match stick blinds (inexpensive & always chic)
  • Throw rugs, even if they are small rugs you can put them at the side of your bed for cozy toes!)
  • Cozy art or tapestries to walls for added layers of warmth.
  • Lamps keep a room from feeling cold and dreary in the winter months.
  • Change or embellish lampshades for warmer look.
  • Curtains always add so much warmth. Drop cloth or sheets work great for inexpensive alternatives to drapery! Here are a bunch of DIY curtains and ideas.

For more bedroom decorating ideas, check out these bloggers amazing bedrooms!!

Theme Builder LayoutBHG

Sometimes, I change the photos on our BR walls so that they are more germane to the season. That being said, I still have summer flower pictures hanging near our bed…

Your suggestions are “Autumn rituals” for me. Guess it’s that “nesting” thing….again… franki

Melissa,
    I just sent my hubby a pic of drop-cloth curtains. I think they might be perfect for us.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yay, hope you find something that works for you!

I change out our complete bedrrom set: the comforter, dust ruffle, pillows etc. Also put a blanket back on the bed and a throw too! I ahve pale colors in the Spring/Summer and then a red and gold set for the Fall/Winter. XO, Pinky

I love my beachy summer looking bedroom. It is so relaxing, but not fall cozy. I think I will have to head back to Goodwill for some decorating on the cheap!

Melissa,
    I love this time of year too. I love flannel sheets and snuggling under the quilt and blankets on a cool evening.
    Happy fall.
    Karen

I love the light colors in the pics, especially the lavender and taupe room. We live in the pacific north west, so I love to lighten the rooms up in the fall/winter when there is less sun. I am a firm believer that pale and pastels can be just a cosy and calming.

I love the pastels colors and the white also, for light in the room, and zen ambiance, i like also sweden style, it is a little the same.