An unfortunate incident.
So there was an unfortunate post-Blissdom incident at my house yesterday.
You might as well sit down for this. It isn’t pretty.
The incident involved:
- A high ladder.
- A bucket of Studio Taupe paint.
- My husband.
- A sofa and two ottomans with white slipcovers. Yes.
- And our carpet.
The good news is:
- My husband was painting our living room!
- My seagrass rug was not in the room.
- I hated my wall to wall carpeting anyway (it is now covered with paint).
- In spite of being completely covered with paint, my two cute little ottoman white slipcovers washed pretty well and only have a few remaining splatters. I guess they wanted to experience their past life as paint drop cloths.
- One more wall of swine is GONE.
- I am COMPLETELY IN LOVE with how Studio Taupe is changing the way my whole house feels.
- Having all the furniture pulled out has given me some new ideas for how to re-arrange my now paint covered furniture.
- Winston was not in the room or he would no longer be a white dog.
Swine walls. Before the incident.
Behr All in One Studio Taupe.
After the incident (sorry about the dark night time photo, more photos to come when we finish)
The bad news is:
- My sofa slipcover will always have a smattering of paint stains on one arm and the skirt, and one cushion will have to remain upside down forever more.
- My favorite (and naturally most expensive) bird pillow will have a few token paint smears to remember this incident by.
- My jeans have paint on the knees from kneeling on the floor in a puddle of paint, trying to rescue my slipcovers.
- The paint splatters unfortunately did not cover the remaining swine walls and more painting and high ladders will still be required. Darn.
- I did not have our video cam running at the time of the incident.
Inquiring minds want to know:
- Yes, we had a drop cloth down, and no paint fell on it. Of course. The paint went right for my drop cloth SLIPCOVERS instead.
- Yes, we had pulled the furniture away from the painting wall.
- Yes, the paint fell from the top of the ladder and splattered across the room to the furniture and floor.
- No, my husband was not physically hurt in the incident.
- No, I don’t have pictures of the all the damage from in the incident. I ran to save my white slipcovers and bird pillow.
- Yes, I know that not running for the camera first was NOT a normal blogger reaction.
And, more importantly won the last two weeks of giveaways?
Longaberger Basket Giveaway
Home Depot Giveaway
Want to win a $100 AmEx card? I’m asking for advice on my dining room light, leave a comment to enter! There is still time to win that one so don’t delay! You do NOT have to have a blog to enter or win.
Have you ever had an unfortunate paint incident?