Cool Online Paint Color Tool

by | Jan 4, 2013 | Decorating Inspiration, Paint Colors | 17 comments

Online paint color tool

My Colortopia just launched a cool new online paint color tool called Color My Room. You can upload your own photos or use from one of their room photos, and then have fun trying out new Glidden paint colors in the room right from your computer screen! I love stuff like this!

Don’t be alarmed when you see my face pop up in the tool recommending you try new colors. Haha. I write for My Colortopia, so that explains why my face is there.

I played around with the tool myself, using one of their kitchen photos. You can select your paint options first, then click next step, and then it gives you the opportunity to define the areas you want to paint with those blue lines, and then fill in the areas you want to paint.

It was fun to see how the various paint colors transformed the vibe of the kitchen!

I even tried a little color on the ceiling! How fun is that?

Somebody stop me.

I’m addicted.

Ok. I’m done.

A wee bit cheaper and easier than painting and repainting a room with real paint, no?

So there you go. Give the Color My Room tool a try! It’s fun!

I was sponsored by Glidden® paint for this post but the thoughts and opinions are my own.

Oh my Lord I’ve got to check that out ASAP! I have only painted 2 rooms in our entire house and am currently on the hunt. I’ve got colors in mind but this tool should really help! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Melissa! Can’t wait to give it a try. It does look like it could be addictive.

Thanks so much for this new to me paint tool….can’t wait to give it a try.

I LOVE this !! Thanks so much for sharing. I may do nothing else for the rest of the day…

This is excellent! I just took the color quiz with my six-year old son and ‘painted’ a to get ideas for his bedroom. This cut out a LOT of time trying to narrow down some ideas since he typically wants everything he sees. I love this and will definitely use it this year!

Thanks for telling us about this. I have been playing with it this morning. I was trying to decide if I wanted to go darker in my living room and now I do because I saw it on the wall!!! Love it!!!

I’m super excited about this post. We are purchasing a new home and doing a remodel in the first year. I can see this helping me a lot!!! thanks.

Great idea this tool! Paint testers are becoming much more expensive and you never get a realistic idea of the final result. Thanks for the article!

wow that’s incredible! I wish this was available a few years ago when I had my painting company :) I’ll certainly try to use this for our model homes though!

That is so cool! I can’t wait to pop over there and try it myself. Thanks for the tip.

I will seriously spend too much time looking to see what every darn room in my home will look like now.. Bad girl..

I love this. I’ve been trying to decide what colour to paint my dinning room, so this is awesome.

Great idea to see how colors look and it’s funny, I like the dark/light contrast the most.

I have almost zero ability to visualize something in my head, I have to SEE it. A tool like this works great for me!

Wow! I love how the different colors change the whole feel of the room! What a great tool!