After sharing my wellness station, I got quite a few messages and emails posing a similar question. I thought it would be a good one to answer for everyone! I’m so happy so many of you reached out and I hope this post will help.
You can find details on ordering the essential oil kit I recommend or reactivating your membership here. Getting a kit is JUST LIKE GETTING A COSTCO MEMBERSHIP, EXCEPT THERE ARE NEVER ANY MEMBERSHIP FEES!
Reader Question: I’ve never used oils, so I’m hesitant to buy anything until I know how to use it/ apply it (i.e. I want to know exactly what I’m buying/ what in my routine will change before the investment).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I totally get this! I didn’t have the best start with oils, so I love helping others understand what is so great about them and why getting this kit will be one of your best decisions ever.
Today let’s talk about HOW you can incorporate oils into your home and daily routine.
Incorporating oils into our daily routines isn’t complicated at all! It shouldn’t be, anyway. Actually, I’d say how life should be with oils is quite the opposite of how most of us have lived.
We’ve inadvertently made many other things in our life far more cluttered, complicated and dare I say it…toxic.
And that way of living is actually part of the problem we are experiencing in how we feel. We need to simplify!
People may be skeptical or confused about oils, yet continue ordering products filled with toxic ingredients without a second thought.
That’s why I say to just DIVE IN, get this kit and proceed to get rid of the junk. Please don’t use random oils you find at a store or on Amazon because you really don’t know what is in that bottle! Don’t put your family at risk.
You want to be CONFIDENT in what you are putting on your body or into your home, so that’s why I only recommend the oils I trust for my own family.
You can find details on ordering the essential oil kit we trust reactivating an old membership here.
Let me help you figure this whole oil thing out, it will all make sense to you in time, as you use them. I promise. The kit I recommend is an investment into your wellness … because inviting in more toxic products instead is definitely not good for us.
So let’s talk about how you’ll use oils, to give you a better picture of what a day with oils will be like.
This wellness journey is about learning to SIMPLIFY, focusing our attention on the junk we can take away or easily replace with simple ingredients that will be far better for us.
Think about oils this way. You’ll use them daily to support all the things.
Your emotions are all over the place, your skin is a mess, your tummy has troubles. Your immune system is weak or compromised. Your endocrine system is struggling. You can’t focus. Your kids can’t focus. Your sleep is choppy and your kids are bouncing off the walls. Your house needs to be clean and your dishes are piled high in the sink.
You’re understandably stressed and overwhelmed. You want to be prepared for everything you are dealing with.
But why continue to fill your cabinets and counters with toxic products and ingredients, or even stock up on what you consider remedies for occasional needs, if the ingredients in them may actually be a cause or at least contribute to the very things your body is unhappy about….
All while your oils stay in the box.
Or you put off trying them.
Maybe you haven’t tried oils because you don’t understand why you would need them. Or maybe because you think you don’t have the money (but if you are still grabbing all of the scented products this time of year and filling your home and body with harsh chemicals, maybe you DO have the money, it’s just going toward other things).
Essential oils are much like any other thing you reach for to support all the things, only so much better for you.
You can diffuse oils in a quality essential oils diffuser to breathe them in (dilute with water and consult usage labels).
You can put them on your skin (consult usage labels and dilute with carrier oils if needed).
And with Young Living’s Vitality oils only, they can be taken as a dietary supplement (consult usage labels, try under your tongue, in a capsule, or in water or food).
Maybe a good question to ask yourself isn’t do I really need oils, but do I even think about, know or need what I am buying and using everyday INSTEAD of oils?
Whatever it is you are buying, it is a decision you might want to consider, rethink and reprioritize in the budget so you CAN invest in your wellness. I’m not suggesting buying more junk or things you won’t ever use or need. I’m talking about simplifying what you buy to only what your body needs.
I’m talking about having oils and products that your home (and body) will actually benefit from and ditching the stuff you used to buy that was wearing you down.
Our main goal with oils isn’t to make our house smell pretty (although, oh my, so many of them DO make our house smell wonderful!!! And some, not as much…but still oh-so-good-for-us.). Instead, the goal is to use them often to help us stay ABOVE the wellness line!
We want to strive toward living a healthy lifestyle, caring for our bodies by treating them well. Being mindful of what we eat, drink, what we put on our skin, what we breathe in, our mindsets, etc. All of our choices are important!
Having essential oils in our arsenal is one of the ways we can support our bodies. Plants are incredible protectors, defenders and promoters of health. Wellness is their job, so we use them IN PLACE OF the gross stuff. We don’t treat oils as medicines or cures because they act in our bodies in a different way. Think of them as wellness supporters. We need to focus on being proactive in preserving our wellness, rather than being reactive.
