Pellegrino & Lime with Blueberry Ice {Drink in a Blue Mason Jar}

by | Jun 5, 2013 | Entertaining, Recipes, Seasonal Decorating & Entertaining, Weddings | 18 comments

Just popping in with a tasty summer drink recipe and to let you know that the blue mason jars you might have seen in my house tour are the new limited edition vintage inspired Ball Mason Jar! So cuuuute and USEFUL!

You can find them at Target, I just got another box today because you can’t have too many blue mason jars. That’s what I think, anyway. And I don’t want to have to wait another 100 years until they release them again, just in case.

You used to have to go spend a fortune on vintage ones if you wanted blue jars, but no more. At least for now! They come in a box of six so you’ll be all set for drinking glasses too!

I love them using them for vases or my famous “mason jar decor” too!

Today the sun was out, YAY, so I made THIS refreshing summer drink. Of course, it tasted SO MUCH BETTER in the blue jar. Right? Looks cute and tastes delicious — that’s a win win.

Best of all, it’s easy to make AND it won’t add unnecessary calories, sugar or artificial colors to your diet. WINNING!

Fill blue mason jar with a few ounces of crushed ice. Or use frozen blueberries. Or both! I LOVE frozen blueberries!!! YUM!

Pour cold San Pellegrino mineral water over the ice or berries. Add a few squeezes of fresh lime juice, a mint leaf (and a lime wedge if you want!) and a stripey straw.

Refreshing & pretty & oh so fun.

And you can try variations according to what you have on hand or like — it is tasty with some frozen cranberry juice, too! Really, you can put whatever you want in it. You can even buy the flavored San Pellegrino drinks, but sometimes they are a little sweet for me.

As long as you drink out of a blue mason jar, it is going to taste and look real fancy — like you are on vacation!

Enjoy!

These Mason Jars were sent to me by the Ball Jar people! But I did go out and buy more for myself, they are that awesome!

I was able to find my jars at Raley’s!

Love those blue mason jars! I have 12 and thinking about buying more. I was looking all over for them and finally ordered them from Lowe’s. I was just too early! Now they have them all over. Love your house and your blog too.

Lowe’s has them in the stores and so does Targets.

I’m so glad to know these jars are available at Target–headed out to get some tomorrow!

Pellegrino is my favorite drink year-round, but especially in the summertime. I’ve never thought of serving it with crushed berries, though.

I remember when people drank out of jars because that’s all they had! It makes me smile that drinking out of jars is now very fashionable. :)

I know, times have changed. We all want to drink out of jars. What is this world coming to? haha. xo

I bought some online and then saw Target had them. The package I got at Target had been marked down to $7.05 because the plastic had been opened…my lucky day! So now I have 12 jars. I used them for my family Memorial Day party. I served fruit tea punch in them. The jars looked cute with some red chevron striped straws. Kroger carries them too for those in the South.

Oh, they are so cute! Yes, a drink would definitely taste better in a blue jar :)

Sounds refreshing! Thanks for sharing!

I’ve never seen Sam Pellegrino mineral water so I’ll have to hunt some down or some other mineral water.
    Love that Ball brought back the blue jars, only they don’t have the awesome zinc lids. Love those zinc lids. Wish I could find more of those as I have several of the original blue jars sans lids.
    I’ll have to get some of the new blue ones to use for drinks, how cool is that for summer. Have to kick crummy plastic glasses out of the cupboard for the summer. All those cool drinks you talked about sound so good, have to get some cranberry juice and some blueberries.
    Happy days.

Thanks for the heads up … Target continues to rock.

Fondly,
    Glenda

The drink sounds refreshing and the jar is so pretty! I could do some home decorating with those…

Sounds mouth watering! The blog photos are not showing up for this post, any suggestions? Thanks :)

That drink sounds very yummy and refreshing! I will definitely try it this summer.

I know so many people use mason jars as glasses but my husband would think I was nuts! I got a big chuckle at the thought of the look on his face if I handed him one to drink out of.

We bought a now 130 year old farmhouse last year and we found quite a few of these blue jars, of course ours are the real old ones, and its neat they are bringing them back, although I dont know if with time the blue jars fade into a lighter colour or what but our jars are no where near as blue as these ones are.. but hey they are still pretty