Outdoor String Lights {Gather}

by | Jun 30, 2015 | Decorating Inspiration, Gardens & Outdoor Rooms, Gather | 10 comments

Style by Emily HendersonTheme Builder Layout

I love string lights year round, but outdoor string lights at dusk in the summer just makes me especially happy! They add such a pretty festive glow to a backyard or patio on a late summer evening, don’t you think? Many times when I’m in search of string lights for an upcoming event, the local stores I go to have only one strand left or the color or style I don’t want. To save a little time, I looked around online for string light sources so I’ll have better luck in finding them next time when I need them (FYI, I also found a great set of industrial lights recently at Costco!).

So just in case you too are looking for string lights this summer, here are some online sources for a variety of string light styles (and some outdoor inspiration), below! Enjoy.

Amazon

Amazon

West Elm

Anthropologie

World Market

Pottery Barn

Theme Builder LayoutTerrain

Amazon

Lights for All Occasions

Do you use outdoor string lights at your house?

Related Posts:

Exterior Lighting: Charming Outdoor Lanterns

How to Add Personality to a Small Outdoor Space (my guide on eBay)

7 Tips for Creating a Peaceful Outdoor Retreat

I do use outdoor lighting and I peek out at it from dusk until I go to bed because it also makes me so happy. I’m using solar lights right now. I have string lights from target that work really well and I have solar Chinese lanterns that I found at Christmas tree shop for under five dollars. These are amazing!! They come in all colors, are polyester not paper and glow all night long. I love the white ones and I bought them as gifts. They look so pretty hanging in trees.

Impeccable timing, Melissa! I always love reading your blog, but I have been on the lookout for some charming vintage-feeling string lights for my little side porch and the metal caged lantern ones from Amazon are just perfect! Plus, love that price! :)

Also, I’ve been reading your book and it has given me so much inspiration in my own home and life. I’ve been talking my husband’s ear off. ;)

We do use outdoor lights around our gazebo and deck, but the squirrels have eaten through the wires this year.

Just bought the Pottery Barn lights with tin shade earlier this summer and have them out on our patio. They look so cute and provide just the right amount of light to enjoy the deck on hot Texas nights -chilled wine or a cold beer in hand, of course!

The outdoor string lights give a fairytale look to any outdoor space.I live in an apartment and my balcony garden has string lights.Loved your book Melissa! You are an inspiration.

I love my outdoor string lights. However when we were putting them up, we broke a lightbulb. When we returned to the store where we bought them (Home Depot ), we learned there were not any replacement light bulbs because they were considered a seasonal item. So FYI, look for replacements for the bulbs, fortunately Home Depot exchange a new set for the set.

We just bought the heavy dark cord hanging lights from costco (like the ones in 3rd picture) we love them. Nothing better than soft over head lighting outside. Have a wonderful day