Inspiration from the Street of Dreams

by | Sep 19, 2016 | Decorating Inspiration, Home Tours | 11 comments

Hello, friend! Happy Monday to you. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I spent most of the past few days working on the final details of planning my kitchen remodel, so we can get things rolling in the next week or two (yay!). We also did a few little house projects that made me REALLY happy, so I’ll have some house updates for you soon. I love it when little projects can bring so much happiness. :)

Today I wanted to share some more images from my visit to the 2016 Street of Dreams in Portland. I posted my favorite house from the tour already (if you didn’t see it, you must…it’s a coastal farmhouse style house and I just love it). In today’s post you’ll find inspiration from more than one of the other houses on the tour, so I hope you enjoy all the details and ideas.

You can see the Street of Dreams website here for more information.

If you missed it, check out my Coastal Farmhouse Style Street of Dreams Tour!

My decorating guides on eBay:

The 5 Rules for Selecting Paint Colors

5 Ways to Make a Style Statement in Your Home

Though I love the architectural features and design, where’s the color? I have to have color! Still not understanding the backward book look. How can you find your book with the titles hidden?

I suppose they keep the show homes decor neutral so the potential new owners can envision them with their own design preferences? Yes, I too like to read my book titles :).

I feel the same way about backwards books only much stronger….when I see that I stop looking at anything else…form follows function is always a rule I follow…and it just screams “we don’t read”….love your column and enjoy it daily.

Thanks, Susan. I actually didn’t even notice the books (too distracted looking at the architecture, I guess!) but I know what you mean. We like to see the titles and enjoy the additional color in our room!

the mostly white circle seating and table off the kitchen counter, don’t mean to be a parade rain’r on’r — but can you imagine? a decorating rule of mine: no pillows or fabric within 2 yards of kitchen spills crumbs and doodads, lol.
    but of course, a girl can always dream, and these pictures are as dreamy as ever.

I totally took pictures of those folding down laundry racks from this house! This house was awesome too! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Do you have any idea if the laundry room drying rack was custom made? Looking for something just like that!

I am also looking to find laundry room drying racks like the ones pictured.

I am also interested in information about the drying rack. Can you tell us where you purchased, or if it was custom made? Thank you!

Wonderful photos from the Street of Dreams. Can you tell me which house has the stunning staircase? I’m trying to find more photos of the staircase you featured, as I want to replicate the wrought ironwork for our own staircase. Thank you for the great content!

I too would like to know if the drying racks were custom built or purchased