Young Living oils meet strict standards through rigorous quality control testing. Not all essential oils are created equally, inexpensive brands you find elsewhere can be synthetic, adulterated, or unethically sourced.
When you use your Young Living oils regularly, you’ll be more aware of the difference between how you felt with a house full of toxic products that may have been destroying your health and how you start to feel with the oils and products that you know are better for you.
That’s what this is all about.
Switching to what is better for you. It’s really that simple.
It’s about being equipped so you can make a habit of reaching for something good for you right there in your arsenal because you made a better choice with your hard-earned dollars.
If you ordered a kit years ago and didn’t use it, let’s get you started on a better path!You can find details on ordering a new essential oil kit or reactivating an old membership here.
If you are wondering what you would even do WITH these oils, let’s look what a day in the life would look like if you had your kit:
- When you get a Young Living starter kit and want to clean the house, you will be able to use an amazing trusted plant-based product to use (Thieves Household Cleaner). You’ll use it for everything from countertops to carpet to windows! It works so well, smells like fall and is safe for your family. You can buy refills any time with your free wholesale membership. One bottle of concentrate makes about 29 bottles of cleaner, so it’s extremely cost effective, too.
- You’ll have a hand sanit-izer and surface spray that meet the CDC guidelines for disinfectants, so you can use them at and after the gas station, the grocery store and everywhere you go!
- When you want to relax or sleep like a baby, you’ll be able to diffuse Peace & Calming. Side benefit, your house will smell like a dream.
- You’ll have Lemon Essential Oil to breathe in by your bedside to wake yourself up, or a put a drop of Lemon or Citrus Fresh Vitality in your glass of water for its cleansing and antioxidant properties. You’ll have peppermint in your purse to rub on your temples or over your sinuses as needed. You’ll have pure unadulterated lavender essential oil (known as the Swiss Army Knife of oils because it’s good for so many things) when you want to relax or sleep like a baby.
- When you want to ease every day stress and feel more empowered to face the day, you’ll grab your bottle of Valor. It smells amazing, too.
- When you want to improve your skin, you’ll have Frankincense to put on your face in the morning or before bed. (Wise men didn’t bring Frankincense to baby Jesus for nothing, it’s that good y’all. And Young Living’s Frank is incredible! You only get the best of the best).
- When you feel a little something coming on, you’ll be able to put a drop of Thieves Vitality (Vitality oils are labeled as a dietary supplement) in a veggie capsule, under your tongue, in your water or on your feet before you head out into the world.
- You might make a hot cup of NingXia Tea with a drop of Thieves! Thieves and NingXia is an incredible combo for people who like to stay well.
- When you’re feeling like the stress of the day is getting to you, you’ll drop some Stress Away in your diffuser and take a deep breath. Or drop a little on your wrist as a plant-based perfume you can sniff anytime you need a little happy moment. Ahhh, so much better.
- Instead of looking in the fridge for an energy drink in the afternoon, you can grab 2 ounces of NingXia Red to give yourself LIFE (it is an incredible antioxidant drink packed with superfoods that boost wellness and energy, a sample of which comes in your kit). I have a shot of this every afternoon.
- You’ll have PanAway to rub on your tense shoulders with some coconut oil after a long day at the computer, or on your joints after a workout, or on your temples during times of stress.
- You’ll be able to use oils for your plants.
- You’ll be able to make a chest/throat rub by combining carrier oil and Raven, and applying it directly to the skin for a cooling sensation and a better respiratory experience. You’ll diffuse it in a stuffy environment for happier breathing.
- When those restaurant bean tacos are feeling regrettable, DiGize and/or Peppermint mixed with a carrier oil (like coconut oil) on your belly, or a drop of either DiGize or Peppermint Vitality oil in water will never cease to amaze and remind you how grateful you are for these drops of plant-juice in your wellness toolbox.
- You’ll have so much fun with oils, too! Oils will become a simple delight in your day you didn’t know you were missing. You can have fun with blends that will smell like a dream in the diffuser. With access to all of Young Living’s wholesale oils, you’ll enjoy having a “forest” oil to diffuse this winter, like the absolutely incredible Northern Lights Black Spruce oil.
- You’ll enjoy making yourself a “happy roller” with an uplifting blend to roll onto your wrists! We will give you recipes that you can use.
- You’ll be able to mix up fun blends that are ‘dupes’ of your favorite candles, you can even order other oils to make your favorites, like our group’s top secret Anthropologie Volcano Diffuser Blend (I share our perfected never-before- revealed recipe in our group, we share all kinds of great ideas and simple recipes like that in there!).
