This year I’m not in the mood to make house goals.
I said it. Boom.
I’m not being a scrooge. And I’m not anti-goals, I’m just feeling more like I want to be more spontaneous with projects. I think when it comes to my house and my projects, that is how I roll any way.
Is that bad?
I have dreams of stuff I’d like to do around the house, of course, but I just can’t make them “goals” this year because they will depend on time and/or money and I never can be sure I’ll have enough of either! Wah wah wah…
Often times my home projects happen out of spontaneous inspiration or unexpected opportunities anyway, and not because I planned on them.
So, yeah, I kind of feel like going with the flow this year and just see what happens! I like to be inspired to work on projects more than I like to map things out in advance, and sometimes it is just too hard to plan those inspired moments.
I’m weird like that sometimes.
I guess I like the idea of Home Dreams over Home Goals right now. Dreams are kind of like goals, but with wings. You might catch them, you might not. Either way, it is fun.
So let’s just dream for a moment of the things I’d like to do:
1. Rip out carpet in our living room, dining room, family room, bedroom and hall. If that project is possible financially, it would be my dream to have them all over for continuity and for ease of upkeep. Not only because I’m just not into carpet, but it has become a necessity due to this unfortunate incident (yes, we still hide the paint with a seagrass rug) and from having a puppy in the house.
2. More new lighting to replace builder’s lights around the house. I actually have two more lights to install like the one in the image above! I adore them and will show where I used those lights once they are all up.
3. A new fence for our backyard for Jack so he can take his energy outside. Eh hem. However, the side benefit of wearing his cone of shame this week is it has slowed down his ability for destruction tremendously. Did you ever see that cartoon about the dog all excited about going to the vet to get tutored? Yeah. That is exactly how Jack feels.
4. An office makeover, which I’ve been talking about forever and WILL DO one way or another in the next few months. It must happen. It will happen. OK, that is a goal. Not a dream.
5. Paint my bedroom and maybe do a little bedroom makeover. Like putting up real blinds or curtains instead of towels at the windows. WHAT? I still have windows without blinds. True story.
6. Repaint my family room. Yes, I just painted it a couple of years ago. But, while I love the color it is already showing signs of age AND, it flows into the kitchen which is not yet painted. So, I may change my mind on the color once I get to the kitchen. Which brings me to #7.
7. A kitchen makeover. I miss my old kitchen (you can see it via that link) and I’m ready to dream up a new one. I want new counters, back splash, sink, faucet, appliances and paint and even perhaps reconfigure my cabinets. Details. But, reality is, it might be overkill for this year. Or not. I can dream. I will be remembering all the details I dreamed up for my old kitchen, while wanting to give my new one its own unique personality. Right now I’ve started my dream on my Kitchen Pinterest Board.
So, let’s see how things go in 2012 and if any of my dreams come to be. Or if I create new dreams. We’ll see.
If not, I’ll keep plugging away at repainting the swine walls — which was a goal from last year that we made a lot of progress on but is still not complete.
I’ve got a paint color post coming up as soon about why I choose the paint colors I do at this house and my old house, and we’ll check in on how far the painting has come and some other fun stuff.
OK. How about you? If you did a 2012 Home Goal Post you can let us see it by leaving a comment with the link! Or, just tell us about your Home Dreams in the comments.
Also if you’d like you can link up a post to Nester’s home goal party which is happening sometime Wednesday!