Hi friends! It’s Courtney (Melissa’s daughter) here today to share a fun behind the scenes peek of my wedding planning with you, as well as our wedding mood board!
If you are new here or just catching up, my fiancé and I got engaged a few months ago at the end of October (you can read our engagement story and see photos HERE–it was the sweetest surprise proposal on the beach, with my family and friends there to witness!). We are getting married this upcoming July!
After we got engaged, we jumped right into planning all the things right off the bat. We secured some of the key elements quickly like the date, venue, photographer and catering (weddings are being booked out so far in advance these days!), my wedding dress, his suit, etc. Now that those big decisions are out of the way, we’ve been starting to brainstorm more of the fun little details!
I’ve been pinning wedding ideas to my Pinterest boards for years, but once I got engaged I made private boards where I could pin to my heart’s content ALL the ideas now that I was actually planning. I thought it would be fun to create a “wedding mood board” in Photoshop as a visual of the overall vibe I imagine our wedding having.
Similar to my love for many home decor styles, I appreciate many different wedding styles and elements. Making a mood board helped me pare down some of my ideas to what I actually wanted to incorporate in our own wedding. It’s like when you’re planning a kitchen remodel and need to choose your cabinet color, and you realize you’ve pinned every cabinet color imaginable and you love them all for different reasons…but you have to choose, ha! That was me while making my wedding mood board. Okay, so I like ALL of these bouquets…..but which style do I see myself holding on my wedding day?! It was a fun process. These images aren’t exactly what we’ll do and all are subject to change, but it definitely helped me pare down my ideas, imagine the feeling of the day, and get an overall vision to go off of!
Here’s our wedding mood board:
A few wedding details (+ answers to questions frequently asked):
- Venue – We chose a truly magical place in Washington for our venue! Part of the wedding will be in a beautiful garden with charming old buildings, surrounded by lots of pretty flowers and plants. The ceremony will be in cool barn-like building with patio space outdoors. The venue is all so naturally beautiful and picturesque as is (which helps us feel less worried about decor!), and it’s a very versatile space we can use however we need.
- Theme – No specific theme, but we do picture it having a “garden party” feeling!
- Casual/Formal? – Not so fancy/glamorous that everyone is wearing slick tuxedos and sequin ball gowns and we’re eating filet mignon salmon dinners on the finest of China imported from France and a string quartet is playing. ;) Ha! But also not like, Dad BBQ-ing out on the lawn in an apron and we’re all wearing ripped jeans. You know? Somewhere in the middle. How’s that for a description! Ultimately…a magical, cozy, charming, and fun party!
- Food – We are having a local taco food truck cater our reception dinner! This will be such a fun and memorable element at the reception–and will be delicious!
- Size – We plan on having about 120 people attend. That feels just right for us!
Other little details:
- Candlelight and string lights are a must for magical vibes!
- I’m loving all things botanicals and pressed flowers lately (+ they suit our garden wedding) so they will be making an appearance in several little wedding details.
- We definitely want to incorporate personal/sentimental elements (like having our guests write us ‘messages in a bottle’ at the reception–since I was proposed to with a message in a bottle! Read the whole proposal story here).
- Color scheme — No specific color scheme! My bridesmaids will wear muted pink dresses, so that’s one color we’ve decided on. Our venue is full of colorful flowers and plants (that’s one of the big reasons we loved it!), so I’m sure we’ll incorporate a variety of colors in our decor along with neutrals.
That’s all I have to share for now! I’ll be sure to do more blog posts along the way with more wedding details and inspiration…maybe even some tips for planning! I’ve also been sharing bits of wedding planning and sneak peeks on my Instagram stories (I save them to highlights, too). Feel free to come follow along, and message me there anytime if you have questions or certain posts you’d like to see!
We are so excited to officially begin our lives together, and celebrating that together with our loved ones at our wedding this summer will be so special. Thank you for following along!