- You’ll have access to over 600 wellness, nutritional and personal care products at wholesale prices.
- And once you are active in our wellness and oils education group called the Dwell Well Collective, you’ll meet the nicest people ever who will share your newfound love of oils. You’ll get excited about checking the group to find new ideas and recipes to try.
- And this is really only the beginning of the better choices you’ll be able to turn to every day when you have oils and access to all of the wonderful wellness options from Young Living (think natural dish soap with no sulfates, phosphates, dyes, or perfumes…safe makeup and cosmetics, a totally gentle baby line, wonderful hand soap and lotions, toothpaste and shampoo, supplements and so much more!).
The more you use your oils, the more you rid your home of toxins, the more you’ll understand how valuable these bottles of plant oils are to your health and well-being.
Oils have become just as much a part of life as any other product I used to use, except without the toxins. They are filled with wellness benefits no other product offers! You can find details on ordering an essential oil kit or reactivating your membership here.
Picture what you you use now and then see how easy it is to grab an oil.
I’ve made room sprays with oils and water in glass spray bottles.
I drop a few drops of Citrus Fresh or Lavender on wool dryer balls (instead of using toxic dryer sheets!)
I sprinkle some baking soda and 2 drops of Lemon into my garbage disposal. Then turn on the disposal while running warm water to freshen.
I put a couple drops of Citrus Fresh onto a cotton ball and place it in the bottom of my trash can to freshen it, or into my car air vents.
I rub 2 drops Raven or RC plus a carrier oil on my chest before exercise for breathing.
I combine oils and epsom salts to add to a bath. Lavender and Stress Away for a relaxing bath, or PanAway for a soothing evening.
If I was putting on a Band-Aid, I would put lavender on my skin beforehand.
I put a drop of Peace & Calming oil on my dog Jack’s bandana to help him chill out. He loves it!
I add a drop of oils to a pretty diffuser necklace; Stress Away is one of my faves.
I put 1 drop of Citrus Fresh or Purification directly into some stinky shoes.
These are SIMPLE ways to incorporate their goodness into your day.
BUT, there are SO many important life situations where you’ll be so grateful to have oils, too.
As you begin to trust how they impact your home, you’ll definitely turn to them for so many more significant needs.
Filling your home and body with the GOOD stuff (i.e. plant-based products, healthy food, restful sleep, clean air, etc) is about fueling your body well so it can do what it was designed to do.
What we bring into our home matters to how we feel.
How do you get into the habit of using oils?
Even though I am available to support you, it is still up to you to develop oil habits and ditch toxins.
I began by setting my oils right out where I could see them. I put them in the logical locations so that I would use them like I would any other product. I still do that!
My oils closet has become like an oils pantry, the place I go to replenish my supply of wellness products or find something I need. But then all of the other oils and products I need are kept right where I use them.
Skincare oils go near my sink, sleep oils stay by my bed, wellness oils are in my medicine cabinet, cleaning oils/products under the sink, etc. Just like any other products you’d want to use. See? Simple!
If you toss out the junk products, you’ll find FAR more success. Why keep using something that isn’t good for us? Just let it go. Your body will thank you a million times over for that simple act of ditching the bad stuff.
Once you are accustomed to using oils regularly, you’ll realize they really aren’t weird little bottles of potions you need to be afraid of. You’ll likely be more afraid of using the other products you used to use! You will definitely be able to tell the difference when you are consistent.
As a regular oils user, your diffuser will be set up (or diffusers!) with your favorite oils sitting next to it. Now instead of burning fumes from a candle (which can emit hazardous chemicals like benzene and toluene) or spraying a room with a freshener filled with toxic fragrance, you will simply turn on your diffuser (filled with water and a few drops of pure essential oils) or fill a spray bottle with oils and water for a room spray.
I keep a cute little Anthro milk creamer filled with water next to my diffuser to make refilling it easier. Another thing you can do for simplicity is to pre-make your most-used oils and water diffuser solutions (like your favorite sleep blend or seasonal scent) and keep it in a glass decanter or bottle (don’t use plastic for citrus oils).
Diffusing these plant oils can promote a restful mood, or a joyful one, depending on the oil and unique needs of the person. So you want it to be a convenient and relaxing ritual to choose one that will support the mood you want. Make the scene pretty! Y’all know I’m all about the mood, so why not engage more of your senses? (The Aria diffuser can play music, the Desert Mist has a super cozy candle flicker feature!).
Some oils are diffused to help keep us above the wellness line when we need a little boost, such as diffusing Thieves. Some make your home feel festive and seasonal (like Christmas Spirit).
