Theme Builder LayoutEpsom Salt Candles – via BHG

Winter Decorating

I know I’ve showed similar Epsom Salt Candles before, but these are too cute not to share again! Epsom Salt Candles are a timely and fun project even the kids will enjoy! You could leave them out all winter long (the candles, not the kids)!

I love to use what I already have around the house to decorate. Having simple things on hand allows me to put centerpieces and quick decor together even right before guests arrive! That makes the procrastinator in me very happy!

Some of my decorating staples include mason jars and Epsom salts, candles, and things like fruit (real or faux), pine cones, sticks, leaves, rocks and moss.

Today’s ideas are perfect for what I usually have on hand!

Theme Builder LayoutBHG – Mason Jar Floating Candles

Floating candles in mason jars? Yes, please. These are adorable.

Theme Builder LayoutBHG – Natural Centerpiece

How much do I adore this? This neat basket arrangement of natural items would be awesome from Fall through spring and beyond.

Of course, my easy wreath centerpiece could also easily be adapted to whatever you have on hand in any season!

Hope you are enjoying the remaining days before Christmas!

Oh how I love beautiful and easy ideas like this! That last one I could do this very minute! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

the Salt candles are fabulous. I’m always looking for pretty and simple centerpieces- thanks
    Merry Christmas

These are really adorable. I love the cranberry mason jar one it’s so fresh and bright. And the last one, wow! It reminds me of that pretty little garden you had in the box in the summer time. Thanks for sharing!

I thought of that similarity too, that is probably why I liked this one so much! :-)

Thanks for the ideas! I am going to use the floating candle idea for my big feast of the seven fishes dinner!

Melissa,
    I love the mason jar with the floating candle, cranberries and greenery. That is such a cute idea. The epsom salt candles are wonderful too.
    Karen

I love the tablescape with the birds and candles, it is so cute!

So cute.
    And, your own Epsom salt snow candles in mason jars make the perfect “toss it together” centerpieces, too!

love these ideas…..especially the first one…the blue container in the background kind of makes it.

I’m really enjoying popping over and seeing your blog room tours and your christmas ideas page…..thanks for having those handy!

Loved this post. There’s a lot to be said about just using what you have to decorate for the holidays. I did a post on last minute things you can do to decorate outdoors for the holidays. The media has us thinking we have to jump up and go buy something new. The reality is by just moving stuff, adding a little holiday something and switching things around in the rooms makes a big difference. Merry Christmas!

Well, you are just super talented girl! Cuz I don’t know that my centerpieces could ever look that good.

dee :)

Love the ideas you have here…Looks really fantastic!!

I love the mason jar floating candle. It goes perfectly in our home. I love your ideas! They are easy to recreate and help make a house a home. Merry Christmas!

i love using what’s on hand, it’s kind of a challenge to see what you can come up with! merry christmas! susan

I always decorate with what I have on hand as well. Sometimes you need a little inspiration to keep things interesting and that is just what you have given us. Thanks.

HI Melissa, I want to wish you a wonderful Merry Christmas! Our kids are here, we are starting to cook for the big family get together, not much is calm….but all is bright! Big smile. Blessings to you this Christmas!
    Debbie

I am always surprised what happens when I shop at my own home! This year I was at my limit for Christmas decor budget so I put a wooden cutting board out, topped it with a glass hurricane lantern filled with fresh greens and a few Christmas ornaments, two white pretty china mugs, a branch of greenery from the tree, and a cake pedestal topped with a giant festive snow man mug, and voila. I have to say it’s one of my favorite decorative areas in the house right now, and puts us all in the mood for some hot chocolate!

Teresa said it all ! I also love the idea of use what you have on hand, thank you for a great idea. I love the salt candles, a new idea, Thanks to you.

I love the epsom salt candles, and the linen table runner that’s underneath them.