Christmas House Tour 2017

Welcome to our home, sweet friends! I’m absolutely honored that you would take the time to visit us in this busy season. Come on in!

We put together a fun little Christmas video of our home for you, so you’re invited to take a peek at it now or before you go! Click to open YouTube to watch full screen!

If you are new or haven’t stopped by in awhile, I’m so glad you’re here! In case you’re wondering where in the world we live, we moved to this little brick house in Seattle just a little over two years ago. It feels like home to us, we really love it here. Our backyard overlooks Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. I feel like we have the best of two worlds, city life and a very quiet retreat with views of sunsets, snowcapped mountains, and the water.

Christmas House Tour 2017

Kitchen Remodel Details / Small Tree – Balsam Hill / Wreath & Dish Towel – Birch Lane

We remodeled our kitchen and worked a few other projects this past year, so this is actually our first holiday season where we don’t feel like our house is torn apart. :)

We have plenty more projects we hope to work on in this house, but for now we’re just settled in and feeling snug as bug for the winter!

Christmas House Tour 2017Mug

I definitely try to make our home to feel a little more magical and memorable at Christmas. We mostly focus on savoring those meaningful intangibles that matter to us the most. Our faith, family, pups, old and new traditions and memories. But to create the mood, I love to sprinkle in a bit of Christmas sparkle through the house with a bit of greenery, a few little trees, cozy textures, twinkling lights, special seasonal items and even a few whimsical mementos here and there.

Repurposed Log Holder

Thanks to the hustle and bustle of modern life, I feel like it’s tempting to start to skipping traditions or not even put out Christmas decor in an attempt to slow down the pace. But even though we don’t hold onto a lot, it’s still important to our family to bring out a few special things that spark family stories and memories from years gone by. There is something comforting and nourishing about those familiar Christmas traditions!

Christmas House Tour 2017

All of my non-Christmas kitchen remodel sources are here.

Christmas House Tour 2017

Yes, if you are new here, we do have two Dutch doors in our home! They are my favorite so I couldn’t stop at adding just one. You can find the details on both of them here. The boxwood wreath and cute tree doormat are from Birch Lane.

Christmas House Tour 2017

Lights – Barn Light Electric (more details in this post)

This is our little front entry hall! The boxwood garland is from Birch Lane (I can’t remember where I got the boxwood stars, I’ve had them for a few years now. They keep beautifully!).

Galvanized Wall Hooks

Christmas House Tour 2017

The botanicals were from Ballard Designs, but they are unfortunately no longer available. Here is a post with lots of other botanical sources, though! The little bench was from Target a few years ago (I just threw a winter scarf over it for coziness).

Christmas House Tour 2017Framed Chalkboard / Zinc Card Holder

AWWW!

Christmas House Tour 2017

I’ve literally wrapped two gifts. Only two. Plus I have one gift bag, which I don’t know if I can technically count as gift wrap. I still have time, right?

Christmas House Tour 2017

Our tree is informal and just like our home, it is never too serious!

Even though our dogs STILL dismantle the tree and eat our ornaments (Jack is 6 1/2 now, so I’m really not sure when he will get over his puppyhood), we still try to salvage a few animals for the tree. This little guy is a new one and I put him WAY up high for safety.

Christmas House Tour 2017

Woven Shades (discount code!)  / Rattan Day Bed – Serena & Lily / Blanket – Birch Lane / Wayfair

Sectional: Interior Define 110″ Caitlin Chaise Sectional in Narwhal Mod Velvet

Christmas House Tour 2017

I don’t know about you, but pups in red flannel scarves bring me joy.

Galvanized metal houses Birch Lane / Shop more Christmas houses here / Lamps

Christmas House Tour 2017

We always have our diffuser going with winter blends. Our house smells like Christmas right now (Christmas Spirit and Peppermint oil)–it’s heavenly! (Info on the diffuser can be found here.)

Christmas House Tour 2017

White Velvet Stockings – Pottery Barn / Houses – Target / Footstool – Birch Lane

Tree and tree collar – Balsam Hill

Snowmen Marshmallows

Christmas House Tour 2017

Guest Bedroom Makeover / Chandelier – PB Kids / Curtains – Anthro / Let it Snow Pillow is from Birch Lane

Luke’s Bedroom

My son’s room is looking pretty festive with his tree, but I didn’t manage to take any Christmas photos of our little master bedroom for this post.