If you have the kit and set up the oils you love to use in a convenient place so you can’t help but remember to use it daily, you will grow to LOVE diffusing every day!
So why get a Young Living starter kit and what if I already have a diffuser? You can find details on ordering an essential oil kit or reactivating your membership here.
If you are still confused about why you need a Young Living kit in order to get started, or are curious about the benefits of getting a Young Living diffuser with a kit, read on!
My feeling and the advice of MANY oil users is is that in order for oils to really change your life, you will need to change your current habits to include them throughout the day.
It’s really hard to do that with only an oil or two. You will want enough oils to get you through a day and give you all the wellness benefits, you will want a diffuser that best uses the properties of the oils to benefit your body, you will want the wholesale account (so you can have your own account, and get the best deal on anything you want now and going forward), and so you’ll have access to the community and resources (so you have support and education!). The kit is really the way to have access to the best path.
With your kit, you have a choice of a diffuser. Young Living’s diffusers are high quality and not like many cheap diffusers on the market. You want a great diffuser that will work well and efficiently so you get the MOST benefit out of your oils!
With the Young Living kit oils so heavily discounted, the diffuser is basically FREE! So even if you already have another diffuser, the best deal is STILL to get the kit. Any of the kit diffusers will break the essential oils down into millions of particles that waft through the air invisibly so we are getting the full benefit of the oils.
Plus, you want to be breathing in the goodness God created for our benefit….not any chemicals wafting into the air from a cheap diffuser that cannot hold up to the power of oils, not the junk found in unknown bottles labeled “oils” …. just the pure goodness found in Young Living’s pure and unadulterated plant oils.
Once you begin to trust how they support your needs, you’ll be so grateful you took the first step.’
Young Living offers much more than oils. It’s a respected wellness company! I have been able to rid my home of so much garbage over the past few years because I love their plant-based household and cleaning products, personal care items, supplements, makeup and more. You will have access to everything from Young Living at wholesale pricing when you become a member. (There are no requirements. You don’t have to buy anything ever again, but you can use your membership to buy stuff you want or need for your home or personal care. It’s like any other wholesale membership such as Costco or Amazon, except there are no fees to be a member!).
If you’ve been waiting for the “right time” I’d say there is no better time to treat yourself right than right now.
Let’s do this together, friend! Home & wellness friends for life.
ORDER YOUR STARTER KIT, JOIN MY WELLNESS COMMUNITY!
1. Grab your starter kit today and reach out to me if you are ready to reactivate your membership.
2. If you signed up with me or anyone on my team, join our group The Dwell Well Collective! We’re here to help members get the most of the kit. If you aren’t on Facebook or need help, please email me! I want to help you. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Practice new daily habits and routines. Follow our wellness Instagram feed and stories for a 101 class, tips and daily routine ideas @dwellwellcollective and follow me at @theinspiredroom
4. Be on Essential Rewards to set up a monthly wellness box. This is optional, but so important to your ongoing, lifelong success. Every month you’ll get the most bang for your buck, enjoy freebies, and boost your family’s wellness while you ditch more toxins in your home! That’s a win win win win.
Find some more FAQ on using essential oils and my recommendations for oils here.
Read my post where I shared my Wellness Station!
* * * * * * * *
If you are still considering whether or not to get started now, I hope you’ll trust how simple and beneficial this decision will be and simply take a step forward every day.
* * * * * * *
- Everything shared in this post is my personal opinion. I’m not a doctor. Everything shared in this post is referring to Young Living oils ONLY, this is a brand my entire family trusts and chooses to use in our home.
- This is not your comprehensive end all be all guide to oils or health. I’m not an expert, but it’s a place to start.
- We provide far more specific info in our group for our members and offer classes, videos and resources where you can learn to use oils effectively.
- Other brands of oils will NOT be the same quality found in YL oils, so do not use them interchangeably or assume they are the same. Other brands labeled “essential oils” may actually have a long list of risks and dangers from products in the bottle that can include fillers (to make them cheaper), chemicals from the soil the plants were grown in, preservatives, perfumes or fragrances to alter the smell, other toxic ingredients, or they might not even contain any of the actual plant. Young Living oils are backed by their incredible Seed to Seal promise of quality. You can literally call up YL and ask to visit their farm and see their process–it’s incredible.
- Ingesting essential oils is totally optional. But if you do, please make sure it’s only a Young Living Vitality oil, which is an oil labeled as a dietary supplement. Other brands may contain harmful perfumes, fillers or preservatives that you will NOT want in your body!
- Consult your doctor or vet or a reference guide with any specific questions regarding health issues or particular circumstances when using oils.
OILS & ACCESSORY SOURCES: