Happy Monday! This morning as I woke up with my window wide open, I felt that slight crispness in the air that tells me my beloved Fall season is on its way. Hooray! And with fall in the Northwest, comes rain (which we need!), mud (that we don’t like) backpacks (back to school!) and boots (for moms!). YAY FOR BOOTS FOR MOMS! (Are you as unreasonably excited about boot season as I am?)

So every fall, my dream has been to have a mudroom. A real room or hall, with hooks, shelves, cabinets and cubbies and designated places for all things muddy. :) So today, because I am still without my own home at the moment, I will dream of the ultimate mudrooms. Soon, I will have another home of my own. And maybe there will be a mudroom. But until then, I will dream.

By the way, if you are a subscriber to my blog and you have a Comcast email address, you may not have seen a post since June. WHA? There was a glitch and 1,000 of your emails bounced so no more were sent. I’ve missed you! We are now aware of the problem and hope that as of today, you are all back to receiving emails and in the loop again. If not, please let me know?

If you are wondering why we are homeless, you might want to catch up here (scroll to the bottom to start from the beginning!).

Thank you. I’ll be back with a house update this week!

See 10 more beautiful mudrooms here!

Beautiful! I saw mums for sale yesterday, + I’ve already binge-ate some Affy Tapples!

Should that be binge-eaten? ;-)

Beautiful and so practical! I wish I had a mudroom!

What beautiful mudrooms you found Melissa! Thanks for putting them all together:). Pinning these great ideas. I can’t wait to hear where you will live:). I hope you had a fun weekend, take care, Tara

Love the photos of the mudrooms. Gave me some good ideas to try and use.
    I too adore Fall and can hardly wait for it to arrive.

I would rephrase that to say you are “in between homes.” You are certainly not homeless and I think a homeless woman would love to be in your shoes right now. Love your site ?but poor choice of words this time. ?

I certainly agree. Poor choice of words and insensitive.

Good call, I know many women would love to have a roof over their head and I’m well aware that my circumstances of being without a home or in between homes right now do not compare to what many go through. It is not my intention to be insensitive to anyone in a less unfortunate circumstances. I’ll change the wording in case there is any doubt. Thank you Suzy.

Me thinks you shall have a mudroom as sweet, and sunny, and spacious as the pictured – soon?!

I heart mudrooms!!! We just renovated a house and turned an itty-bitty back hallway with too many doors into a “mudroom.” I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures!!

I share your desire for a mudroom, we just moved into a house with no entryway or mudroom. I miss having a mudroom so badly! These pictures really helped inspire my current situation. Thanks!

Lovely photos! Once again, it seems that you have read my mind, Melissa. I will finally have the chance to have a real mudroom in our new/old house. There is a good size room off the garage will two walls of southeast facing windows, lots of great light. This room will be a mudroom/ book-nook/home/office. Thanks for the inspiration!

These are beautiful rooms, and I love that you are gearing up for talking about Fall! Your blog is my most favorite to read during the Fall and Winter months. It has been for years. I’m hoping the house hunt is going well!