No-Stress Family Meals Over the Holidays

by | Dec 28, 2016 | Decorating Inspiration, My Life, Our Holidays | 12 comments

This post is in partnership with UberEATS! Get $10 off your first order, see details below.

Greetings! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. We sure did! We actually got to use our kitchen for the very first time on Christmas day. We were so excited, but it was a crazy week leading up to it.

Besides all the busyness that always seems to come in the final week before Christmas (last minute gift wrapping, anyone?), we literally had like eight contractors in our house and the house was a wreck (see all the contractors roaming around our dining room that day?). A contractor was installing our two new exterior doors right up until 4PM on Christmas Eve, so we could have a cozy Christmas morning in our kitchen.

We had so many people working in our house and it was SO COLD outside, so we decided to stay in and order dinner to be delivered one afternoon. We’ve used Uber for conveniently getting around Seattle now and then, but had never tried UberEATS. We had a credit to our account so we ordered up a feast.

Have you heard of UberEATS? It’s really easy to use. We just pulled up the UberEATS app on our cell phone and it showed us all the local restaurants. There were tons to choose from! After we picked one of our favorite restaurants, we were able to see the full menu and place our order. You pay with your card right from your phone so it’s super efficient. We got a confirmation of when to expect the food to arrive and could track the expected delivery time from our phone. Before we knew it, the meal was at our door!

The food was hot and delicious. Best part was we were able to sit down in our living room as a family and just enjoy time together. No prep, no cooking on our electric skillet in the basement :). UberEATS is like having your own personal delivery person who will drive over and pick up your food while you stay comfy in your own home. I think it took only about 33 minutes from the time we placed the order to the time we were sitting down to eat it.

We were already planning lots of holiday meals so our refrigerators were full. What a treat to have dinner simply brought to us at such a busy time and no mess to clean up! We’ll definitely be utilizing UberEATS again, even this week when mama gets tired of being in the kitchen :). You could even use this service to deliver a meal to someone else; perhaps bless a new mom or someone recovering from surgery with a meal.

Theme Builder LayoutPolka dot pillow source

You’ve probably had a busy holiday season, too, so let UberEATS take care of dinner one night this week and give yourself the night off. The first 50 readers to use the code INSPIRED10 on UberEATS will get $10 off your first order! Plus there’s free delivery on any order over $50 during the month of December, so try it out.

UberEATS is truly a dream service for a busy family around the holidays or anytime you have a lot going on. Have you tried it yet?

Sounds wonderful! Wish my tiny town had something like that! I can only hope for a drive through window at Krogers, LOL! Happy New Year!

very fun and will try it on a busy day in my house too.

I love the idea of gifting a meal to a new mom or someone who is recovering from surgery or an injury. I have heard of Uber but not UberEats so thanks for sharing this great info.
    Also, I was wondering where you got the rug in your family room. I love the color and texture and we are in the market for a new area rug and would love something similar.
    Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year and am looking forward to seeing what your blog has in store for your readers.

That’s such a great idea!!! Can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks for this info!! Never heard of it before, but I’ll be looking into it! Pssst…can’t wait to see your new kitchen reveal! ❤❤❤❤

Thank you, Jo Jo! They are just finishing up some last details and trim work, I can’t wait to share! Pssst….You’ll love UberEATS!!!

I love this idea! I am totally going to check it out! Did you get a new rug?! I love it!! ❤️ I hope you share its details during your big reveal post!! 🎉

love love love!
    ps. where is your grey coffee table from? i have been searching for a VERY LONG time for a new one!
    thanks much!

Hi Melissa,
    One of my best girlfriends put me on to your blog knowing I was starting one of my own. I love your blog! I have a whole different look doing Industrial Farm but I love some of your concepts and conversations. So fun.
    I will be a follower and look forward to becoming a Inspired Room aholic..
    All the Best for 2017
    Oise Bailey

Nothing like this in the Swiss Alps, but as my son is a new denizen of your city, this MamaBird might just have a decent meal or two delivered to him since he’s now so far from the Nest. Thank you for the inspiration.