If I get inspired to take some photos I’ll share them in a future post. I did put up a couple of table top trees in our room so it feels very cozy! I’ll probably want the little trees to stay up through the winter, I love the white lights at night (honest confession, we left a white birch tree up ALL YEAR in our bedroom this last year!).

Christmas House Tour 2017Tin Luminaries, Doormat & Wreath – Birch Lane

Before I let you go, I couldn’t resist sharing one more photo of Jack.

It just makes me laugh every time I see it. I feel like he’s got the whole “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear” thing down. Don’t you think?

Christmas House Tour 2017

If you didn’t watch our video Christmas tour, don’t forget to scroll up to watch it or click here!

I’m joining in with a small group of friends who are offering virtual Christmas tours this week, so go pay them a visit! Their homes are so pretty and welcoming.

Just a Girl
Home Stories A to Z
Honey We’re Home
Tatertots and Jello
Hi Sugarplum
A Thoughtful Place
Not Just a Housewife
Pretty Handy Girl
Centsational Style
The Inspired Room
320 Sycamore
Thrifty Decor Chick

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Christmas House Tour 2017

Comments

1. Your home looks lovely! Your pups are adorable, and I love the fact that there is Christmas decoration, but it’s not all over the place, as if someone spilled rainbows all over the place. It looks very classy and tasteful. Congrats on the great work!

2. Your home is BEAUTIFUL! And I love that your two gorgeous dogs are so comfy and a part of it.
    Very cozy. Happy Holidays!

3. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

4. Everything is so festive and beautiful! Love the marshmallow snowmen!! Your video brought tears to my eyes. Have such a wonderful Christmas with your family, Melissa!

5. I love the simplicity. I decorate for Christmas the same say – simple. I am also a ‘tweaker’. I move items around my house, room to room, all the time. I am curious where your blue wing back chairs and the settee from the dining room are now.

6. After watching the video I see the settee in the dining room but on the other wall – not under the window. So where did the beautiful dining room cabinet and rattan shelf go?

7. Awww, love that the dogs “helped” you decorate each room with their presence. And the video, what a nice touch! Thank you for opening up your home Melissa.

8. Loved the home tour! Your home is the epitome of warmth/and hospitality in the Christmas season! Your pups are so adorable and they just add to the comfy, cozy of it all! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely home! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Melissa and have blessed New Year! 🙏❤️🎄

9. Betty Gandy says:

Love your home and your fur babies.

10. Lovely, just lovely. I love it all- especially the doggies. ❤️ We have two dogs as well. Our Anatolian Shepherd is always doing something hysterical- much like Jack. Merriest of Christmases to you and yours.

11. Thank you for the tour~ Love the sparkle and especially the houses – I’m crazy for decorating with houses – wood, metal, house-shaped candles, etc. Glad to see I’m not the only one! And love that your decorations are different than the red/green usual! Thanks again!

12. Cheryl DeBoard says:

Loved the video! It put a sparkle in my Christmas celebration!!

13. Your dogs! They are seriously the cutest! I love all the simple touches of Christmas you added to your home. So cozy!

14. mary surchek says:

where or where did you purchase the white lighted tree in the dining room? its wonderful! i think it could stay up year round, no?

15. Oh beautiful!! Love your sweet home and the precious pups!! Merry Christmas 🎄

16. Soooo beautiful. Everything is perfect. Leaves room to breathe in, without being overwhelmed! Sweet &
    Perfect, loved the video and, of course, the cutest pups ever! 🌟😍🐾

17. Melissa,
    This truly was joyful. You’ve put everything together in such a comforting, cohesive way. Jack and Lily are as adorable as always. Thank-you for taking the time to make the video and share your home with us.
    I hope that you and your family have a Merry & blessed Christmas

18. Betty in Arlington says:

Beautiful tour, Melissa! I also enjoued the music!

Christ is born! Let us Glorify Him!

19. Thank you for sharing. You have a beautiful home and those fur babies are adorable. Loved the video.

20. I loved the tour and your Christmas touches are just lovely. The drapes in the living room are the ones you and your mom made for your previous home, aren’t they? They look wonderful in their new spot and it’s so nice to see more blue infused into that space again.
    Jack and Lily are quite a pair rubbing noses together… that’s priceless!

Wishing you and yours a blessed and joyous Christmas!
    xo

• Yes, the same ones! I’ve had them for probably 20 years, can you believe it? I still love them.

I’m always moving things to see what I like best, I’m sure in about three years I’ll be more settled, ha! But for now….I guess “expect change” has to be my husband’s motto when he walks in the room :).

Christmas Blessings to you and your family, Diane!

21. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.; BEAUTIFUL! You have done an amazing job on your house with the remodel. I truly love it. And your fur babies! Gorgeous! Are they Labradoodles? sp

22. Your home is beautiful! I love the dogs and the video, it’s awesome. Have a wonderful holiday! 😊🎄🎉

23. Beautiful as always! Your video put me right in the holiday mood and now all I want is a big eggnog latte in a cute Christmas mug!

24. Merry Christmas. Your home is wonderful and I love your style. Jack is adorable!
    Best to you this season and I look forward to reading more in the new year.
    xo,
    Karen

25. I rarely comment on any blog, but I did want you to know the main reason I read yours is because you are relatable. Thank goodness, your life isn’t glamourous and your house isn’t fancy. Merry Christmas!

26. Hello Melissa,
    Beautiful little video, & loved seeing your furry kids in it!! Lovely job creating Christmas in your home…Could you tell me the source of that curvy floor lamp sitting by your sectional? Thank you, & merry, merry Christmas!

27. Loved the video!! Always fun to see the doodles!! Merry Christmas!

28. Debbie Czech says:

Melissa,
    Thank you for sharing your Christmas video. So peaceful and lovely. Your house is so simple but beautiful. Merry Christmas! :)
    debbie

29. I just love how cozy and welcoming your home is, Melissa!! Everything looks so festive, just the right touches, as always! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family, both furry and not so furry!! :)

30. O my word, Melissa – those doodles!!! Loved the video. We are a doodle family also. My daughter has Sam, just like yours but black and we have a little guy doodle in apricot. BEST DOGS EVER! Merry and Blessed Christmas.

31. I love your home. Beautifully decked out. I don’t knw which is the cutest, your Christmas decorative porch, or your two big babies, (dogs).

32. Hi there,thank you for sharing your lovely home and decorations and pups. I got a couple ideas that I want to try next year. Appreciate your taking the time to get all the photos taken and shared. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you and your family.

33. Your home looks beautiful! So many little touches that make it unique. I love the photos of Jack & Lily, especially the las one of Jack ‘singing’ lol 😂 I hope you and your family have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and I look forward to following you into 2018 🎄❄️🎄❄️🎄

34. So pretty…I enjoyed the video so much…thanks for sharing…Merry Christmas!!!

35. Everything is so beautiful and warm. My question and comment, how do you keep everything so wonderful with your two fur babies? I would love to be able to take the slip covers off of my things and enjoy them with my fur baby, but I’m afraid he will mark or track mud or who knows what else.

How do you do it?, I’m sooo jealous.

36. Your home is so beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it with us! I love that the decorations are simple, but bring so much warmth to your home. The view from your windows looks very familiar – I used to live in Shoreline. Are you in Magnolia, North Beach or Shoreline?

37. Your home is SO my style – I love all of it. I didn’t read blogs on purpose this season because I’m so tempted to imitate everything I see. But instead I pared down my decor and only surrounded myself only with the things that I truly love. I think this winter break I’m going to pick up a copy of your book for more of your wisdom and to stay true to the course and continue decorating in the same manner. Happy holidays to you and your family! — Jeanette at SnazzyLittleThings

38. Hi there, your home looks wonderful and cheerful.. one thing never changes that is Jack and his ottoman love :) from day one i was a huge fan of Jack and after it came Lily and so all the family.. have a great time in your lovely nest.. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.. xoxo Ebru

39. Michelle Micallef says:

You have your home so beautifully decorated. My favourites: adorable pups, white stockings, trees throughout the house with lights, beautiful black door with green garland, and big windows to let a lot of natural light in. Well done! Thanks for sharing.

40. Merry Christmas. Your home is wonderful and I love your style. Jack is adorable!
    Best to you this season and I look forward to reading more in the new year.
    xo,

41. Joni Williams says:

You may have answered this and I missed it, but can you tell me where you found the snowflake stocking holders? Your house is just beautiful, and I love the dogs!

42. PJ Pellizzari says:

What a gorgeous home! Would you mind sharing the color/brand of the paint you used on the blue colored door in your home? Or did it come painted that color? If so, can you share the brand of the door? Thank you!